If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Friday price promise

Options
  • 16-10-2020 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Is there a Black Friday Price Promise planned for this year, as it was last year? If so, since when?  

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

grogi wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Is there a Black Friday Price Promise planned for this year, as it was last year? If so, since when?  

Thanks
    Hi Grogi.

Thanks for the post.

The price promise should come into effect soon we are just waiting on this being released from head office.

I'll post here on Boards once we get the go ahead.

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

Hi Grogi.

Thanks for the post.

The price promise should come into effect soon we are just waiting on this being released from head office.

Kenny.

That's great to hear Kenny! Please let us know on this thread when it comes into effect as I'm also waiting on this to come into effect before I pull the trigger on an oled. I'll follow this thread for any updates from you.

loughrey wrote: »
    Hi Grogi.

Thanks for the post.

Kenny.

That's great to hear Kenny! Please let us know on this thread when it comes into effect as I'm also waiting on this to come into effect before I pull the trigger on an oled. I'll follow this thread for any updates from you.
    No problem, we'll keep you posted! Keep an eye on our website as well for any changes!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 22 AppleMacBoy

Hi guys,

Which way does this price promise work exactly ?

Is there a certain time frame from purchase date and if when/if that product drops in price ?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi AppleMacBoy,

we have not yet announced any Black Friday price deals yet - our current price beat has been extended to 14 days as standard - of course this is subject to our normal T's and C's:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/t-pricebeat.aspx

Some years we have announced a price - beat for Customers who purchase from us prior to Black Friday - due to the difficulty securing stocks across the range of our products this is currently under consideration but no firm decision has been announced at the moment.

Thanks AMB and keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Hi All,

Just checking has there been any update on this since the last post. I'm eager to get my new LG Oled along with another 2 TVs for bedroom. Just don't want to pull the trigger now and they all go on sale in a few weeks.

Thanks 
    AMB

Hi All,

Just checking has there been any update on this since the last post. I'm eager to get my new LG Oled along with another 2 TVs for bedroom. Just don't want to pull the trigger now and they all go on sale in a few weeks.

Thanks 
    AMB
    Hi AppleMacBoy,

Still no release of deals unfortunately!

Our deals are usually released close to the time but as John has mentioned we do also offer our 14 day price promise!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

So with Black Friday falling on the 27th November would I be right in saying if I bought the TVs say on the 13th/14th and the price drops within 14 days from then I will be refunded the difference ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

So with Black Friday falling on the 27th November would I be right in saying if I bought the TVs say on the 13th/14th and the price drops within 14 days from then I will be refunded the difference ?

No, it would have to be lower somewhere else as well.

Hi AppleMacBoy,

That's correct, if our price drops within 14 days of purchase we'll refund the difference!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

So is the Black Friday Price Promise the same thing really ?

Hi AppleMacBoy,

That's correct, if our price drops within 14 days of purchase we'll refund the difference!

Kind regards

David
    David, 

I don't want to question your answer here, but the T&C of 14 days Pricebeat Guarantee only suggest that RS will be the cheapest. There is nothing indicating that if your price alone falls you will match it as well. 

Hi AppleMacBoy,

Kind regards

David
    David, 

I don't want to question your answer here, but the T&C of 14 days Pricebeat Guarantee only suggest that RS will be the cheapest. There is nothing indicating that if your price alone falls you will match it as well. 
    The Black Friday Price Promise is slightly different than the 14-day price beat in that it promises you a refund of the difference if Richersounds lowers the price of the unit within the Black Friday period with either discount codes or a price drop. The Price Beat refers to the competitors where they'll both match the price and beat it by a certain amount, which in the case of the 55 inch OLEDs is 20 pounds. The Black Friday price promise usually is a 14-day promise that starts about two weeks prior to Black Friday from past years of this offer. I'm also looking for an OLED from RS this Black Friday so will wait until RS announces it here that it has come into effect. They said they'll make a post on this thread so best to follow this thread so you'll know when it starts but don't expect it to happen until at least the second week of November as it's a little too early yet to be talking about Black Friday as it's a good month away.

Hi AppleMacBoy,

Kind regards

David
    David, 

Thanks for all the input guys. The Black Friday Price Promise is a promotion we run every Black Friday where if you buy a product and it drops on Black Friday we will refund the difference. It usually has slightly different start and end dates than our standard 14 day Price Promise (recently updated from a 7 Day Price Promise) whereby we will refund the difference on a product if it is reduced within 14 days of purchase.

I don't know exactly when we'll be releasing the dates for the Black Friday Price promise as these are handed down by Head Office but it's usually around two weeks.

Kind regards

David

We have for many years honoured our own price drops for Customers who have purchased in the previous 7 days.

We have recently increased this to 14 days - the main caveat is that the price drop has to be in the same currency.

Latest information this morning is that we will not have a dedicated Black Friday price promise but our standard 14 day price promise on our own and competitor pricing will apply - as ever this is subject to our normal T's and C's.

Hope that this is helpful but as ever drop us a line if we can ever assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

We have for many years honoured our own price drops for Customers who have purchased in the previous 7 days.

We have recently increased this to 14 days - the main caveat is that the price drop has to be in the same currency.

Latest information this morning is that we will not have a dedicated Black Friday price promise but our standard 14 day price promise on our own and competitor pricing will apply - as ever this is subject to our normal T's and C's.

Hope that this is helpful but as ever drop us a line if we can ever assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

Thanks for the info about the currency at I know from the past that sterling has generally seen the best discounts as you usually use sterling discount codes around Black Friday where the euro pricing either doesn't change or not as much. I'll stick to sterling to be safe. Looks like I'll wait until exactly 14 days before Black Friday to pull the trigger so I'll be covered within that price promise. You wouldn't enjoy the TV as much if you lost or on Black Friday 😅

Hi AppleMacBoy,

I wouldn't be able to match that unfortunately. The reason is there is no extended warranty, it will only come with a standard 1 Year Manufacturer warranty and also when you put it in your basket there is a message reading "This TV is not available until 1 Jan 2040 and cannot be ordered".

Kind regards

David

Hi AppleMacBoy,

..it's a good price but they don't currently have stock - this is what their site says when you try to order right now:

Unfortunately this product is not in stock till the  and cannot be ordered till that date.  Would you like us to email you when this product is available?

..I'd never knock Elara but they also have some pretty stringent T's and C's around the potential return of this item - and also they don't appear to offer any extended warranty..

Keep us posted ;)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

Thanks for the info about the currency at I know from the past that  sterling has generally seen the best discounts as you usually use  sterling discount  codes around Black Friday where the euro pricing either doesn't change or not as much. I'll stick to sterling to be safe. Looks like I'll wait until exactly 14 days before Black Friday to pull the trigger so I'll be covered within that price promise. You wouldn't enjoy the TV as much if you lost or on Black Friday 😅
    Loughrey,

TBH Euro pricing can work out more competitive on many products and we do use Euro vouchers as well ( although not as frequently as £ vouchers) - it's always worth checking out both currencies - it's only the flick of a button and you can end up with decent savings!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Def_IRL

My understanding is that all of this year's LG OLEDCX range have a standard 5 years warranty with all retailers, Richers USP is to add a year to that?
    I assume Elara have to honour the standard LG warranty of 5 years regardless?
    Hi AppleMacBoy,

I wouldn't be able to match that unfortunately. The reason is there is no extended warranty, it will only come with a standard 1 Year Manufacturer warranty and also when you put it in your basket there is a message reading "This TV is not available until 1 Jan 2040 and cannot be ordered".

Kind regards

David

DEF,

I'm unsure of Elara's warranty arrangements but it depends on their relationship with LG and of course what they decide to offer - I have checked the 55BX page out personally and it does not mention any extended warranty - but slightly more fundamentally they are not showing any available stock on hand at the moment..ELARA.55bx.28.10.20.19.20PM.JPG?dl=0

for some reason Boards wont allow me to post a pic at the moment but you can check it out here:
    https://www.elara.ie/productdetail.aspx?mancode=OLED55CX5LB&manufacturer=LG%20ELECTRONICS&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5drK1ufX7AIV2OJ3Ch0abAR_EAQYASABEgJVX_D_BwE

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Def_IRL wrote: »
    My understanding is that all of this year's LG OLEDCX range have a standard 5 years warranty with all retailers, Richers USP is to add a year to that?
    Hi AppleMacBoy,

Kind regards

David
    LG offers only 12 month manufacturers warranty on TVs in UK and Ireland. 

Def_IRL wrote: »

No, LG is 1 year. The 5 years that John Lewis and others mention is their own warranty. Richersounds is their own full 6 year warranty. I know DID Electrical charge about 200 for a 5 year warranty on the LG CX. Don't think any TV manufacturer offers 5 years parts and labour, you can usually only get that from a retailer.

If it wasn't for Richersounds' great peace of mind warranty I'd forget about OLED TVs entirely as 12 months is crazy for the amount LG are looking for these TVs and the fact that a few LG TVs have sent bad on me after a few months - my Nanocell speakers and LED backlight started to go bad after just 3 months despite the TV costing 900. LG only offer the bare legal requirement of one year warranty that all manufacturers are required to offer for all TVs they sell in Europe. Anything beyond this is up to the great extended warranties provided by retailers like RS. But unlike RS, most retailers, especially in ROI, charge you money for those extended warranties beyond the minimum one year

No, LG is 1 year. /.../. LG only offer the bare legal requirement of one year warranty that all manufacturers are required to offer for all TVs they sell in Europe. /.../

We're getting off topic here, but let me clarify that: There is no legal manufacturer warranty requirement. You can make a product and offer nothing here. Manufacturer offers warranty only because otherwise they wouldn't sell anything.

Law does indeed protects consumers, but on the expense of retailer, not manufacturer. It is the retailer than is lawfully responsible if the sold product is faulty or unsuitable for purpose etc. Conditions of that statuary protection differ between countries in EU, but typically the protection runs for two years (six in Ireland IIRC) and covers faults in the product that existed at the moment of sale (for instance a HDMI port didn't work).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Folks, 

I think this thread has run its course at this stage and agree that it is now off-topic.

There is a Consumer Issues forum on  Boards https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=580 which would be a better place to discuss warranty and consumer rights etc.

Queries for Richersounds seeking advice, deals or trading information are always welcome and it is usually best to open a new thread for your query rather than inserting it into another Boardies thread.

Thanks,

Ritz.

This discussion has been closed.