Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,569 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

tanko wrote: »
    I hear some talk that Cootehill mart is going to re-open under new management.

That would be great. Pity to be loosing marts.
    Wonder what happened though.

Heifers getting bimectin today.

Brother was injecting one when she moved suddenly. Stuck needle in one side of his thumb, through and out the other.

Have to say, it looked so sore I didn’t even laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

_Brian wrote: »

Brother was injecting one when she moved suddenly. Stuck needle in one side of his thumb, through and out the other.

Can’t be careful enough, local guy injected himself by accident and was in a bad way for awhile

• Registered Users Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭Water John

whelan2 wrote: »
    Nice win there for Scotland in the rugby

Finn Russell deciding to go for a drop goal whilst ahead with a minute to go, must be up there as the biggest brainfart of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

Water John wrote: »
    Finn Russell deciding to go for a drop goal whilst ahead with a minute to go, must be up there as the biggest brainfart of all time.

Was he trying to stop England from getting a losing bonus point?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Sore I’d say. Definitely can’t be too careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,260 ✭✭✭tanko

Was he trying to stop England from getting a losing bonus point?

It would have stopped England getting a bonus point but i doubt that's what he was thinking. A drop goal would have put Scotland 8 points up and won the game for them even if England managed to get a converted try in the last minute.
    I wouldn't consider it the biggest brainfart ever since it didn't affect the result in the end.
    It's a good win for them but i think the result had more to do with how rubbish England were.

The forwards having the ball with 3 mins to go, you close out the game. The coach will have him for dinner on Monday in the review.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,260 ✭✭✭tanko

True but they still won anyway. If England had gone down the field and scored a converted try to win the game i'd agree with you.

I can't imagine how wrecked Rugby players must be after 80 minutes of games like that. It's going to be some mess when the concussion/brain injury issue blows up on them in years to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

I know I'm probably a bit late to the party on this but i only caught up with the Garda dance thingy, and maybe it's Covid or something, but it made me a little misty eyed and caused the chest swell.
    Fair play to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,586 ✭✭✭StevenToast

I know I'm probably a bit late to the party on this but i only caught up with the Garda dance thingy, and maybe it's Covid or something, but it made me a little misty eyed and caused the chest swell.
    Fair play to them.

I had the exact opposite reaction

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

:D

Fair play to them.

I watched the beginning and thought cringe, but was very impressed with it. Fair play to them.

I found myself taking screen shots and sending to a friend to see where they were. Some amazing spots I never knew existed.

The Irish comedians (dunno who they are) on tikTok have a very funny video made,

Have the army takenn on the challenge too, Reggie?

Have the army takenn on the challenge too, Reggie?

Now I wouldnt subject the public to that ordeal

I suppose we'd have to go to the Dark Web to see that?

You see it wasn't that it was any good per se, it was more the case that things must be tough that something as lame as that causes such a (wry?) feelgood reaction. I'm not sure if it is sadness, wistfullness, loneliness or what, but a lot of us might actually be a bit lower than we realise.
    You'd miss the bit of craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

tanko wrote: »
    I hear some talk that Cootehill mart is going to re-open under new management.

Tell me,what are you hearing.

I suppose we'd have to go to the Dark Web to see that?

Pay per view only

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Swelly eyed and misty chested?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭gk5000

Base price wrote: »
    The guy that gives us a hand every day strigged her and the calf sucked the teat feeder.
    Strigged...havent heard that word in 30 years...is it universal?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

gk5000 wrote: »

It's in North East Offaly anyway!

It's in North East Offaly anyway!

East Cavan too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

East Cavan too

West Cavan as well

• Registered Users Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Mid louth too

• Registered Users Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

There was an actor on the Tommy tiernan show last night. If you weren't already depressed before you watched him you'd be doubly depressed after. Had to turn it off

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Mossie1975

Morning lads
    Hope ye are all keeping well. In from a ramble with me dog. Glad to see my 90 year old neighbour going for his own daily stroll up his driveway. Hadn’t seen him out in weeks and we were exchanging news. Told him about a local farmer who had recently won a competition, to which he replied “a great day for the parish”. Came away hiding a grin because the prize winner actually lives in a different parish (and there would be no love lost between the two on the GAA field). I’m not a big rugby fan but am looking forward to the match today. Great to see the Scots winning last night. Have a good one

gk5000 wrote: »

Going by another thread on boards it must be from Ulster Scots :D

Got a new sky Q thing last week.
    Against my better judgement but had no replacement in place re saorview so said another year wouldnt be the death of me.

Bloody thing keeps freezing. Hours on the phone. I guarantee it will freeze for the rugby.

Days like today, you wish a pub was open.

Only positive- it cemented my opinion we don’t need it anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Was reading a piece in the Sunday Times about organic farming. They quoted Pippa Hackett "Our farm became more profitable, Your input costs go down because you're not using synthetic fertilisers and pesticides, and you actually use less PETROL in your tractor".
    What kind of tractor are they using I wonder?
    Is she misquoted?
    Does she know that little about what tractors are running on?
    Anyone have an opinion on how her as a minister?

Advertisement