Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,527 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Hi Folks....
    Just wondering have any of ye got NCT done lately?.......have it this morning after 9am....it’s around -2 deg outside,windy and lashing rain!!

Does common sense prevail during this kind of bad weather or due to Covid restrictions do you have to wait outside in the elements while your car is tested rather than in the normal ‘waiting area’ which seems to be off limits going by the current NCT guidelines?

Want to get the car done but don’t want to be drenched and frozen while waiting out in rain while test is underway.....thanks for any replies in next hour or hour and a bit.

If you're fit and healthy you'll be left in the lashings of rain. So dress appropriately.
    If you're heading for 90/100 and oldest one there with a walking stick you might be let into the waiting room.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

wrangler wrote: »
    Man up and dress well, I brought a good wet suit and went for a long walk....... safer than going into the waiting room anyway

Am just coming out of having a flu.....(not Covid).....so weak as a newborn lamb and don’t fancy a second bout of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Can someone you know come along in their car and you sit in it while the test is on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

wrangler wrote: »
    Man up and dress well, I brought a good wet suit and went for a long walk....... safer than going into the waiting room anyway

Never found the wetsuits to be the best for walking, I always got a lot of funny looks...
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

I seldom get things "dead on", but having these fitted last night is one of those times!

XrRhAGY.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

Thought I hadn't closed a gate properly the other evening when I found 4 yearlings out with the stores yesterday. Either I'm gone mad or they're able to open the gate. The 4 are out again today. Scratches Head !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

CHOPS01 wrote: »
    Thought I hadn't closed a gate properly the other evening when I found 4 yearlings out with the stores yesterday. Either I'm gone mad or they're able to open the gate. The 4 are out again today. Scratches Head !!!

Chain around the gate

Hi Folks....
    Just wondering have any of ye got NCT done lately?.......have it this morning after 9am....it’s around -2 deg outside,windy and lashing rain!!

Does common sense prevail during this kind of bad weather or due to Covid restrictions do you have to wait outside in the elements while your car is tested rather than in the normal ‘waiting area’ which seems to be off limits going by the current NCT guidelines?

Want to get the car done but don’t want to be drenched and frozen while waiting out in rain while test is underway.....thanks for any replies in next hour or hour and a bit.

Well?

We're invested now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭Base price

CHOPS01 wrote: »
    Have a look at this video that's been doing the rounds on social media.
    https://www.vnews.com/Hartland-cow-Cornish-man-go-viral-in-video-of-escaping-bovine-38828558

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

Base price wrote: »
    https://www.vnews.com/Hartland-cow-Cornish-man-go-viral-in-video-of-escaping-bovine-38828558

That's mad Ted.
    Only time I very have cattle go through a fence is when I forget to plug in the fencer. They just know when there I no current

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

It's that time of year again folks! :D
    Unfortunately I've been left high & dry, deserted at the alter :(

https://www.boards.ie/love.php

543447.png

Is there a Buford club? :D

Screenshot-2021-02-13-12-23-48.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

It's that time of year again folks! :D
    Unfortunately I've been left high & dry, deserted at the alter :(

https://www.boards.ie/love.php

Jaysus, the programmers must have been on drugs the night they worked out the logic behind that program..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

That's brilliant. I seen one doing a gate but that lad has taken it to a new level.

Ah whelan and base me auld darlings

Lakill can take a hike

Loves ya too

Here's mine

whelan2 wrote: »
    Here's mine

Not even a mention......disgusted

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

NcdJd wrote: »
    Jaysus, the programmers must have been on drugs the night they worked out the logic behind that program..

Ha ha. I always like to encourage our newer members ;)

That and some of the comments :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I think so.... :eek:

4xw4wl.jpg

That said who ever thought one of my top admirers is a veggie ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Usual client at the top. Probably 3 an a row for Reggie. #kisses
    matches.jpg

Usual client at the top. Probably 3 an a row for Reggie. #kisses
    matches.jpg

Getting a little worried here

Youngest has accepted a job in Scotland. Does anyone know if he will have to make some sort of customs declaration to move his personal effects or does the common travel area allow him to go without going through customs. He will be driving over in his own car with his stuff, mostly clothes and fishing gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Youngest has accepted a job in Scotland. Does anyone know if he will have to make some sort of customs declaration to move his personal effects or does the common travel area allow him to go without going through customs. He will be driving over in his own car with his stuff, mostly clothes and fishing gear.

Think he's OK due to the CTA. Plus the UK aren't doing a whole lot of checks on inbound.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

I doubt hell have any issue at all. should be drive on the boat and maybe just check passport the other side

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Well?

We're invested now.

Passed with flying colours:)....had to wait outside centre alright,was well wrapped up and to be fair the mechanic had all done in 25 minutes.Sitting down now beside a roaring fire watching the Scotland v Wales game:)

If you were getting a car ferry to Scotland would you go via Belfast or Larne?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭mayota

If you were getting a car ferry to Scotland would you go via Belfast or Larne?

Belfast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Reggie. wrote: »
    Getting a little worried here

You've nothing to worry about :)

Advertisement