Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone managed to Pre Order an iPhone 12 online from Vodafone?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Kaleb2015 wrote: »
    I did notice that myself with the contracts, the price changed for you too? I am talking to someone right now who is saying that if it was €549.99 for the 12 pro 256gb then it was a glitch with the website. Even though the person i was talking to before him said there where no issues with the website.

I left VF a few months ago but was going back. I was able to get the 12 Pro 128 and it was coming in at 449. There was 100 off for switching to VF.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,015 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Not specifically to do with the iPhone12 but I know I’m not due an upgrade yet but I do from time to time just log in and check because you never know. And now when I click check for upgrade I get sent to the bill pay phones. It’s always gone to a page that says, yes or no you on a upgrade. It seems that the Vodafone website as a whole is in a heap.

I’ll be interested to see if you get an iPhone 12 Dades.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

The app keeps telling me it cannot calculate the value in my basket. It’s crap

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

The app keeps telling me it cannot calculate the value in my basket. It’s crap

1800595595 is the sales team number, you'll have more success.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭ablelocks

the vodafone website is complete muck - I couldn't order a sim a few months back in the middle of lockdown. Now every time i call them (due to coverage issues, at least twice a month) the first thing i hear is do i want to activate the sim that i didn't get to order

anyway, I saw the iphone 12 as an upgrade for €49 (but on the €60 a month plan) on Sunday, but today it's €249.

It's €49 on the €80 a month plan

I'm hoping there'll be similar **** ups when the 12promax is available...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Ya it goes via upgrade alright but I think it’s either not available to order until Friday 23rd oct or later in Nov. The bigger iphone 12’s you could pre-order.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭scunermac

For anyone that did actually manage to get an order placed with Vodafone, have you gotten any shipment notices? I did on Monday but the tracking number looks incorrect so can’t track it with An Post.
    Just wondering if we’re likely to have the phone on Friday.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Same. Tracking number doesn't work.

I'm thinking it's because it's a pre-order that can't be out for delivery yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭atlantean

I reckon it will be an iPhone 13 that I’ll end up pre-ordering!

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Ludikrus

scunermac wrote: »
    For anyone that did actually manage to get an order placed with Vodafone, have you gotten any shipment notices? I did on Monday but the tracking number looks incorrect so can’t track it with An Post.
    Just wondering if we’re likely to have the phone on Friday.

I didn't even get an email confirmation of my order!

• Advertisement

Anyone get any tracking info yet? Still nothing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

Anyone get any tracking info yet? Still nothing for me.

Nothing here

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

Friend of mine had placed the order. Rang today for delivery date and they told him the website gave him the wrong price he was asked to cancel his order and place another one !!!! He refused as the transaction had gone through and wants to take it further as its paid for now on the wrong (cheaper!) price!!!

Ya-Boy-Ya wrote: »
    Friend of mine had placed the order. Rang today for delivery date and they told him the website gave him the wrong price he was asked to cancel his order and place another one !!!! He refused as the transaction had gone through and wants to take it further as its paid for now on the wrong (cheaper!) price!!!

That’s unbelievable! They have to sell at the price advertised!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

This is the same problem with their fcuking shi*e website every fcuking year when an iPhone is released. I remember the same problem with it crashing/order not going through and having to ring them to place the order. This was months after the phone been released too.

Mine just arrived!

Sitting on my desk have to drop the kids to school....

Dades wrote: »
    Mine just arrived!

Happy Days! So they do exist ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 106racehill

Mine just arrived!

Is it a courier or an post ? Thanks 😊

Postman. Delivered that and something from Amazon about 8:15.

Case won't arrive till Monday. Squeaky bum till then. :p

Mine appears to be stuck in the An Post hub. Only reached there last night and the postman has come and gone with no sign of the phone. Won’t be delivered now until Tuesday. Frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭breeno

These are sold out on Vodafone online. Would a shop have any today or is that wishful thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 106racehill

Last q did u order urs first day ? Didn’t order mine till 18th ?

Mine appears to be stuck in the An Post hub. Only reached there last night and the postman has come and gone with no sign of the phone. Won’t be delivered now until Tuesday. Frustrating.

Could be worse....

I never managed to order one — I got pushed around from one advisor to another but still couldn’t order one!

I was told I’d get a call back from sales — it didn’t happen!

At this rate it will be 2021 before I can get one.

breeno wrote: »
    These are sold out on Vodafone online. Would a shop have any today or is that wishful thinking?

When I was buying my iPhone XS 256 they didn’t have any online. They rang me to say that they could reserve one in a shop. I was on a bus at the time that was going through Blackrock — they organised for me to get one there. I hopped off the bus and had my phone in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

No problem. You can test out the new ceramic glass over the weekend anreport back.

Also don't forget Monday's a bank holiday.

Enjoy your new phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭breeno

atlantean wrote: »
    When I was buying my iPhone XS 256 they didn’t have any online. They rang me to say that they could reserve one in a shop. I was on a bus at the time that was going through Blackrock — they organised for me to get one there. I hopped off the bus and had my phone in no time.

Rang a Vodafone store and they said they're only open for 'emergencies' and new contracts and upgrades are online only for level 5 unfortunately. Will keep trying the site for a few days and see if any come in.

breeno wrote: »
    Rang a Vodafone store and they said they're only open for 'emergencies' and new contracts and upgrades are online only for level 5 unfortunately. Will keep trying the site for a few days and see if any come in.

I thought that might be the case at the moment. :(

You’d think though that Vodafone would have a working online system though. They have admitted to me via Twitter that there is a problem with their website.

Last q did u order urs first day ? Didn’t order mine till 18th ?
    Ordered last Saturday night I think. I was drinking and so was the Vodafone website it seems.
    murpho999 wrote: »
    No problem. You can test out the new ceramic glass over the weekend anreport back.

Also don't forget Monday's a bank holiday.

Enjoy your new phone.
    :D

Damnit I forgot about the holiday.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

I ordered on the day the pre orders started and it went through. I tried registering my account online but the 6 digit code never arrived. Did this multiple times and the codes all arrived randomly over the next few days. I then got an email to say my order had been cancelled and to go to a store. I tried ordering again anyway just in case. Same crap again. Took my money both times and then cancelled the order. Went to Carphonewarehouse to pre order last Sunday instead. No sign of those phones arriving either today so I now have €798 waiting to be refunded from Vodafone and another €50 pre order with CPW and not a phone in sight. I hate going back to Vodafone as they are the worse for customer service and their website is a shocking piece of crap but their coverage is by far the best which is more important.

• Advertisement

LFCFan wrote: »
    I ordered on the day the pre orders started and it went through. I tried registering my account online but the 6 digit code never arrived. Did this multiple times and the codes all arrived randomly over the next few days. I then got an email to say my order had been cancelled and to go to a store. I tried ordering again anyway just in case. Same crap again. Took my money both times and then cancelled the order. Went to Carphonewarehouse to pre order last Sunday instead. No sign of those phones arriving either today so I now have €798 waiting to be refunded from Vodafone and another €50 pre order with CPW and not a phone in sight. I hate going back to Vodafone as they are the worse for customer service and their website is a shocking piece of crap but their coverage is by far the best which is more important.

That’s an awful lot of money to be owed and still not have a phone!

Their entire online system is a total disaster — it’s not rocket science these days to do online sales.

Advertisement