Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,569 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Dislocated my shoulder years ago at football, it bothers me in cold snaps
    Rubbed some on, tingling for a moment but shoulder loosen

Potien and olive oil.
    Good for aching joints

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

_Brian wrote: »
    Potien and olive oil.
    Good for aching joints

Thanks Brian
    I’ll try it sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Played rugby many years ago. Some fellas had fierce homemade concoctions.
    Had a frozen shoulder, one course of treatment with acupuncture and electrodes sorted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I tried it on my shoulder today.

It went cold and that was it. Put it on my legs this evening and I think I've become immune to it.
    Didn't wash my hands of it yet and my nose thinks I but a dolp of Vicks under each nostril.

Am expecting koala bears to start arriving any time.

Word of warning. Wash your hands after using it and especially before a visit to the toilet. You've been warned!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭jimini0

gozunda wrote: »
    Word of warning. Wash your hands after using it and especially before a visit to the toilet. You've been warned!

Ice blue leg cooler gel is great for aches. Have been using it on my back for the last few months. Its actually designed for horses

• Advertisement

Water John wrote: »
    Played rugby many years ago. Some fellas had fierce homemade concoctions.
    Had a frozen shoulder, one course of treatment with acupuncture and electrodes sorted it.

Getting dry needle therapy at the moment, works great.

If she brings out electrodes I . Am. Outta. There. :eek:

Had an 2004 cow here and thought it was time to get rid of her. Didn't put her back in calf last year. Was about to take her to the mart when another younger cow calved a dead calf. She was hard to get in calf, so decided to sell both together.
    Had them booked into mart and a few days before, younger one gets lame. Waited a few weeks and when she was fine, booked them again. All set to go today and yesterday found older one lame. That's twice booked and didn't bring them.
    You'd want the patience of Jobe at this farming lark.

Reminds me of a story about a great grand uncle - who as a young lad many years ago went to get the boat to America. Setting out for Queenstown (as it was then) - he was met with the news that the ship he was to be sailing on - had been lost with all hands in a storm just days before it was due to arrive at port.

A year later he again purchased a ticket and was happy to learn that the ship had docked safety and was due for departure in a couple of days. Unhappily for him - later that same night the ship caught fire and was badly damaged and once again his hopes of emigration were dashed.

Yet again he headed back home where he declared his intention of sailing for the new world just as as soon as he had saved up enough money for the price of a new ticket. At which point my great great grandmother grabbed him by the ear and told him he was going nowhere as the good lord obviously had other plans.

Patsy - I think you're meant to keep those cows :pac:

Just leave this oddness here.
    https://youtu.be/yCNVUbIj_HA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

Just leave this oddness here.
    https://youtu.be/yCNVUbIj_HA

Canadians ? :D

NcdJd wrote: »
    Canadians ? :D

No idea and honestly I’m intentionally not watching it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,526 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

No idea and honestly I’m intentionally not watching it again.

Why are they friends of yours? :D

Why are they friends of yours? :D

Worms are everyone’s friends

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭orm0nd

took time off this morning to make a few phone calls and sort out a few issues

!!!!! jeeez .....give me a calf house with a foot of sh1t and a dung fork any day ,

Pity their argument about slurry and corporates being bad for the soil is getting redundant with dribble bars and shiny new tankers. :pac:
    A dung beetle doing a line of slurry would probably send them off the edge altogether. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Pity their argument about slurry and corporates being bad for the soil is getting redundant with dribble bars and shiny new tankers. :pac:
    A dung beetle doing a line of slurry would probably send them off the edge altogether. :)

Snorting it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭Grueller

Potien and olive oil.
    Good for aching joints

Drink the poitín, then rub in the olive oil. More poitín than olive oil is the key to this cure.

Except when you're dosing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Except when you're dosing ;)

Or the kids have them :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭straight

I often wonder where do worms come from. They seem to turn up everywhere and anywhere. Opening the silage pit, underneath tyres stored on concrete, underneath pallets. I have bales on concrete 2 years that I'm using these days and their covered in earthworms

straight wrote: »
    I often wonder where do worms come from. They seem to turn up everywhere and anywhere. Opening the silage pit, underneath tyres stored on concrete, underneath pallets. I have bales on concrete 2 years that I'm using these days and their covered in earthworms

By any chance are they the strippy lads that you see in manure heaps or the usual brown ones you see whilst tilling?

I have a manure heap for horse manure- and those strippy lads can be found in droves inside in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

By any chance are they the strippy lads that you see in manure heaps or the usual brown ones you see whilst tilling?

I have a manure heap for horse manure- and those strippy lads can be found in droves inside in it.

Only ever seen the strippy lads in manure. Easier to get than the lob worms when collecting for going fishing.

NcdJd wrote: »
    Only ever seen the strippy lads in manure. Easier to get than the lob worms when collecting for going fishing.

The strippy lads move around as well. I've found them under old tires and just about anywhere there's a bit of cover or old hay etc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Lynsey bennet is on the Late Late show tonight, I went out with her mother for a while. a lovely person. (at least I thought so anyway)
    She died young enough with cancer too, maybe in her 50s
    Base price, did you know the family

Can anyone put in "polish agricultural machinery market" into Google search on their phone and come back with what the first result is?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭straight

Can anyone put in "polish agricultural machinery market" into Google search on their phone and come back with what the first result is?

https://www.trade.gov/market-intelligence/poland-agricultural-machinery-market

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭emaherx

Just me then. :p

Screenshot-2021-02-05-19-01-30.png

Must be in the centre isle..

• Registered Users Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

See fbd lost the judgement about paying out for loss of earnings due to covid by vintners.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭Base price

wrangler wrote: »
    Lynsey bennet is on the Late Late show tonight, I went out with her mother for a while. a lovely person. (at least I thought so anyway)
    She died young enough with cancer too, maybe in her 50s
    Base price, did you know the family
    I know of them but don't know them personally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

whelan2 wrote: »
    See fbd lost the judgement about paying out for loss of earnings due to covid by vintners.

Good enough for them

Better living everyone

Advertisement