Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Gear game recommendations

• 17-10-2020 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭

Hello

I picked up a game Gear last year along with streets of rage, a friend recapped it and did a good job.

I'm gonna have a play of it this Christmas, just wondering what are your favourite games that you'd recommend?
    TIA
    Omt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Any suggestions?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,747 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Buy a gameboy!

Not a whole lot of great games on it and a lot play better on the master system.

Both Game Gear Shinobi's are absolute belters though.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Buy a gameboy!

Not a whole lot of great games on it and a lot play better on the master system.

Both Game Gear Shinobi's are absolute belters though.

Already have one :)

Interesting I'll look them up see can I get a good price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

I'd also be interested in folks' ideas. I have one stored away but have an emu handheld to do me in the meantime.

Not so many good games on it, at least the ones I played. As retro says, most are better on the MS (and are just ports).

I remember Slider quite fondly. A puzzler in the mold of Chu Chu rocket (but predating it, obvs)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,682 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Wonder boy: The Dragons Trap
    Sonic 2
    Super Off Road
    Road Rash

Some of what I remember from childhood to be good. Still have the game gear. Will check what other games I have that were good.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

I remember ninja gaiden being brilliant, swapping between the ninjas as you go each level

Whether it holds up is a different story.

Actually scratch that, I was getting mixed up with shinobi that somebody already mentioned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Master of Darkness, as Said the shinobi games are very good, Castle of illusion, Defenders of Oasis, Shining Force, Psychic World, The Lucky Dime Caper, Ax Battler, Roadrash, Megaman and Gunstar Heroes aint bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

Sonic 1 and 2 and micro machines 2 were favourites of mine

Thank you all, it's off to ebay for me!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

not sure if you have it , but picking up the Master system to Game gear adaptor is a must!

• Advertisement

Dr Bob wrote: »
    not sure if you have it , but picking up the Master system to Game gear adaptor is a must!

Interesting idea, I may just grab one on ebay!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,747 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Interesting idea, I may just grab one on ebay!

Just be warned, anything with text is unplayable!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Wasn't sure if I should start a new thread by I just dug out 9 Game Gear games I found while moving.
    Was going to make a thread asking if any of them are worth anything above like 3-5 euros just in case there is some sought after goodies among them.
    If there is a better thread to post on, let me know please.
    1. Sonic The Hedgehog 1 (w/ Manual)
    2. Sonic The Hedgehog 2
    3. The GG Shinobi
    4. Columns (w/ Manual)
    5. Galaga
    6. Factory Panic (w/ Manual)
    7. Lemmings (w/ Manual)
    8. PGA Tour Golf 2 (w/ Manual)
    9. Super Monaco GP

Advertisement