Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punch bag frame

Options
  • 15-10-2020 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭

I’m looking to hang a punch bag out back and have no where to hang it.

Does anyone know if a fence post steak would be good enough to hold a post holding a punch bag ? Or would I need to use concrete or similar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

You could fix a hefty bracket to the wall of the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

policarp wrote: »
    You could fix a hefty bracket to the wall of the house.

It’s a semi D between windows , doors and garden furniture there’s not much space.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭carbonceiling

You would need a stake with very strong foundations, punchbags are usually quite heavy and when they swing around they would easily loosen a stake in the ground.

I have seen them hung from a mini-pergola quite successfully, in the middle of four upright posts with a small roof on top. this would protect it from the rain which would destroy a punchbag if left out in the open.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Magic ]=)

Few ideas from google:

8fb02ff6602bb8fb301c8f4d9021f6e0.jpg

DIY_Stand_grande.jpg?v=1590355021

maxresdefault.jpg

Fence post will work. Base can be weight down with weights or bricks if you have any laying around. But it it doesn't necessarily have to be with stable base

Advertisement