Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 6 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

He didn’t start at the weekend FYI

Dunno if can read to much into that, given that they just bought him - probably best and wait to see if he starts the next game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

TAA and Ricky -> Kane and Kilman

Still own Robbo so took a gamble on which one too lose and went with the higher ownership.......

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Darksoul

What would people do stick with Jorginho or swap for Bruno. I have enough to do it but don't know if it's worth minus 4 with the next few fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Darksoul wrote: »
    What would people do stick with Jorginho or swap for Bruno. I have enough to do it but don't know if it's worth minus 4 with the next few fixtures.

I like this question, no ones talking about Bruno! A -4 could be worth it this week. Chelsea are easily capable of conceding 2+.
    Longer term I want Bruno back on my team after getting rid of him on my wildcard. He’s on 31 points after 4 games in a team way off the pace. I don’t buy into the luck and penalties argument. I love his attitude, he’s a born winner and will be up amongst the top fpl scorers at the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Dunno if can read to much into that, given that they just bought him - probably best and wait to see if he starts the next game though.
    Didn't Burnley do the same thing for the past few years tho, bought Drinkwater and left him on the bench for months.

It's not like Stephens is gonna rocket in price, take your time and wait for him to establish himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Oh he could become a regular and is in my squad. I was merely pointing it out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

shmeee wrote: »
    TAA and Ricky -> Kane and Kilman

Still own Robbo so took a gamble on which one too lose and went with the higher ownership.......

Same 2 in and TAA & Wilson out. Still have Davies at the back and need to swap him rapidly. Not sure it’s worth another hit tho

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    I like this question, no ones talking about Bruno! A -4 could be worth it this week. Chelsea are easily capable of conceding 2+.
    Longer term I want Bruno back on my team after getting rid of him on my wildcard. He’s on 31 points after 4 games in a team way off the pace. I don’t buy into the luck and penalties argument. I love his attitude, he’s a born winner and will be up amongst the top fpl scorers at the end of the season.

Whatever about luck, he most definitely is not a 10.5m player without the pens & the rate at which United get them.

Would of been really interesting to see if he never got the chance to retake last night

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Whatever about luck, he most definitely is not a 10.5m player without the pens & the rate at which United get them.
    He got 5 goals and 8 assists last year excluding penalties in 14 games. Extrapolate that to a full season and it's 13 goals and 22 assists. That's more non-penalty goals than KDB got last year. So he's definitely a 10.5 player without penalties.

Add on the extra for penalties (14 last season), taper it down to a more realistic 8/9 and you're in Salah territory. So arguably you're getting a 12m player for 10.5

Shedite27 wrote: »
    He got 5 goals and 8 assists last year excluding penalties in 14 games. Extrapolate that to a full season and it's 13 goals and 22 assists. That's more non-penalty goals than KDB got last year. So he's definitely a 10.5 player without penalties.

Add on the extra for penalties (14 last season), taper it down to a more realistic 8/9 and you're in Salah territory. So arguably you're getting a 12m player for 10.5

You can't really just extrapolate that to a full season though - it would be like saying that DCL and Son are going to have 50+ goals by end of this season based on 5 games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Chesty08 wrote: »

Would of been really interesting to see if he never got the chance to retake last night

Shedite27 echoes my thought here. Also he’s a bps magnet too similar to jimi and ings he seems to get bps anytime he scores.
    Im surprised his 10.5 price tag is seen as too expensive although I can understand not having him as there’s so many good options this year so far.

You can't really just extrapolate that to a full season though - it would be like saying that DCL and Son are going to have 50+ goals by end of this season based on 5 games.
    True, but 14 games last season plus 5 this year where he's at a similar rate, is a lot bigger sample size than DCL/Son.
    joeyboy11 wrote: »
    Shedite27 echoes my thought here. Also he’s a bps magnet too similar to jimi and ings he seems to get bps anytime he scores.
    Im surprised his 10.5 price tag is seen as too expensive although I can understand not having him as there’s so many good options this year so far.

I'm really trying to show that the "all his goals come from penalties" myth is way overblown. He's had 11 penalties since he came to United, but only 6 were in the league, so his league stats without penalties stand on their own.

True, but 14 games last season plus 5 this year where he's at a similar rate, is a lot bigger sample size than DCL/Son.

I'm really trying to show that the "all his goals come from penalties" myth is way overblown. He's had 11 penalties since he came to United, but only 6 were in the league, so his league stats without penalties stand on their own.

If he didn't take penalties, would he be worth 10.5m?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Also worth pointing out his positional change in the last 2 games since Martial was suspended. He's playing in a more advanced role for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

I think this a fair question, and I'd value him around the same as Son at 9m if he wasn't on penalties. Still fancy him to outpoint Son by GW38.

However, as he is, and with the myth that United get SO MANY penalties, I think the extra 1.5m is worth it. They will probably get 10-12 pens this season approx.

That being said he isn't in my team currently. Kane/Son/Salah/Robbo hoovering up enough of my budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I think this a fair question, and I'd value him around the same as Son at 9m if he wasn't on penalties. Still fancy him to outpoint Son by GW38.

But he should be expected to outscore Son? He's 1.5M more expensive and on penalties.

But he should be expected to outscore Son? He's 1.5M more expensive and on penalties.

Yes he should be. But the question was what if he wasn't on penalties. If he wasn't, I don't think he would outscore Son.

I think one of the main talkings of points of Bruno /Son being missed is consistency V ceiling.

I would consider Son to have a much higher ceiling in terms of points in a game week, bruno would probably be a bit more consistent over a couple games but again to me that's penalties dependent.

Son next 3:

Burnley(A)
    Brighton(H)
    West Brom(A)

Bruno next 3:
    Chelsea(H)
    Arsenal(H)
    Everton(A)

I think it's a no brainer for Son over the next couple of games anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,267 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Taking a hit to get Kane in but don't want to pull the trigger until after CL/EL games. VVD out to raise funds but price changes are killing me. A .4 swing already :mad:

i sometimes feel that people lose sight of price tags, and are happy once a player scores big regardless of what they cost. Can't remember the poster but one thought I was mad keeping TAA at 7.5m, who i reckoned at the time would get around 200 points, but the same poster felt happy to keep PEA and was aiming for 200 point return - the fact that he was 4.5m was irrelevant.

I'd say there are very few people (myself include), that put a figure on number of points they want per player in a game or a number of games. It's lot easier to do when it's say Jimenez v Ings and both priced the same. If i get 70+ points a week i'd be a happy but it could be masking serious issues in the team, or mean keeping players longer then the stats/returns are showing.

Given that Bruno is 10.5m, and on penalties - how many points more should one be expecting from him, in comparison to say Son?

Rashford is 9.5m, Greenwood 7.5, Martial 9.5m, Cavaini 8.0m - there is a lot of fire power at United, and Bruno at 10.5m seem just a little expensive. Now you could argue that with that fire power it increases chances of penalties.

• Advertisement

gammygils wrote: »
    Taking a hit to get Kane in but don't want to pull the trigger until after CL/EL games. VVD out to raise funds but price changes are killing me. A .4 swing already :mad:

Kane already played?
    Unless you're worried incase you need to use the transfer elsewhere?

Kane already played?
    Unless you're worried incase you need to use the transfer elsewhere?

Spurs play LASK tomorrow night. Wouldn't expect Kane to start though. Possibly Vinicius.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Exactly!

Spurs play LASK tomorrow night. Wouldn't expect Kane to start though. Possibly Vinicius.

Oh sh1t my bad I thought they had played then I realized in the update Europe thread I was looking at old games!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

However, as he is, and with the myth that United get SO MANY penalties, I think the extra 1.5m is worth it.

How is it in anyway a myth, its a pretty indisputable fact, the only question mark that remains open is why.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

Pogue eile wrote: »
    How is it in anyway a myth, its a pretty indisputable fact, the only question mark that remains open is why.

Man Utd have got a penalty in each of their last 5 games (83% of games this season)

They also got one in each of their last 3 games last season (1 PL, 2 EL)

So, I suppose technically 'always' is a myth, but to get one in 8 out of 9 games is some going!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Benimar wrote: »
    Man Utd have got a penalty in each of their last 5 games (83% of games this season)

They also got one in each of their last 3 games last season (1 PL, 2 EL)

So, I suppose technically 'always' is a myth, but to get one in 8 out of 9 games is some going!

:)
    It would be interesting to hear some thoughts on why though. All I got is that Rashford, Martial and Greenwood are fecking fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Thinking Ings -> Mitrovic for a two week punt before Antonio comes in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Dearg81 wrote: »
    :)
    It would be interesting to hear some thoughts on why though. All I got is that Rashford, Martial and Greenwood are fecking fast!

Well without derailing a thread I think it is a relevant question to answer if we are trying to establish if it is sustainable or simply an anomaly which is a key consideration as to whether Bruno is value or not.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure why we're even discussing this, because he does take penalties, but his form since coming to United of 18 games, 6 goals and 10 assists, double that for a full season and he's a 12 goals and 20 assists man.

So to remove penalties and put that on a scale:
    12.5 - KDB - 11 goals; 23 assists
    10.5 - Bruno - 12 goals; 20 assists
    9.0 - Son - 11 goals; 13 assists

And THEN you add on the 5-10 penalties he'll get for United.

Now I'm questioning why I have KDB and Son :confused:

Advertisement