Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 6 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

Dearg81 wrote: »
    :)
    It would be interesting to hear some thoughts on why though. All I got is that Rashford, Martial and Greenwood are fecking fast!

I saw Brian Kerr talking about the topic in the break in last nights game where there was another penalty given to Man Utd and he made a good point about their aim to spend a good proportion of every game in the attacking third of the pitch. Who ever it is that gets fouled it is part of their game plan to have players frequently attacking in the opposition penalty area and this just means the opposition defenders have more opportunity in a game to give away a penalty by fowling a Man Utd player. I think I will bring in Fernandes for Havertz next week and did this weeks transfers with leaving enough funds for this move in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I'm not sure why we're even discussing this, because he does take penalties, but his form since coming to United of 18 games, 6 goals and 10 assists, double that for a full season and he's a 12 goals and 20 assists man.

So to remove penalties and put that on a scale:
    12.5 - KDB - 11 goals; 23 assists
    10.5 - Bruno - 12 goals; 20 assists
    9.0 - Son - 11 goals; 13 assists

And THEN you add on the 5-10 penalties he'll get for United.

Now I'm questioning why I have KDB and Son :confused:

You're assuming his 18 games consistency will be the equivalent for a full season and have no drop off. KDB and Son are known reliables.

The simple facts are as follows:

Son 9.0 6 games - 58 points
    Bruno 10.5 5 games - 31 points
    KDB 11.5 3 games - 17 points

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭505_

Bruno has scored well considering Utd did not start great. They did look good last night however.

I'm considering Trent & James Rodriguez to Bruno and a <5.0 defender. Any thoughts on that? I have DCL for Everton cover. Getting rid of Trent before Sheffield Utd at home a risk but he's not getting attacking returns and VVD a big loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I'm not sure why we're even discussing this, because he does take penalties, but his form since coming to United of 18 games, 6 goals and 10 assists, double that for a full season and he's a 12 goals and 20 assists man.

So to remove penalties and put that on a scale:
    12.5 - KDB - 11 goals; 23 assists
    10.5 - Bruno - 12 goals; 20 assists
    9.0 - Son - 11 goals; 13 assists

And THEN you add on the 5-10 penalties he'll get for United.

Now I'm questioning why I have KDB and Son :confused:

As has been stated already, you can’t extrapolate Fernandes’ figures over a full season like that.

Who knows how he’ll do over a full season as form comes into play.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Green&Red wrote:
    Thinking Ings -> Mitrovic for a two week punt before Antonio comes in

As a Mitrovic owner I'd strongly advise against, Fulham are very poor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

505_ wrote: »
    Bruno has scored well considering Utd did not start great. They did look good last night however.

I'm considering Trent & James Rodriguez to Bruno and a <5.0 defender. Any thoughts on that? I have DCL for Everton cover. Getting rid of Trent before Sheffield Utd at home a risk but he's not getting attacking returns and VVD a big loss.

Is that for a hit or two free transfers? Is there any other midfielders you could sacrifice?

I’ll be in a similar position next week.. considering Robbo and pulisic to Bruno and a 5.5 def when I have 2 free transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭505_

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    Is that for a hit or two free transfers? Is there any other midfielders you could sacrifice?

I’ll be in a similar position next week.. considering Robbo and pulisic to Bruno and a 5.5 def when I have 2 free transfers.

Two free transfers. Other mids are Salah, Son, Grealish and Soucek. So I could only really do Grealish instead but want to keep him for what looks like a good run of fixtures.

Robbo is a tougher choice to get rid when he's been getting attacking returns. I'm fairly set on Bruno though I think. Watched him against Newcastle wasn't playing well and he still had a goal, assist and had another goal ruled out for an offside.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

As a Mitrovic owner I'd strongly advise against, Fulham are very poor

It’s a two week punt. If he’d scored the penalty last weekend would you be happy enough with how he’s done for you?

Green&Red wrote:
    It’s a two week punt. If he’d scored the penalty last weekend would you be happy enough with how he’s done for you?

Dunno, just think its more Fulham are terrible really. Why sell Ings as well? Started better than him

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Dunno, just think its more Fulham are terrible really. Why sell Ings as well? Started better than him

I need cash to fund one of Werner, Kane or Son. I figure I’m ditching Ings for Antonio anyway, just do it a bit earlier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Green&Red wrote: »
    Green&Red wrote: »
    I need cash to fund one of Werner, Kane or Son. I figure I’m ditching Ings for Antonio anyway, just do it a bit earlier

Would you consider Watkins instead. I would be like Dr. Fulham are just terrible, whereas Villa are flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

As has been stated already, you can’t extrapolate Fernandes’ figures over a full season like that.

Who knows how he’ll do over a full season as form comes into play.
    Well then divide the Son/KDB figures in half if you’re anti-extrapolating, the point is since he’s come to the league, his non-penalty performance has been at prime KDB level.

You’re right, if he’d the track record and done that for 3 years he’d be 12m.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

505_ wrote: »
    Two free transfers. Other mids are Salah, Son, Grealish and Soucek. So I could only really do Grealish instead but want to keep him for what looks like a good run of fixtures.

Robbo is a tougher choice to get rid when he's been getting attacking returns. I'm fairly set on Bruno though I think. Watched him against Newcastle wasn't playing well and he still had a goal, assist and had another goal ruled out for an offside.

I have the same midfield except pulisic for Soucek. Makes my decision (Bruno for pulisic) easy as pulisic was abit of a panic buy on wildcard and don’t really want him with frank playing him on the right!! Also don’t want to sell grealish or hamez anytime soon.

As bad as Trents form has been he probably has the best fixture possible from a clean sheet perspective. You have a tricky decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Anyone looking at Lookman?

I've had Klich doing nada in my team for a few weeks so half thinking of giving Lookman a lash and save myself 0.6m.

I could go to Mahrez or Foden as well but not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

Cartman78 wrote: »

I've had Klich doing nada in my team for a few weeks so half thinking of giving Lookman a lash and save myself 0.6m.

He looked to be a very good player in the clips on Match of the Day last weekend but then Fulham are not very good so I went for March as the cheap player to allow me bring in Kane this week. McGinn also looks to be in good form but then I would have been priced out of Haverz to Fernandes next week if Fernandes goes up in price. Don't fancy Newcastle to do much in their next couple of games but Saint-Maximin is now down to 5.3mill so I will be considering upgrading March to him in the next few weeks if I have the spare .3mill.

Cartman78 wrote: »

Any risk that Torres lad gets more game time?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

hamez gone red with a knock

• Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

hamez gone red with a knock

Disaster. 4pt hit incoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Darksoul

Disaster. 4pt hit incoming.
    Would it be wise to take a hit -4 to Fernandez ?

Why are so many getting rid of JamRod? Only missing one game, defo not worth a hit to sell imo

• Advertisement

Why are so many getting rid of JamRod? Only missing one game, defo not worth a hit to sell imo

Correct, definitely if you’ve any value built up

Think a -4 for me this week...

Reece James/Podence out
    Konsa/James Rodriguez in

Plan B would be to keep Podence and get Chilwell instead for Reece James.
    Thankfully have been patient on this, think I’ll still get Konsa, builds up a little ear chest to get KDB or James Rodrigues next week.

Might be a message from the gods with a Podence haul next against Newcastle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

£1.0 ITB

Holding out for either:

- Reguilon
    - Semedo
    - Lamptey
    - Targett/Konsa

Reguilon seems the pick for the next 3. Really juicy fixtures and i do think `spurs have a couple of cleanies in them.

That would probably mean almost certainly committing to a WC on GW9 though as I'd have 3 Spurs and their fixtures turn. Also already have TAA and Robbo so a lot of money tied up in defence.

Lamptey seems a nice pick for a great fixture this week and also cheap/good enough to own long term. Leaning towards Lamptey

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

ear chest

This game me a chuckle as I assume it was a typo for War chest :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Definitely one game?

Isn't it for situations like this - that we are suppose to have a bench right?

Morzadec wrote: »
    £1.0 ITB

Holding out for either:

- Reguilon
    - Semedo
    - Lamptey
    - Targett/Konsa

Reguilon seems the pick for the next 3. Really juicy fixtures and i do think `spurs have a couple of cleanies in them.

That would probably mean almost certainly committing to a WC on GW9 though as I'd have 3 Spurs and their fixtures turn. Also already have TAA and Robbo so a lot of money tied up in defence.

Lamptey seems a nice pick for a great fixture this week and also cheap/good enough to own long term. Leaning towards Lamptey
    The Spurs to City move in GW9/10 is fairly juicy

Next 3 Spurs have a lovely run while city have tough games:
    Spurs V bur, BRI, wha
    City V whu shu LIV

They then play each other (at Spurs) and the fixtures turn out of that the next 6:
    Spurs V che ARS cry liv LEI wol
    City V BUR FUL mun WBA sou NEW

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'm thinking Mason Greenwood...

Probably gonna wildcard next week or the week after, to tidy everything up!

Or any standout midfielder for 7.6 I'm missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I'm thinking Mason Greenwood...

Probably gonna wildcard next week or the week after, to tidy everything up!

Or any standout midfielder for 7.6 I'm missing?

Rumours of Greenwood being late to training and píssing OGS off, don't think a whole lot about it but hasn't been in the matchday squad for 2 games now. v Newcastle or PSG.

He won't start v Chelsea and might get 15/20 if in the squad.

Zaha or Grealish be a better 1 week punt if WC'ing next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Rumours of Greenwood being late to training and píssing OGS off, don't think a whole lot about it but hasn't been in the matchday squad for 2 games now. v Newcastle or PSG.

He won't start v Chelsea and might get 15/20 if in the squad.

Zaha or Grealish be a better 1 week punt if WC'ing next week.

Oooooor he makes a dramatic return against Frankie's Chelsea? Especially after the timing of that article?

If Martial wasn't suspended then I'd see him as bench at best. But if Newcastle and PSG were punishment then he's maybe due back!

This is definitely a Prodston Punt vibes situation rather than anything concrete I'll admit :pac:

Otherwise I play Soucek against City and enjoy that mayhem...

Advertisement