Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storage heater not connected to night rate?

Options
  • 19-10-2020 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

I've just moved into an apartment (rented) and the storage heater in the kitchen doesn't heat up at night like it's supposed to.

There is only one cable coming out of it, and it's plugged into a regular old socket. There doesn't seem to have one of those "spurs" with a little neon light like the other storage heater in the hall.

The only feature that works is the on demand convector heater. But it does not store heat at night like it's supposed to.

Can storage heaters work as normal (i.e. charge up when the night rate kicks in) if they are plugged into a regular old socket?

I don't know what else to check. It's literally stone cold when I wake up in the morning.

I also know exactly how they're supposed to work with the input/output knobs etc. I lived in an apartment before with these.

However I'm a bit discombobulated with this one.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement