Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

With freedom of information can you find out who

When the complaint was rang in no name or contact details were given I was told

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Reggie. wrote: »

I got reported years ago for having a few turkeys. They rang the DVO in the county beside me. Never left a name but I have good idea who it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

At the end of the day it’s harassment
    To give a complaint they should have to give name

• Registered Users Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

You'd be tempted to put a sign on the gate saying ispca and department of agriculture approved stock in field

whelan2 wrote: »
    You'd be tempted to put a sign on the gate saying ispca and department of agriculture approved stock in field

The fact they didnt leave any contact details just shows it was an act of cowardice

• Advertisement

The fact they didnt leave any contact details just shows it was an act of cowardice

Good job it's quality stock you have :D

Good job it's quality stock you have :D

Back handed compliment there :D

With freedom of information can you find out who

Just looked into that there. It could be possible

• Registered Users Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Exactly what I was thinking Whelan. 'Cattle inspected and approved by authorities. Now feck off'.

Any anonomyous reporting shouldn't be acted on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Water John wrote: »

Exactly what I was thinking Whelan. 'Cattle inspected and approved by authorities. Now feck off'.

Any anonomyous reporting shouldn't be acted on.

I wouldn't bother, I wouldn't give them the time, I've the same here, was always getting hassle in one division, now my tenant is so it wasn't just me they were after. I just ignore them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,260 ✭✭✭tanko

If a farmer is looking after their stock properly they've nothing to worry about.
    Surely it's better that they're checking, i'd imagine they get to know the hoax reports after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Reggie this post is not related to your situation.
    In fairness to the non farming public that have reported cases of animal neglect/cruelty, I often wonder after reading about such court cases in the media why the local farmers were not as concerned?

I personally know of a case some years ago in NCD where two lads out shooting pheasants came across horrendous scenes of pure neglect, starvation and inter & cross species cannibalism :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭Jb1989

tanko wrote: »
    If a farmer is looking after their stock properly they've nothing to worry about.
    Surely it's better that they're checking, i'd imagine they get to know the hoax reports after a while.

+1. i know reggie is a goods herdsman. But plenty others are not. To the untrained eye conditions can look poor but be not, but in some cases they are, and very poor at that.

I'm sure plenty of complaints has shed light on genuine cruelty, so as you said, if everyones houses are in order, then let the inspections continue. Herd owner doesnt even have to be in attendance, so no time lost from day job.

Inspections keep people on their toes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

wrangler wrote: »
    Like the trailer licenses, has anyone ever been checked on either of these issues
    I've never heard of either being checked up on

Yes I have had my BE licence checked a few times and was fined 4 weeks ago for not having a licence plate on the trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Farney Farmer

Anyone get an animal housing and manure management census from the CSO? Got 1 here. Can’t remember getting 1 before.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭GNWoodd

Just looked into that there. It could be possible

Highly unlikely that you will get a positive outcome from an FOI request.
    It will simply be refused as - information obtained in confidence ( section 35 )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭148multi

What will you do if the complaints keep coming.

148multi wrote: »

Where else can they complain to? They obviously feel they know better than the dept and the ispca

148multi wrote: »

Ah I know a few people in the right places

GNWoodd wrote: »
    Highly unlikely that you will get a positive outcome from an FOI request.
    It will simply be refused as - information obtained in confidence ( section 35 )

True but the information has to be given out if it effects you personally.

I'd make a complaint to the guards about harassment and slander. Once it's on the pulse system its official.

Might not get an answer but itll tighten the screw on dept and word would get round the locality also

It wasnt that they reported it as a field, they mentioned me by name I was told. That makes it personnel

• Advertisement

Could you borrow a tank from the other workplace, just for show?

ETTG quite good tonight. Three examples of people who think outside the herd and plough a different furrow with success.

Water John wrote: »
    Could you borrow a tank from the other workplace, just for show?

ETTG quite good tonight. Three examples of people who think outside the herd and plough a different furrow with success.

Plant it menacingly in the field :D

If anyone asks it's to control the crows

Some banger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭148multi

Ya know those little statues they give the gifted lads, could you get a life size one

Got a text from my bank yesterday, "We have noticed unusual activity on your account, please view it at *address*"

Clicked into the text, which appeared in the same "thread" of texts that my bank has always used.

Decided to check my account using their app, not the link in the text.

No unusual activity.

Have to say, they very nearly got me to click that link when I saw the text in the same "thread" as the other texts from my bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Got a text from my bank yesterday, "We have noticed unusual activity on your account, please view it at *address*"

Clicked into the text, which appeared in the same "thread" of texts that my bank has always used.

Decided to check my account using their app, not the link in the text.

No unusual activity.

Have to say, they very nearly got me to click that link when I saw the text in the same "thread" as the other texts from my bank.

Hoax, they have thousands taken off people around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Have been trying to buy a few Belted galloways to see how they would go around here.

A pair of April ‘20 heifers in fort mart tonight. Average weight 178kg made €990 each.

Some mix of animals at that mart. Blondes, aubracs, stabilisers, speckle parks along with the usual crew.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,528 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Base price wrote: »

Interesting that the rover has a drone helicopter on board to be used in the next few days.
    And total power of the rover is 110 watts powered by plutonium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Have been trying to buy a few Belted galloways to see how they would go around here.

A pair of April ‘20 heifers in fort mart tonight. Average weight 178kg made €990 each.

Some mix of animals at that mart. Blondes, aubracs, stabilisers, speckle parks along with the usual crew.

Serious twine there. Isnt there a herd of them on The Burren?

Better living everyone

Advertisement