Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interactive Whiteboard advice?

Options
  • 18-10-2020 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭

Or interactive displays.

I've been asked to order some for my workplace and I'm finding myself a little bamboozled!

Any advice on what to look out for or avoid?

Ease of use is the main thing we need. It will be used by people with intellectual disabilities. Would need the usual google, you tube, internet, and plenty of educational apps

Any pointers are much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

barneyrub wrote: »
    Or interactive displays.

I've been asked to order some for my workplace and I'm finding myself a little bamboozled!

Any advice on what to look out for or avoid?

Ease of use is the main thing we need. It will be used by people with intellectual disabilities. Would need the usual google, you tube, internet, and plenty of educational apps

Any pointers are much appreciated!

The whiteboard itself in general won't come with that much built in software. It allows the user to interact with what's being projected from the laptop so that will dictate the majority of the software.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Samsung flip coupled with barco clickshare would be a reliable option but fairly expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭barneyrub

Thanks for the replies.

So it's not a projector system we're looking for. Another location of ours has one, it's just like a giant tablet itself, no projector needed. But it's 4/5 years old so looking at other options now.?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

A company I worked for had a Google Jamboard. I don't know if anyone can get it, or how much it's tied up with Google Workspace (formerly known as G Suite).
    What I do remember is that there's a Jamboard app for mobile, which can connect to the same stuff, and you can collaborate with the person at the board.
    All in all it was a great solution, for a company that was already heavily invested into the G Suite, for email, calendar, meetings, Google Drive, Google Docs/Sheets etc. Not sure it would even work if you're not interested in these.

Advertisement