Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C4 Gaming workstation chair

Options
  • 17-10-2020 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭

Im looking at buying a C4 gaming workstation chair https://imperatorworks.com/index.php/iw-c4 by imperatorworks or ingrem Problem is the chair weighs a whopping 120kg net weight and 170kg gross weight would an upstairs bedroom an attic conversion be able to hold that weight :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

That looks like a horrendous waste of money, the weight of it should be the least of your concerns :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 22,423 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Where do you put the bucket?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Why in dafuq would you buy that over a desk?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

The Building Regulations & Legislation forum might know weight limits for attic conversions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Looks like them droids out of star wars.

Also looks terrible.

Your nuts OP

If you really want one I will build you one for half the price xD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Add another $500 for shipping that weight from Las Vegas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Nice to see everyone answering questions that’s weren’t asked. If the op wants it, that’s it. No need to ruin the purchase for him.

Op, 120kg is the equivalent of a very large man (circa 18stone) so I doubt an attic conversion would have any issues holding this weight, unless it was done by Bob the Builder.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

IrishZeus wrote: »
    Nice to see everyone answering questions that’s weren’t asked. If the op wants it, that’s it. No need to ruin the purchase for him.

Its better than helping him waste 3-4k tbh, id welcome that kind of feedback if i was gonna make a mega purchase like that.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I've seen kinds of chairs before. From what I remember other ones could support more monitors and had other features for similar price. Might be worth checking out the competition before settling on that one.

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote: »
    Add another $500 for shipping that weight from Las Vegas

There would also be importing/VAT charges as well since its non EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

And the embarrassment tax as well if anyone catches you using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'd love one of them. They look super comfortable and would suit both gaming and work. I'd buy one if I had the money. And the looks of all of these kinds of workstations I've seen are similar. None of them will win any beauty awards.

I would look at your other options though, and maybe something a bit closer to home to reduce the import/delivery costs.

Advertisement