Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange contraption in kitchen blasting out cold air. Wtf is this? Electrician possib

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

why would anyone need such a device?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,397 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Just get onto the landlord and ask him to get it disabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I'm just wondering how you didn't notice it before you moved in. It looks like a monstrosity.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Manion wrote: »
    why would anyone need such a device?

Positive input ventilation can help prevent or reduce issues with mould or condensation by improving ventilation. There may not be wall vents in the rooms currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

I'm just wondering how you didn't notice it before you moved in. It looks like a monstrosity.

I thought it was just the fuse box.
    There may not be wall vents in the rooms currently.

Correct. There are no vents anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

The amount of people that are causing mould in their homes in Ireland is crazy. There is actually a woman I work with who smells musty because she lives in a mouldy home. She told me once that they have an issue with mould on their walls and I told her what was causing it and how to improve it and she basically has decided to love in a health hazzard rather than spend a few quid reheating the air because of ventilation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Vestiapx wrote: »
    The amount of people that are causing mould in their homes in Ireland is crazy. There is actually a woman I work with who smells musty because she lives in a mouldy home. She told me once that they have an issue with mould on their walls and I told her what was causing it and how to improve it and she basically has decided to love in a health hazzard rather than spend a few quid reheating the air because of ventilation.

I agree, I hate mould. But this machine is blasting 10 degree air into the kitchen constantly 24/7. Meanwhile the radiator is fighting against it trying to warm the air. I might as well burn a wad of 50 notes. Had to turn it off.

Advertisement