Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

No ceramic. My sister posted it home from London she picked it up in tkmax. It is the nicest mug to drink out of. I have searched everywhere and cannot get another.

you will have to go to pottery classes.

https://ballymorrispottery.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

GNWoodd wrote: »
    There is an agenda afoot in this country that would sicken you .
    We are being conditioned to accept a multi cultured , no morality , no religion society.
    RTE is just doing the governments bidding .

nothing wrong with a bit of multiculturalism in fairness

as for religion for years we had far to much of it in this country and were so morally pure we protected pedophiles and punished women for getting pregnant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

One of those days... normally you’d say for the wrong reasons but thankfully for the right today.

Caught an elusive mouse in the car this morning.
    Sold 3 bullocks off the yard €900 each for two and €800 for another so happy with that. And last day of schoolwork for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jim Simmental

Does anyone know if it is possible to disable the front passenger seat airbag in a 2008 commercial landcruiser?

I need to fit a rear facing child seat in the front, if possible.

Does anyone know if it is possible to disable the front passenger seat airbag in a 2008 commercial landcruiser?

If you open the passenger door, and look at the edge of the dash, there should be a key hole to disable it.

But that would be in my Toyota car so I presume it’s the same.

Best of luck with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

At a garda checkpoint they can create an issue if you have it taxed commercially and a goods only declaration signed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

At a garda checkpoint they can create an issue if you have it taxed commercially and a goods only declaration signed

Like the trailer licenses, has anyone ever been checked on either of these issues
    I've never heard of either being checked up on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭jimini0

Promised the young lady we would do some baking this eve. She got a few recipes online. All American things. What have the Americans got against measurements. Cups of this and that. Spoonfuls of this. Can they not just use ml or grams like normal people. Our scales only has grams and oz on it. Online Calculator is goin to be busy

• Registered Users Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Had the dept vet out with me today. Got reported for animal cruelty.

Some made a complaint that I had 4 week old calves abandoned in a field and up their bellys in muck

The cattle are a year old and outwintered.

Vet had no issues with anything thank god. Still not a nice thought that someone is going around doing that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Ya could probably guess who reported ya too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Reggie. wrote: »

Some made a complaint that I had 4 week old calves abandoned in a field and up their bellys in muck

Vet had no issues with anything thank god. Still not a nice thought that someone is going around doing that

Was it Johnathan Cooney came out

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

I've talked to several lads lately that have encountered similar problems with outwintering. Like yourself the authorities had no issues when they were inspected but someone had to have made the complaint in the first place. Having stock beside the road doesn't help especially in wet weather and things can look worse than they actually are to an outside party.

Sorry to hear that happened to you. I used to work with a lady who reported the dog warden for not taking her complaints seriously. She used have him called for everything and nothing wrong.

wrangler wrote: »
    Was it Johnathan Cooney came out

No hes gone. Lady vet now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

jimini0 wrote: »
    Promised the young lady we would do some baking this eve. She got a few recipes online. All American things. What have the Americans got against measurements. Cups of this and that. Spoonfuls of this. Can they not just use ml or grams like normal people. Our scales only has grams and oz on it. Online Calculator is goin to be busy

Cups scale perfectly, dosent matter if your cup holds 250ml or 600.
    As long as you use the same cup for all the ingredients.

Read somewhere that the majority of US homes don't own a kitchen scales.

I've talked to several lads lately that have encountered similar problems with outwintering. Like yourself the authorities had no issues when they were inspected but someone had to have made the complaint in the first place. Having stock beside the road doesn't help especially in wet weather and things can look worse than they actually are to an outside party.
    Whoever it is will be tormented now as I'll put cattle there every year.

Was told they are inundated with reports. They reckon it's more people out walking

Needed to move some hay this afternoon, but I had to go to the next town over to get petrol as the pumps here are out of action. So I had the quad in the back of the van, said I'd fill it up and a couple of cans as I have a few jobs on this week. Back of the van was pitch dark so I put on my headtorch to see what I was doing. All filled up, into the shop to pay, and I get this really, really weird look from the girl at the till :confused: Ok, takes all kinds, paid for the gogo juice and it wasn't until I sat back into the van I saw the reflection of the headtorch still on full in the windscreen :pac:

I'd say we were thinking exactly the same thing about each other but for very different reasons :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭orm0nd

We have a 'concerned citizen' here locally as well. Think all authorities are fed up with him at this stage.

Met an inspector one day, thought he was looking for me, but he was looking for a local man. Got to talking anyway, and it turned out yer man had been reported as well. I know full well who did it too, just as you say people out walking. Inspector was a grand fella in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,528 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Did you get your Covid vaccination yet Reggie?

There's a relation of mine jabbing the soldiers.
    If you get shot by a dart you'll know what it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

That's mental. Some people have little to be at.

Did you get your Covid vaccination yet Reggie?

There's a relation of mine jabbing the soldiers.
    If you get shot by a dart you'll know what it is.

No I'm due around april I think

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

Whoever it is will be tormented now as I'll put cattle there every year.

Was told they are inundated with reports. They reckon it's more people out walking

Generally those that engage themselves in those sort of pursuits haven't much else to be at otherwise they wouldn't have the time to spare. I get your point however and there's definitely a lot more walkers locally which would make sense as regards increased reports.

whelan2 wrote: »
    That's mental. Some people have little to be at.

Second time actually. Got a call off the ispca over christmas with the same thing and they had no issue either.

Once is bad luck but twice in the space of 8 weeks is no coincidence

No I'm due around april I think

Congratulations

Second time actually. Got a call off the ispca over christmas with the same thing and they had no issue either.

Once is bad luck but twice in the space of 8 weeks is no coincidence

Have you an idea who it is?

Congratulations

Was waiting for that

Have you an idea who it is?

Not really. Theres 2 possibilities

• Registered Users Posts: 11,528 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I feel I'm intruding on Reggies nosey neighbour..
    They'll get their comeuppance some day.
    Karma always comes around again.

But anyway Pot - ash. Potassium. Potassium hydroxide. Dairy detergent. Soap. Fertilizer. Explosives. Timber ash. Germany. Dependency. Mines.

https://youtu.be/YMDJA4UvXLA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Not really. Theres 2 possibilities

With freedom of information can you find out who

Advertisement