Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,527 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

greysides wrote: »
    OR....

They may find themselves on..... The Dark Side.

The V&V forum.....!!

Oh God!

We'll definitely need Reggie now. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

OR....

They may find themselves on..... The Dark Side.

The V&V forum.....!!

There would be more chiefs than Indians in there if that was to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Best of luck K.G.

See a 10 year old boy was killed in a quad accident in laois. Rest in peace

Had a fry for tea. Last time we had one was Christmas morning. Superquinn sausages, lamb chops, rashers, hash browns, eggs,pudding, beans, mini sausage rolls:rolleyes:, mushrooms. Lovely job. Had done a few laps of the track beforehand

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

whelan2 wrote: »
    Had a fry for tea. Last time we had one was Christmas morning. Superquinn sausages, lamb chops, rashers, hash browns, eggs,pudding, beans, mini sausage rolls:rolleyes:, mushrooms. Lovely job. Had done a few laps of the track beforehand

Some nice fried soda bread would top it off the finest. One unintended consequence of the lockdown is theres more time for cooking and consequently eating in recent months. On an unrelated note someone has been swapping out my trousers for a size smaller lately. I'll need to work off the increase over the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Some nice fried soda bread would top it off the finest. One unintended consequence of the lockdown is theres more time for cooking and consequently eating in recent months. On an unrelated note someone has been swapping out my trousers for a size smaller lately. I'll need to work off the increase over the summer.
    The one positive of OH been laid up for the past 7 weeks is that I've lost about a stone and a half cause I'm flat out most days in the yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

He was our most successful undercover moderator. 7 days incognito.

OK I'm rattling my brain - K G?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Keep going
    Keep growing
    Keep guessing?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

gozunda wrote: »
    OK I'm rattling my brain - K G?

Yup. It's the short pair of initials, he snuck in on the list and no one noticed.

In seriousness, it's great to have a 'full team' as we are now finished recruiting. The CMods allowed us one more than we asked for.

The idea is to have a team of mods whose interest spans the full scope of the forum. At times of the year when it's 'full on', we each have to only read what interests us, which may be all you've time for.

So, I'd like to thank the three lads for stepping up and hope they'll have very little to do.

(As an aside, and with a bit of chest-thumping, I can say that when we went looking and starting putting names together, we found we had a lot of good posters to choose from. That says a lot about the forum and the sense of community it engenders.)

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Have we got a Vegan mod?

Just asking..

:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Have we got a Vegan mod?

Just asking..

I can ask, but I doubt anyone will own up.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

The one good thing about covid is no late late valentine's special

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭orm0nd

whelan2 wrote: »
    The one good thing about covid is no late late valentine's special

no

Katie Price instead

orm0nd wrote: »
    no

Katie Price instead

In fairness she is a great mother to Harvey. It can't be easy. I know she has her faults but his dad hasn't stepped up from day 1.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Have we got a Vegan mod?

Just asking..

We'll keep you in mind for when the opportunity arises:p.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

blue5000 wrote: »
    We'll keep you in mind for when the opportunity arises:p.
    Fookin Vegans - hateful yokes.
    I note that there still hasn't been a response - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115525756&postcount=8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Yup. It's the short pair of initials, he snuck in on the list and no one noticed.

In seriousness, it's great to have a 'full team' as we are now finished recruiting. The CMods allowed us one more than we asked for.

The idea is to have a team of mods whose interest spans the full scope of the forum. At times of the year when it's 'full on', we each have to only read what interests us, which may be all you've time for.

So, I'd like to thank the three lads for stepping up and hope they'll have very little to do.

(As an aside, and with a bit of chest-thumping, I can say that when we went looking and starting putting names together, we found we had a lot of good posters to choose from. That says a lot about the forum and the sense of community it engenders.)

It will be interesting to see which one of them will be the first to "crack the whip"

Base price wrote: »
    Fookin Vegans - hateful yokes.
    I note that there still hasn't been a response - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115525756&postcount=8

I nominate Base Price as the new vegan moderator. Who will second this to get the ball rolling ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,626 ✭✭✭White Clover

NcdJd wrote: »
    I nominate Base Price as the new vegan moderator. Who will second this to get the ball rolling ?

What happens if Nekarsulm is seconded too?
    Pistols at dawn between himself and base price? :D

• Advertisement

What happens if Nekarsulm is seconded too?
    Pistols at dawn between himself and base price? :D

Can we place bets ? Obviously I'd bet on the Dub :)

Edit, no point you being moderator WC you'd probably delete the whole forum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,626 ✭✭✭White Clover

NcdJd wrote: »
    Can we place bets ? Obviously I'd bet on the Dub :)

Edit, no point you being moderator WC you'd probably delete the whole forum :D

I'd just be the counter balance :D

Have we got a Vegan mod

Just asking..

Just seen we have a visitor. Notably one has asked asking why "farmers" are so obsessed with checking a certain forum ....

You couldn't make it up tbh. ;)

A pic of the listerosis cow during the week. We let her and her comrades out into a enclosed paddock last week with Daisy. They have access to a small dry bedded shed but it doesn't have a feed barrier so we put up the mix under the electric fence.

Just seen we have a visitor. Notably one has asked asking why "farmers" are so obsessed with checking a certain forum constantly,

You couldn't make it up tbh. ;)

I really don't understand that mentality. It's good to talk and discuss these things from different perspectives and points of view. No point in everyone being of the same opinion as then a forum is just a reference library of links and copied text from Internet sites.

Yup. It's the short pair of initials, he snuck in on the list and no one noticed

Got it - thought you were being enigmatic ;)

It's a great tribute that not one but three mods were needed to replace Buford

You've set a high bar greysides :D

Got it - thought you were being enigmatic ;)

It's a great tribute that not one but three mods were needed to replace Buford

You've set a high bar greysides :D
    In fairness give the new Mods a chance.

It's hard to accept the circumstances as to why the Sheriff left but we are where we are now :mad:

Fookin Vegans.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

I turned over a new leaf on that front last summer - do 30 push ups before bed every night and managed to lose nearly 2 stone in 2 months. Giving up the beer and generally eating better last year helped too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Hi Folks....
    Just wondering have any of ye got NCT done lately?.......have it this morning after 9am....it’s around -2 deg outside,windy and lashing rain!!

Does common sense prevail during this kind of bad weather or due to Covid restrictions do you have to wait outside in the elements while your car is tested rather than in the normal ‘waiting area’ which seems to be off limits going by the current NCT guidelines?

Want to get the car done but don’t want to be drenched and frozen while waiting out in rain while test is underway.....thanks for any replies in next hour or hour and a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Hi Folks....
    Just wondering have any of ye got NCT done lately?.......have it this morning after 9am....it’s around -2 deg outside,windy and lashing rain!!

Does common sense prevail during this kind of bad weather or due to Covid restrictions do you have to wait outside in the elements while your car is tested rather than in the normal ‘waiting area’ which seems to be off limits going by the current NCT guidelines?

Want to get the car done but don’t want to be drenched and frozen while waiting out in rain while test is underway.....thanks for any replies in next hour or hour and a bit.

Man up and dress well, I brought a good wet suit and went for a long walk....... safer than going into the waiting room anyway

Advertisement