Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of Licencing is required for a Fantasy Sport Application

Options
  • 16-10-2020 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi Guys,

Myself and a few colleagues are in the process of making a new fantasy sports app. Currently, with the application been in development we are looking at the legal side of things before we get too far along to find out this important information.Our main query is around the topic of licencing.

If we were to accept money through the application via a third party client, what sort of licencing would we need.

And also would it be classed as gaming or Gambling? To my understanding, because this app requires both knowledge and skill to make your selections which would remove a major element of chance, which is, again to my limited knowledge of this subject, a defining attribute of gambling. Therefore putting it in the class of gaming.

Thank you for your time and patience and I am looking forward to the replies.
    Any insight to this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    Craig

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Mod
    Suggest you consult a solicitor re the issues raised.
    Leaving open for general discussion subject to forum rules/B]

Advertisement