Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 month ban Soccer forum

Options
  • 18-10-2020 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I have been given a 3 month ban for what has been claimed as trolling in the soccer forum. I have tried per pn to resolve the message with the mod however this has been fruitless. My first monthly ban I accepted as I allowed myself get into an exchange with another user who knew which buttons to press.

However a 3 month ban for a statement "Their mates in the FAI will never allow them not to win it....JDs love children."

I have given the mod in question a list of facts to back my statement for very public knowledge linking friendships within the Rovers board and FAI board, along with extremely high grant issuing to a LOI club and he has point blank refused to aknowledge them.

In a forum where statements are thrown around on a daily basis, I would like to know what the difference is between my post (trolling) and the following, made by a mod who should be setting the example in the thread!!

In a response to a Dundalk fan complaining about fixture pile up:

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just to clarify, you picked up a yellow card for the post, not a 3 month ban. The 3 month ban is for an accumulation of cards/bans as explicitly set out in the forum charter

Hence if you wish to continue this appeal it's a question of whether a yellow card was warranted, not a 3 month ban

Do you wish to proceed with the appeal on that basis?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Yes I would like to proceed...as I pointed out Mods are doing exactly the same thing in the same thread towards Dundalk and Peak6. Cannot be one rule for one and another for the rest.

As you will see from the most recent article below....I am not the only one suprised by the FAIs decisions where Rovers are involved...

The headline says it all.... https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/bohemians-boss-long-puzzled-by-odd-shamrock-rovers-postponements-39633597.html

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thank you

I will alert the Sports CMods to this appeal

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Hi irishmale,

I will look into this now.

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Hi irishmale,

I am afraid I agree with the yellow card in this instance. You were warned in July about posts hinting at favourtism / conspiracies from/by the FAI with regards to Shamrock Rovers. We know you saw this warning, as you PMed the mod in question to discuss it.

The post for which you got your yellow that led to your ban clearly goes against this warning.

So appeal denied, let us know if you want this to go to admin for review.

Thanks,
    awec

• Advertisement

Marking resolved

Advertisement