Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skx

• 17-10-2020 5:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

Came across an skx007 this morning on eBay. Seller was in Ireland. Any one on here by any chance?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

It would help if you threw up a link :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

Can't find it since!!!
    Must ask my grandkids to help lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭dakar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

No not that one. Thanks for looking. Why does it show a seiko5 tag? Skx is not a 5 varient or is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

GBP290 is just silly. I've paid a lot less for any of my turtles, which are far superior watches.

But I guess there is no stopping the hype of low end automatic Seiko divers on eBay...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭saccades

No not that one. Thanks for looking. Why does it show a seiko5 tag? Skx is not a 5 varient or is it?

Skx covers a lot of watches, from the 001 through to 173 (probably higher numbers but probably not 173 sequentially. I've never thought about it tbh).

The main (professional) diver workhorse from Seiko for ages is the skx007. This has been discontinued apart from some special editions (I think, it's a bit vague from Seiko). Other divers have arrived but costs have increased quite sharply in the last 5 years.

The new watch that is being pushed as the skx007 replacement is the SRPD series. This is a "5" series watch. A 5 series is basically a decent quality entry watch (used to mean a bit more, but not for a long time).

The new ones look superficially similar (similar dial etc) but they do not meet the specs for a "divers" watch.

Seiko have seen the recent trends and have pushed prices up across the board.

Advertisement