Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road Bike project

Options
  • 16-10-2020 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭

Ok so you want a new road bike.

Money is not an issue.
    What frame would you buy? What groupset ( mechanical or electronic)?
    What brakes? Rim or Disc?
    What wheels? Carbon aero or light climbing wheels?

Discuss..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Lightweights, EPS anyway

Not sold on discs. I'm sure they are great. Just that I have too many rim wheels that I often swap in/out across different bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭MangleBadger

I’m a long way off out growing my current bike since I’ve only really gotten into cycling this year. But when I do upgrade there are 2 options I will want to include.
    1. An integrated cockpit because I like the clean lines with the cables hidden
    2. Electronic groupset because I like technology and it appeals to me.
    Which basically means I’m going to need an expensive bike.

Wouldn't mind this:

529576.jpg

Love the almost 'lugged' detail on the frame.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,577 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Love the almost 'lugged' detail on the frame.
    I'm fairly certain it is actually lugged.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Raam wrote: »
    Not sold on discs. I'm sure they are great. Just that I have too many rim wheels that I often swap in/out across different bikes.

Neither was I until I had to descend a steep hill in the wet, with carbon rim brakes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

I would love that cannondale that EF are running in the giro. It’s a very nice looking bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

A copy of Pogacar's yellow Tour winning Colnago can be yours for around €25k!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr. Cats

I would love that cannondale that EF are running in the giro. It’s a very nice looking bike.

EF do sell some used bikes online

https://efbike.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭8valve

I would quite like Sam Bennett's green S-works Tarmac that he rode on to stage victory in Paris, but he mentioned the team boss has already nicked it for display!

failing that, Battaglin have lovely steel frames which would look very nice with mechanical DA and a decent set of carbon aero wheels.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,577 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

money no object, means custom build all the way.
    have been drooling over this twitter feed and their website for the last 10 minutes.

https://twitter.com/Donardcc

Advertisement