Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 6 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

All minus 4s aren't created equally

In what way? I already did my transfer of Podence to Grealish.

I'm now debating if it's worth a -4 for Jimmy to Kane. I didn't need to sell both for funds etc. So I'm treating them as seperate transfers and not combined scores.

Alternatively I can just wait next week and do Jimmy to Kane for no hit. So I'm wondering is does Kane(-4) outscore Jimmy in a 1 week shootout.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

I'm now debating if it's worth a -4 for Jimmy to Kane. I didn't need to sell both for funds etc. So I'm treating them as seperate transfers and not combined scores.

Alternatively I can just wait next week and do Jimmy to Kane for no hit. So I'm wondering is does Kane(-4) outscore Jimmy in a 1 week shootout.

Kane away to Burnley vs Jimmy at home to Newcastle.

tbh, i'm not seeing the benefit of home games at the moment....all games may as well be at neutral venues now there are no fans.

so Spurs scoring for fun vs Wolves struggling to score. I'd say Kane outscores Jimmy. (que Jimmy to get a hattrick now :rolleyes: )

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Don't have the stats to hand but Newcastle conceded a huge amount of shots against United and have been doing this consistently for a few games.

Fwiw....I have Jiminez and Kane atm and am considering Jiminez to Agueroooo.

The other option is Zaha to Son but not keen on a double up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Don't have the stats to hand but Newcastle conceded a huge amount of shots against United and have been doing this consistently for a few games.

28 shots V United
    23 shots V Spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

daheff wrote: »
    Kane away to Burnley vs Jimmy at home to Newcastle.

tbh, i'm not seeing the benefit of home games at the moment....all games may as well be at neutral venues now there are no fans.

so Spurs scoring for fun vs Wolves struggling to score. I'd say Kane outscores Jimmy. (que Jimmy to get a hattrick now :rolleyes: )

Can't remember the game, but there was some chat that the grass wasn't cut so harder to move the ball around - i suppose it's those little things that give the home team advantage - or turning the sprinklers on at half time etc.

When considering a -4, also need to take account of prices rises/falls - like you could wait till next week but might cost you 0.1m more - or in turn the move might not be possible next week etc.

• Advertisement

O right my bad well if its as straight a decision as that I guess it'll depend on who you are going to captain, if its kane then it could well be worth the - 4 if not its probably close enough.

Kane for me looks back to his best form of 3 years ago and will be a season keeper for me most likely u got him in last week as part of a minus 4 but mine was mainly down to a Debryune injury.

Can see him being highly captained the next few weeks so I guess the sooner the better is safest

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

O right my bad well if its as straight a decision as that I guess it'll depend on who you are going to captain, if its kane then it could well be worth the - 4 if not its probably close enough.

Kane for me looks back to his best form of 3 years ago and will be a season keeper for me most likely u got him in last week as part of a minus 4 but mine was mainly down to a Debryune injury.

Can see him being highly captained the next few weeks so I guess the sooner the better is safest

No worries! I won't be captaining him anyway. I'll be going with Salah. I think i'll end up taking the hit and bringing him in. At the very least it's cover if he blanks.

Edit: Looks like i'll be making the move today with the price changes. Pray for no injury on Thursday

Think a -4 for me this week...

Reece James/Podence out
    Konsa/James Rodriguez in

Leaves my starting XI probably a bit too reliant on a few teams, but they're teams with the nicest fixtures.
    • 3 Liverpool (Salah, TAA, Robertson)
    • 2 Everton (DCL, Rodriguez)
    • 2 Spurs (Son, Kane)
    • 2 Villa (Grealish, Konsa)
    • Guaita and Lamptey

Plan B would be to keep Podence and get Chilwell instead for Reece James.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 250 ✭✭SeamusAFA

WILDCARD

Martinez McCarthy
    Robertson, Bellerin, Lamptey, Mitchell, KWP
    Salah, Mane, Son, Barkley, Mandy
    DCL, Werner, Brewster.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Cartman78 wrote: »

Newcastle this season.

Most shots conceded.
    Most shots on target conceded.
    Most shots from set pieces conceded.
    3rd worst minutes per expected goal conceded.

Wouldn't be keen on any immediate defensive turnaround.

• Advertisement

WD_Raceway wrote: »
    WILDCARD

Martinez McCarthy
    DCL, Werner, Brewster.

Thoughts?

Who's Mandy? What formation are ya planning on playing? Bellerin is the only one I wouldn't be keen on. Are ya really gonna play McCarthy anytime soon? Get in a 4.0 for him and upgrade Bellerin to Saiss or Mitchell to Balbuena?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Going to try bank after the wildcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭notdarkyet

I think it's brave to go without Kane.

WILDCARD

Martinez McCarthy
    DCL, Werner, Brewster.

Thoughts?
    notdarkyet wrote: »
    I think it's brave to go without Kane.

Brave or stubborn,

After 5 GW's.

Salah and Mane cost 24.2m and between them have 79 points
    Kane + Son cost 20m, and have 118 points

I don't think Salah/Mane combo is worth it at all, It's usually one or the other that will get a double digit score - do they ever get them in the same match? Whereas Kane/Son both have had 3 double digit scores in the same match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

I'm betting that the Mane/Salah combo works for the next 2 home games v SHU WHU

jay0109 wrote: »
    I'm betting that the Mane/Salah combo works for the next 2 home games v SHU WHU

So you think Salah/Mane outscore Son/Kane + 4m invested elsewhere over the next 2 games?, the lad i replied to is on a WC so can make that 4m+ work to his advantage.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Brave or stubborn,

After 5 GW's.

I don't think Salah/Mane combo is worth it at all, It's usually one or the other that will get a double digit score - do they ever get them in the same match? Whereas Kane/Son both have had 3 double digit scores in the same match.

Looking at this with your advice

Martinez McCarthy
    Robertson, Digne, Lamptey, Mitchell, KWP
    JRod, Mane, Son, Barkley, Mendy
    Kane, Werner, Brewster.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭notdarkyet

Martinez McCarthy
    Kane, Werner, Brewster.

That looks very strong

I had treble liv defence if wondering why wildcarding now LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

So you think Salah/Mane outscore Son/Kane + 4m invested elsewhere over the next 2 games?, the lad i replied to is on a WC so can make that 4m+ work to his advantage.

I have all 4 now

• Advertisement

jay0109 wrote: »
    I have all 4 now

that doesn't answer the question though :)

Martinez McCarthy
    Kane, Werner, Brewster.

Looks strong, personally i'd probably keep DCL and upgrade Mendy or Brewster. With the lack of CS this season playing 3 at the back is probably better, but that means you have to play one of Mendy and Brewster every week - and while Brewster may comes good - how long you are prepared to play him each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

WILDCARD

Martinez McCarthy
    DCL, Werner, Brewster.

Thoughts?

As others have advised similarly, I'd have:

DCL/Watkins over Werner/Brewster
    Adams or Bamford instead of Watkins.
    Or even DCL/Maupay if you downgraded a GK to a 4m.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Brave or stubborn,

After 5 GW's.

Fair point on Salah / Mane... however we might be seeing the Liverpool of 2/3 years ago!

Both could end up doing a lot more together!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I feel like I’m not going to bring in Kane, largely because I have such strong captaincy plans for the next 3 weeks, and after that his fixtures get horrible.

I think I will bank the transfer this week, and let TAA and Jimenez play in some really good fixtures with the knowledge that if they don’t perform and Kane does destroy Salah on Monday, I may have to move them on in a desperate ploy to have him as captain against Brighton.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Did Doherty & Traore to Saiss & Grealish for a -4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Might do a real glamour move

Burke out for Dale Stephens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

shineon23 wrote: »
    Might do a real glamour move

Burke out for Dale Stephens

He didn’t start at the weekend FYI

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

Vardy out Kane in, feck it love Vardy but Kane is on fire and the fixtures are good. Leicester have hard fixtures for the next month and juggling Europa.

Was gonna leave until Friday but looks like price drop Vardy and price rise Kane are coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

He didn’t start at the weekend FYI

Well then it's a glamorous bank for me I think.

Thanking you.

Advertisement