Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,154 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Reggie. wrote: »
    I was. Council finished with me now so I'm off for the summer.

He's a good guy, he leaves the tractors in my yard at night for a week every month during the summer, then arrives with a massive hamper at Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,529 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

This lad was in a jeep. Big beard.

Heard someone say the migration has started from limerick to the UK.
    This could be just gathering up cash before Rosslare.

Not welcome. Especially now.

I was wrong about the UK.

Hello France! :pac:

https://twitter.com/Wexford_tweeter/status/1363527406427000833?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

wrangler wrote: »
    He's a good guy, he leaves the tractors in my yard at night for a week every month during the summer, then arrives with a massive hamper at Christmas.

I know sure I did it myself for a few days in nov

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

jimini0 wrote: »
    Bought a pair of cat boots a few years ago. $200 dollars. Comfortable and not bulky. If jeans or trousers are down over them you would think they were a shoe. Most money I ever spent on shoes

Aussie dollars or US? Ill give them a look.
    Also looking for a pair of Olivers workboots if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Any recomendations on a smart comfortable pair of boots wouldnt be worn on farm or on site and would need to be non steel toe cap TIA.

I have these and they will see me out!

https://www.hoggs.co.uk/footwear/country-shoes-and-boots/668r-rannoch-lace-boot

You might think they are expensive but Hoggs have them made by Cheney in Northampton and they are as good as it gets. You can have them resoled also.

They are a bit heavy but very comfortable.

I got them special order from McCarthys (now HPC) in Prosperous Huntingandfishing.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Rosahane wrote: »
    I have these and they will see me out!

https://www.hoggs.co.uk/footwear/country-shoes-and-boots/668r-rannoch-lace-boot

You might think they are expensive but Hoggs have them made by Cheney in Northampton and they are as good as it gets. You can have them resoled also.

They are a bit heavy but very comfortable.

I got them special order from McCarthys (now HPC) in Prosperous Huntingandfishing.ie

The hunting section in Mccarthy is excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Any recomendations on a smart comfortable pair of boots wouldnt be worn on farm or on site and would need to be non steel toe cap TIA.

bought a pair of snickers workboots a few months ago. about 100 euro but they are really comfy and light and lots of support. you wont notice the difference in them and a pair of nike runners.

The ones I have are steel cap but I am almost sure you can buy the same without steel cap and sole

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭jimini0

Aussie dollars or US? Ill give them a look.
    Also looking for a pair of Olivers workboots if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Us dollars. Was in Chicago visiting a few friends and visiting a few of my old watering holes. God so much had changed since I left 15 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Did ye see the race from Navan yesterday where the jockey lost his stirrups coming up to the first fence. He rode for 3 miles without stirrups over fences and won the race.
    https://www.racingtv.com/news/watch-hugh-morgan-performs-miracles-to-win-aboard-young-dev-at-navan-after-losing-irons?fbclid=IwAR3OhoZ63OZWuJEVw1pOqqEsxdHzYPqVIe9OeBd3lshcoMiOn7FxOy_gZcA

• Advertisement

Us dollars. Was in Chicago visiting a few friends and visiting a few of my old watering holes. God so much had changed since I left 15 years ago.

All ahead if me, even after returning to Christchurch and Rural NZ after two years and back into Sydney after time away already. Found Christchurch changed as there was more work done on the rebuild but still the same fellas drinking in the same pubs as before and nearly the exact same in the other places too.

Better living everyone

Gave up the fags (for the last time) back in early January, resting heartrate has dropped by 30BPM. Can only credit it to giving up smoking as im nof exceecising like when the gyms were open.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭jimini0

Gave up the fags (for the last time) back in early January, resting heartrate has dropped by 30BPM. Can only credit it to giving up smoking as im nof exceecising like when the gyms were open.

Fair play. Im down from 30 to less than 10. Can feel the breathing is a little easier my plan is to be off them by Easter. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Fair play for giving them up. A lad in Clare gave them up and took up running- ended up winning an ultra marathon in Antarctica about 5/6 years ago. When Covid is over- it might be a target for you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,529 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Did Luke Ming Flanagan murder or something someone in the past?

Seems like he's shouting away on Twitter about all and sundry and all media have blacked him out.
    Hasn't appeared on tv or radio since God knows when.

Poor fella is in his own empty echo chamber atm with just himself for company..

Fair play. Im down from 30 to less than 10. Can feel the breathing is a little easier my plan is to be off them by Easter. Fingers crossed.

You should look jnto the easyway method, i went to ome of the seminars a few years back even when i went back smoking everything i learned at it was running through my head with every drag i took. Did ye know it takes more effort to smoke a fag than to not smoke one?

Better living everyone

Fair play for giving them up. A lad in Clare gave them up and took up running- ended up winning an ultra marathon in Antarctica about 5/6 years ago. When Covid is over- it might be a target for you. :)

A fella tried to get me into strongman competitions in the latter half of last year but it wouldnt be for me. Jf j could get back playing a low grade of rugby and a nice bit of swimming this year and go from there id be happy enough

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭Suckler

Did Luke Ming Flanagan murder or something someone in the past?

Seems like he's shouting away on Twitter about all and sundry and all media have blacked him out.
    Hasn't appeared on tv or radio since God knows when.

Poor fella is in his own empty echo chamber atm with just himself for company..

Empty vessels etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

Has anyone seen Kiss the ground on netflix.

An interesting look at carbon sequestering in farming, and soil health

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Has anyone seen Kiss the ground on netflix.

An interesting look at carbon sequestering in farming, and soil health

Seen it last year, it should be mandatory viewing for all the hippy dippy vegans on the consequences of removing animals from the food chain, the clip where they show the barren tillage field and one of the farmers they are profiling fields on the other side of the fence line green and healthy says it all

• Advertisement

jaymla627 wrote: »
    Seen it last year, it should be mandatory viewing for all the hippy dippy vegans on the consequences of removing animals from the food chain, the clip where they show the barren tillage field and one of the farmers they are profiling fields on the other side of the fence line green and healthy says it all

Since when does common sense come into it

Here I was worried I was the hippy getting into regenerative farming. healthier soil less need to buy npk every year seems like a win win

• Registered Users Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Posted this on the Biofarm thread but very interesting here too. Mcdonalds looking at regenerative agriculture for its beef supply. This would make for an interesting public discussion on the contribution animals make to land, soil and carbon sequestration:
    https://www.farminguk.com/news/mcdonald-s-uk-launches-regenerative-grazing-project_57616.html?fbclid=IwAR1LMIbg9Itb3jPOtE2I9PfPV4QCp7j6t7CgxeDocC4n1gfWd8HOUfo2Xac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

I’m surprised there is something like that on Netflix. Most of them programmes are totally anti farming. Will check it out

I’m surprised there is something like that on Netflix. Most of them programmes are totally anti farming. Will check it out

same, the go vegan to save the world nonsense is hopefully falling out of favour

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭White Clover

same, the go vegan to save the world nonsense is hopefully falling out of favour

Sales of fake meat fell by 5% in January despite a big Veganuary campaign.

Sales of fake meat fell by 5% in January despite a big Veganuary campaign.

Usually the only stuff left in the shelves aswell after a rush in food. Few people want to eat that stuff it seems

Reggie. wrote: »
    Usually the only stuff left in the shelves aswell after a rush in food. Few people want to eat that stuff it seems

Having a few very strong advocates, doesn't make a market.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Tig98

Is suckling dead in the water? More dairy propaganda today in the farming indo, saying the subsidies for suckling should be for conversion to dairy.

Shur we all can't go into dairy. Surely the bubble will burst at some stage? Especially when its being so hyped

• Advertisement

Tig98 wrote: »
    Is suckling dead in the water? More dairy propaganda today in the farming indo, saying the subsidies for suckling should be for conversion to dairy.

Shur we all can't go into dairy. Surely the bubble will burst at some stage? Especially when its being so hyped

If they paid a fair price for the fat animal, there wouldn't be an issue.
    BTW, what idiot put their name to the piece?

Advertisement