Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12v GSM feed for electric gates

Options
  • 17-10-2020 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi All
    Looking for some help , have an electric gate that activates with fob and a gsm module , recently the GSM module has given up the ghost, bought an RTU5024 but not sure where to get the 12v + and - feed from? You can see from images that the orange and orange /white wire power the current gsm module but they don’t work with the RTU, have tested the RTU with 12v and works fine - anyone know where in this mess of wires to draw the feed for the new RTU? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭ShanE90

Your existing dialler is powered up on the accessories outlet of the pcb usually used for photocells which are 12/24V AC, your new dialler requires 12/24V DC, I suggest you use an independent 12VDC psu this will power the dialler itself

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭shooter69

ShanE90 wrote: »
    Your existing dialler is powered up on the accessories outlet of the pcb usually used for photocells which are 12/24V AC, your new dialler requires 12/24V DC, I suggest you use an independent 12VDC psu this will power the dialler itself

Thanks for the info ShanE90, is it an easy job to connect a 12V dc psu to the V2 box? There’s limited space so if you can advise a way I’d be very grateful ðŸ‘

Advertisement