Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring large amount to French account

Options
  • 17-10-2020 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hello.
    We are buying a house in France. We are cash buyers and want to transfer a large amount (€150K) to a French account from our current account. I know there are limits for online transfers but if I go into my local BoI branch, will I be able to transfer that amount? How long does it take for the transfer to complete?
    Thanks.
    Carlos

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

doggy Bear wrote: »
    Hello.
    We are buying a house in France. We are cash buyers and want to transfer a large amount (€150K) to a French account from our current account. I know there are limits for online transfers but if I go into my local BoI branch, will I be able to transfer that amount? How long does it take for the transfer to complete?
    Thanks.
    Carlos
    Hi doggy Bear,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Transfers for amounts over the 365 limits can be requested in branch using the Interpay Form available here. When you bring call into the branch you can request for an Interpay Urgent which will be received by close of business on the same day, provided we have the request before 12 noon. An Interpay Normal will be received within three days. 

Thanks and best of luck with the purchase.
    Tara 

Advertisement