Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling during the lockdown

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭D13exile

“Sanctimonious”? Spare me. I’m again stuck unable to help my 70+ parents who live in a remote part of the country because the “selfish type” who are on here arguing that rules shouldn’t apply to them cause they’re different are the same selfish type who felt rules didn’t apply to them and spread this virus all over the country again.

If I am sanctimonious and if I am a self righteous spiteful person, I’d rather be that than someone who makes excuses for the people who put us back in this position.

Also, I never said we couldn’t question government policy, I have a child and wife who have been forced to continue in school with questionable support from the HSE and DoE. I’m definitely questioning that

I find your presumption that I’m some self-righteous, boot licker or curtain twitcher sanctimonious tbh.

As with last time this happened, this whole thread is pointless.

Jeez, calm down mate. I have 5 kids in school and I'm a single parent who has NO ONE to call upon for help if I was to contract this virus. We all have elderly parents who live some distance away. HOWEVER, you are allowed to travel to assist with their needs. I will be heading to my 75 year old mother's house to bring her food and her medication once a week........as I am allowed to, and so are you!!

I'd suggest you go out for a cycle and let the endorphins boost your mood. You appear quite angry. The vast majority of us are following all the rules, even if some like the 5km one is ridiculous.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,576 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

right, i think this thread needs to go sleepy bye byes for a few hours. we're just going to get people repeatedly restating their positions, and i think most have had their say.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement