Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account info

Options
  • 16-10-2020 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I have a current account with BOI. I am having a dispute with my phone company about mobile topups that I did in the past. On my bank account statements it shows as a payment to the phone company but it does not show the phone number that benefitted from the money. Does Bank of Ireland have any way of providing me with information as to what phone number was topped up? I know this is a strange request but the phone company say I only topped up my phone once in nearly five years and are refusing to unlock my phone because of this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Boi wouldn't know that information. Only Vodafone would

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Joemckillen

Boi wouldn't know that information. Only Vodafone would
    Thanks B.A. It's actually Three but the same would apply. I don't see how the bank could have that information but I just would like to hear it from the bank. 

Thanks for your quick reply.
    Joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi Joe,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

Can I just check if these top up's were made using the 'Top Up' function on your 365 online account?

If not, it may not be possible for us to get this information for you. If the transactions were set up as a Direct Debits on your account, we should be able to provide you with the information required to track the payment and this might help the phone company locate your payments easier.

If the payments were taken from your Visa Debit Card, we would be unable to trace the phone number for the transaction.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Joemckillen

Hi Joe,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

Can I just check if these top up's were made using the 'Top Up' function on your 365 online account?

If not, it may not be possible for us to get this information for you. If the transactions were set up as a Direct Debits on your account, we should be able to provide you with the information required to track the payment and this might help the phone company locate your payments easier.

If the payments were taken from your Visa Debit Card, we would be unable to trace the phone number for the transaction.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Aisling
    Thanks Aisling. It was using my Visa debit card so I'm out of luck.

Thanks

Joe

Advertisement