Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying A House -Roads & Services Help

Options
  • 16-10-2020 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi there,

I am currently trying to close on purchasing a house as a first time buyer. The house is in an estate under 10 years old. My solicitor has raised the roads & services as an issue because it has not yet been taken on by the county council.

This is all new to me and I would appreciate any advice if someone has been through a similar ordeal.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭kravmaga

What issues exactly has your solicitor flagged?

I presume you have all services to the property, water, electricity, gas etc?

The reason why a lot of councils wont or dont take on a particular development is because of outstanding issues between the developer/ builder and council on the snag list.

This is what happened in the development I bought in back in 2004, the developer ended up in NAMA.

So it took years before the council got to taking in hand the entire estate, 15 yrs approx.

Advertisement