Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY build

Options
  • 17-10-2020 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

I'm looking at building my own system in the Thermaltake view 51 tg argb snow gaming case in white. https://www.thermaltake.com/view-51-tempered-glass-argb-snow-edition.html Anybody got this case ? Is it any good, What do you guys think of it ? I noticed it does not have any dust filters on the front and top :( Could you just buy a dust filter that fits the size ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,391 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

They do pretty cases.

I don't think there would be a filter that is DIY that would work (without 3D printing) because of the angular geometry. Plus once you start making that mod you're ruining the point of having this case: aesthetics.

I agree with you though that's a fairly poor dust filter setup. If you pulled air into the side panel and pushed out the front it would handle dust far better, but the ARGB fans in reverse would eliminate their appeal and you'd be looing at their backplates. Pretty gak. Maybe you should run an air purifier next to your PC :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Are you sure you want the View 51?
    It's flippin' HUGE!

If you really must have 200mm intake fans with mesh intake, consider the Cooler Master H500 / H500P, Thermaltake Commander series or GameMax F15 Mesh.

Advertisement