Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro d'Italia 2020 | Stage 15 | Base Aerea Rivolto - Piancavallo (185 km)

Options
  • 18-10-2020 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭

It seems like ages since the riders were climbing Etna, but the race is back in the mountains. We'll see what Almeida is made of today.

R3YkpYciJdhr3hMAbfG4MQ.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Almeida struggling. Kelderman flying

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Almeida struggling. Kelderman flying

Almeida will still hold Pink no? He has enough of a buffer!

Closest Kelderman has got to a sniff of a win in 5 years. Chapeau to TGH well deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,458 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I have man love for Joao Almeida after that. What an effort by him, pure grit.

Looks like the podium between Joao Almeida, Wilko Kelderman and TGH if this form holds true in the high mountains late next week! Wilko is obviously the big favourite.

• Advertisement

Stelvio watch! Looking ok for Thurs as of now:

stelviolive_04.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Wilko may not get his chance if there are a large number of positives on rest day. We'll see how far RCS (and the UCI) are willing to disregard rider and public health measures in order to get to Milan.

Is there a particular number of positives that organisers will say 'Eh...Okay , that's enough'? Expect a sizeable number.

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Wilko may not get his chance if there are a large number of positives on rest day. We'll see how far RCS (and the UCI) are willing to disregard rider and public health measures in order to get to Milan.

Is there a particular number of positives that organisers will say 'Eh...Okay , that's enough'? Expect a sizeable number.

They did some instant tests on Thurs and Fri, and no one came back positive, now that test isn't the most reliable, but the fact that there were zero positives points towards the rest day testing not creating too many positives, so I am hopeful the race will continue.

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-announce-further-rounds-of-covid-19-testing-at-giro-ditalia/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Hopefully Covid doesn't impact either on GC or the actual race itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Doc07

eagle eye wrote: »
    I have man love for Joao Almeida after that. What an effort by him, pure grit.

Tommy Vockleur stuff , class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Doc07

Inquitus wrote: »
    Looks like the podium between Joao Almeida, Wilko Kelderman and TGH if this form holds true in the high mountains ate next week! Wilko is obviously the big favourite.

I tipped TGH for too 5, upgrading that to
    Podium now!
    Think Almeida has one too many mountain days left and might crack

jQjfZRM.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Would TGH have a third spot and white Jersey if he pushed to the line instead of celebrating, could have celebrated after the line!
    jQjfZRM.png

Would TGH have a third spot and white Jersey if he pushed to the line instead of celebrating, could have celebrated after the line!

He'd be wearing the White Jersey on behalf of Almeida if he had got the extra 2 secs on Jai Hindley, aye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

jQjfZRM.png

A bit of auto translate there - Pello Bilbao has become " Leather Bilbao"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Hopefully Covid doesn't impact either on GC or the actual race itself.

It already has had a huge impact and changed the complexion of the race with Yates contracting it and falling out of contention as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I cant believe that after 2 weeks there 2lads at the top (inluding keldermann???) and everyone else is 3mins or so plus back, including nibali, fuglsang and majka.

Another TT to come, cant see pas the first 2 bar accidents

EDIT: Only watching the full stage now, seeing sunweb go full skyneos with 4 in a peleton of 6, after their random opportunistic attacking of the TDF is great , my new favourite team. My 2ns favourite team is non-gc ineos btw

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

EC1000 wrote: »
    It already has had a huge impact and changed the complexion of the race with Yates contracting it and falling out of contention as a result.[/QUOTE

You know I meant now. Be horrible for someone to text positive now that has a podium chance or indeed someone who hasa cha ce of a podium suffering due to positive cases in their team.

I think Thomas would have been a nailed on winner looking at some of these guys today assuming he had some legs.

Also feel for Eddie Dunbar, he could have been stage hunting here if not for injury.

• Advertisement
Advertisement