Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Western Way Phibsboro

Options
  • 18-10-2020 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭

any views on this part of phibsborough ?, specifically Fontenoy lane

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Think it's fine, bid on a house around there a few years back, ended up closer to Phibsborough crossroads. Any specific questions or concerns?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 deep_dish

Some really nice houses around there but the area is not without its issues.

I am regularly in the area and there are some houses I'd jump at the opportunity to own - but on the flip-side I wouldn't be too keen on my wife/kids walking home alone at night from town, having to pass some less than undesirable members of Dublin's inner city who hang around the streets in the vicinity.

Also if I was investing in that part of Phibsboro, more so Western Way, I would be keen to know what the long term-plans for Hendrons are (maybe it's already common knowledge?) as it is more or less derelict now and won't be too long before it's developed.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭tropple

I live nearby and love the area. The LUAS is just around the corner, and the new plaza to the Grangegorman campus is opening soon. As mentioned above, it's close to the city centre and that brings about some issues, but they're certainly not unique to the area - there's been a big influx of students in recent years, which is a positive in my eyes.

I think Fontenoy Lane was just an industrial lane until the last year or so, and there have been some houses built there. It's quite close to Western Way and the bus stop, so might be a bit noisier /busier than Fontenoy Street which is just around the corner

On Hendrons, there has been a submission made to An Bord Pleanala to redevelop it for office / retail / residential use, but the main building is a protected structure - it's a bit like the Phibsboro Shopping Centre, people either love or hate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

deep_dish wrote: »
    Also if I was investing in that part of Phibsboro, more so Western Way, I would be keen to know what the long term-plans for Hendrons are.

300 shared living units.

Advertisement