Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I was called to a sheep kill in progress by the farmer.
    Two rott x labs and a Rottweiler.
    I and others with guns wanted to shoot but the farmer wanted to wait for the dog warden and gardai.
    The gardai and dog warden turned up. Caught one and followed the others back to a neighbour.
    Had nightmares after for a few nights of the rott x's going for me between them and the sheep.
    I think it was sixteen hoggets after were killed from smothering and direct kills from the dogs.

The neighbour reported that they broke out of their pen.
    All the dogs were euthanized that evening by the warden.
    Really? That would be a first.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

My sister gave blood today, she was saying imagine looking forward to getting out of the house to give blood....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

whelan2 wrote: »
    My sister gave blood today, she was saying imagine looking forward to getting out of the house to give blood....

I got my bloods done again this morning. Was great to talk to someone new even if it was for 10 minutes ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Along with the free Tayto and 7up afterwards, makes it the best day out available at the moment

Along with the free Tayto and 7up afterwards, makes it the best day out available at the moment

She got a kitkat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

She got a kitkat

Never seen anything that fancy, it's the only place I see Arrowroot biscuits nowadays.

Thats a bit mad in fairness

people (assuming they're responsible) are entitled to a pet dog, by your criteria some farmers wouldn't be entitled to a dog

Entitlement is the cause of a lot of problems in Ireland, or rather perceived entitlement.

Why should a farmer be differentiated from any other citizen in this respect. Most farmers could demonstrate good need.

Some farmers I've seen shouldn't have a dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Entitlement is the cause of a lot of problems in Ireland, or rather perceived entitlement.

Why should a farmer be differentiated from any other citizen in this respect. Most farmers could demonstrate good need.

Some farmers I've seen shouldn't have a dog.

Or sheep.

Jb1989 wrote: »
    Or sheep.

Yup

• Registered Users Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Never seen anything that fancy, it's the only place I see Arrowroot biscuits nowadays.

Go give platelets. Ya get the works there. Breakfast, sandwiches, scones, muffins, the lot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭longgonesilver

• Registered Users Posts: 11,527 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Base price wrote: »
    Really? That would be a first.

Ya know what I mean..:rolleyes:

The banned dog breed list in this country is not half long enough.

The last time I rang the dog warden, they dont work weekends. Is this still the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,569 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

The last time I rang the dog warden, they dont work weekends. Is this still the case?

We rang abkut a local dog, a huge husky that was escaping and roaming around farms locally.

He said he was too busy and we were too far away.

Contacted local politicians and warden was out within few days. Fairness dog hasn’t been out since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Reggie. wrote: »
    Go give platelets. Ya get the works there. Breakfast, sandwiches, scones, muffins, the lot

Went about it years ago when i was in school but they said id hardly be able to commit with school etc. Is there much to it?

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

According to the article there's been a "spate" of vandalism around the country in recent months with other billboards being destroyed. 

Haven't noticed any myself. In fact I haven't noticed much of those type of billboards at all. But then I suppose I haven't been out and about as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Only saw one recently, somewhere along the Sligo-Longford road, near Boyle.
    On the side of a hayshed, ironically...

Ya know what I mean..:rolleyes:

The banned dog breed list in this country is not half long enough.
    It's actually the restricted dog breed list. What breeds would you add to it. I have a Rottweiler at the moment and I've had them over the years. I've never had problems with them roaming.

Kids spent this morning playing in the snow

• Registered Users Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Went about it years ago when i was in school but they said id hardly be able to commit with school etc. Is there much to it?

Not really just go and get tested for platelet count. Hardest part is connected to the machine for about 1.5 hrs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,527 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Base price wrote: »
    It's actually the restricted dog breed list. What breeds would you add to it. I have a Rottweiler at the moment and I've had them over the years. I've never had problems with them roaming.

You don't but other people do.
    Those dogs were not bred as companion dogs. I'd put Rottweilers away as with all mastiff and bull breeds and include those husky dogs as well. There's no point for them bar status symbols anymore.
    If anyone wants status buy themselves a fancy watch. It does less damage when it breaks free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

I was second in line stopped at road works traffic light today, the lights turned green and the car in front of me proceeded to move off. He was forced to a stop when a car from the opposite direction, clearly having driven through the red light, tried to barrel his way through. The car in front of me did his best to reverse back to give him room to squeeze past. The driver as he came in line with the reversed car, stopped and lowered down his window and roared out, “Where the Fu…k do you thing your going, you thick fu..kr”. The front driver drove on without responding. I wish I had dashcam footage, I would have reported him if I had the reg number and he was one was one rough looking individual that I don't think many would challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

I was second in line stopped at road works traffic light today, the lights turned green and the car in front of me proceeded to move off. He was forced to a stop when a car from the opposite direction, clearly having driven through the red light, tried to barrel his way through. The car in front of me did his best to reverse back to give him room to squeeze past. The driver as he came in line with the reversed car, stopped and lowered down his window and roared out, “Where the Fu…k do you thing your going, you thick fu..kr”. The front driver drove on without responding. I wish I had dashcam footage, I would have reported him if I had the reg number and he was one was one rough looking individual that I don't think many would challenge.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe the lights weren’t synced properly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭jimini0

I have worked on a lot of roadwork jobs. Most of them were outside of towns. But one time we were working on road close to a busy town centre. My god but we met some very ignorant pricks for those 2 days. The amount of times people drove tru the red light. Im not talking a couple of seconds after it went red these people just ignored them completely. We had to move barriers and cones everything. We had to call the police to come at school time so people would behave. He used to park the car half way tru the lights and walk up and down. Fair play to him he stopped most of the ****e. One woman went ballistic telling us she was late picking up the kids from school. Up pops the typical thick ass builder beside me. And starts telling her to spend less time on the book face and painting your nails and maybe next time you could get out of your jammies its bloody 2 o'clock in the day. And off he walked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Did it ever occur to you that maybe the lights weren’t synced properly?

Was that you ?

Nah, that chap wasn't waiting around for anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

jimini0 wrote: »
    I have worked on a lot of roadwork jobs. Most of them were outside of towns. But one time we were working on road close to a busy town centre. My god but we met some very ignorant pricks for those 2 days. The amount of times people drove tru the red light. Im not talking a couple of seconds after it went red these people just ignored them completely. We had to move barriers and cones everything. We had to call the police to come at school time so people would behave. He used to park the car half way tru the lights and walk up and down. Fair play to him he stopped most of the ****e. One woman went ballistic telling us she was late picking up the kids from school. Up pops the typical thick ass builder beside me. And starts telling her to spend less time on the book face and painting your nails and maybe next time you could get out of your jammies its bloody 2 o'clock in the day. And off he walked.

Worked laying services along the roads in the suburbs of Adelaide for a while. We saw all sorts throughout the week there but the ICE heads were the loudest of them all. Never had any trouble generslly just droge up and down the road with SFA else to do during the day and shout out the window at us. Apparently as the wages are low in that city instead of smoking the ICE rhey injected it for a better and longer high so thats what had them really off their chops compared to the other cities.
    We must have been a sight all the same to the locals 43'C one day in the cruel South Australian sun all of us Irish bar one and the union site beside us being sunned off for the day (38 out the gate), they were all locals and when they asked us why we werent stopping we just said the bossman is giving us water and salt tablets and to be fair to him he let us sit in out of the sun earlier too.

Better living everyone

I'll have to start slackening down on the snacking. The last couple of months I've been getting loads of snacks and chocolate on the weekly shop and I end up scoffing everything in two days... can't feckin pace myself at all. The oul fella has wispas in his room and I'm half tempted to nick one on him as I've eaten all my stash I got yesterday.... I need help...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

NcdJd wrote: »
    I'll have to start slackening down on the snacking. The last couple of months I've been getting loads of snacks and chocolate on the weekly shop and I end up scoffing everything in two days... can't feckin pace myself at all. The oul fella has wispas in his room and I'm half tempted to nick one on him as I've eaten all my stash I got yesterday.... I need help...

If it's Wispa Gold ....... get me one:D

If it's Wispa Gold ....... get me one:D

He takes about a third of one every night. The man has the discipline of Mr Miyagi . I'd go through the 4 bars in the package no bothers without even thinking about it.

• Advertisement

NcdJd wrote: »
    He takes about a third of one every night. The man has the discipline of Mr Miyagi . I'd go through the 4 bars in the package no bothers without even thinking about it.
    My Mam used to take a nip off a Crunchie bar when heading to bed in her latter years - before that she used to smoke a Sweet Afton cigarette.

Advertisement