Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dimplex OptiMyst Repair Options

Options
  • 15-10-2020 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi, I bought an Dimplex Optimyst electric fire in Dec 2018 (550EUR!!) so warranty well up.

After commissioning it for use after summer storage there recently, it is now failing. Basically, it worked for a couple of minutes, running the fan heater and producing the mist/flame effect but then stopped and presented the cd01 error which means it is out of water. But it's not out of water and never was, and has been well-maintained and cleaned, everything pristine.

So at the moment, when you switch it on, it runs the heater for a short time, does not produce the mist effect, then presents the cd01 error, then everything, including fan heater shuts down shortly after.

Looking at the woeful TrustPilot reviews about Dimplex (UK) customer service and the numerous and varied OptiMyst debacles that people have experienced, I think I have been sold a pup and I am not looking forward, or optimistic about the prospects of my spending my valuable time and money trying to find a remedy from Dimplex.

Before I write this off completely, and it's a long shot, I thought i might ask if there are any Optimyst owners who have had similar issues and what they need to do to resolve.

E.g. could this be a transducer failure? Happy to buy one for 60 quid online but if that's not the fault then I'm just throwing good money after bad. Is there any way to test whether a transducer has failed, does the resistance across the terminals change for a failed device? There is a 24VDC fan that blows across the sump also. I don't have a bench power supply to test this standalone but I can confirm that the board is only producing 4VDC to the fan during startup, so is the board faulty or is there a startup sequence that requires the (possibly failed) transducer to start up first? Questions, questions, and very hard to answer with no known-working parts to swap in and out to check.

The more I write, the more I think this is a long short, but you never know, if anybody has any advice, even perhaps on customer service / repair options in Ireland that would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

MOD NOTE: Moving this to electrical

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Small claims procedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Under EU law they must offer a 2 year guarantee. It's your statutory rights above and beyond any guarantee from the manufacturer.
    Get it right back to them and tell them you want a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭crasy dash

I'd agree get on and complain like feck when I worked in retail I'm fairly sure all dimplex stuff had a two year warranty even on stuff that only cost 30e.

Get on to where you bought it and complain to them and tell them you aren't happy.

If not get on to Glendimplex they are the distributor for them based in Dublin a quick Google will get a number for them

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Dont mention that you put it in storage and since then it’s not working.

Advertisement