Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grass cuttings as fertiliser?

Options
  • 16-10-2020 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

So there's a few spots around the site where I dump the grass. The hedges beside these areas seem to be coming on better than the rest.

Are there good fertiliser qualities to grass cuttings for hedges or is it just coincidence that these areas are thriving better?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

BullBauld wrote: »
    So there's a few spots around the site where I dump the grass. The hedges beside these areas seem to be coming on better than the rest.

Are there good fertiliser qualities to grass cuttings for hedges or is it just coincidence that these areas are thriving better?

Maybe acting like a mulch and stopping weeds or grass from competing with the hedges

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Loads of nitrogen and potassium too. The stuff hedges love. I dump grass cutting under my hedge a few times a year.

Advertisement