Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Chips in Kilkenny

Options
  • 16-10-2020 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I know there have been a few threads over the years on this, but who does the best chips in town these days?

Places of note that come to mind are
    1. Yer man on the parade
    2. Larkins
    3. Joes
    4. Roma

But am I missing any?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 niallhy

zompea wrote: »
    I know there have been a few threads over the years on this, but who does the best chips in town these days?

Places of note that come to mind are
    1. Yer man on the parade
    2. Larkins
    3. Joes
    4. Roma

But am I missing any?

Mario's
    Rocco's

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Vittu

Roccos

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Vittu wrote: »
    Roccos

miserable portions though

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Vittu

Benny Cake wrote: »
    miserable portions though

It's been a good while since I was there but a cod and chips was a serious feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭s8n

the coo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

It's been a while but Joes for me.

Love the fries in Sullivan's but it's not quite chipper chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

I can’t understand the obsession with Larkins. The place is in dire need of a makeover and the three staff need to learn to cope with more than one customer at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

emeldc wrote: »
    I can’t understand the obsession with Larkins. The place is in dire need of a makeover and the three staff need to learn to cope with more than one customer at a time.

+1. It does have a great reputation. I live nearby so have tried several times on the wobble home and never found the grub that good. The last two times I went in I could only eat whatever was left under the heater, no chips!

Pre covid people would be queueing before it opened. Now during covid I see long queues out the door.

I'm definitely missing something on their menu!!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Larkins has been poor lately, and as already said if you're in there after 9 they have basically nothing left.

Roccos - nice grub but the portions are miserable and the service is so fu*king slow.

Marios - consistently nice I find. No real complaints anytime I've gone there.

I wouldn't feed anything from Joes to an animal, let alone a human. (Just my personal opinion, I know some people like the place).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Andy Comerfords for me.

• Advertisement

Caesers and marios....

best kebab in tasty bites near nolan park

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭s8n

the pumphouse

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Larkins - chips are OK, service mega slow
    Joe's - soggy chips I find, though i haven't been in a while so maybe they've improved
    Rocco's - thanks, can I have the rest of the portion now please?

Mario's gets my vote. Consistently decent, and service is fairly sharp. Parking is fairly convenient as well. Never been to the guy on the parade.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭JDMC2

Stoneykebabish ��
    Chips aren’t good but, the diner kebab is divine (I know we’re talking about chips but I needed to give the kebab some credit)

Had some food from the roma, best chips around

Advertisement