Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭The Rabbi

Whist what?

How's that little loader of yours getting on?

Fierce handy,gets into the corners, saves a bit of work with the timber handled implement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭148multi

Gillespy wrote: »
    America is back! Barely a month in and dropping bombs in Syria. What a relief.

Didn't the orange menace drop a few in Syria

• Registered Users Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Did anyone else get a text from the department saying there is new correspondence for them on agfood?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭Dozer1

Got it here too I've a lease on entitlements in case that is it. Also used the calf reg app for the first time worked well I thought

We sent in our partnership application online yesterday. I thought it was something to do with that. But all I can see under correspondence is bps maps and forms. Everything to be paperless from now on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭grizzlyadams

whelan2 wrote: »
    Did anyone else get a text from the department saying there is new correspondence for them on agfood?

Got it too today, for meit was a bout the ol Beam scheme and to start totting ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Yep, I did.
    What's the story with it?
    Edit. Logged on there. BPS message.
    I stuck in the 2021 application while I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

Yeah, got one as well. Some correspondence under the correspondence section on Agfood...... EMS statement of entitlements for 2021, issued 25/02/21.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭Tileman

jimmy G M wrote: »
    Yeah, got one as well. Some correspondence under the correspondence section on Agfood...... EMS statement of entitlements for 2021, issued 25/02/21.

Yea I got it and took ages to find out what section it was. I thought it was I relation to tams application first. Then I thought it was I relation to sheep welfare scheme as I was emailing them about that during week. Eventually saw it was bps. They should have clarified in the text.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,226 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

This day 20 years ago was the start of the FMD outbreak in the UK.

A horrible time and horrible memories.

Just been reading this on the matter. Long but insightful:

https://www.private-eye.co.uk/pictures/special_reports/not-the-foot-and-mouth.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭orm0nd

yes the bps application, it's dated mar 1st

Tileman wrote: »
    They should have clarified in the text.

It would have done no harm, a lot didn't know what it was about, and then to get it on a Friday evening. I know my advisor was unreachable, only have an idea what it's for from here.

It would have done no harm, a lot didn't know what it was about, and then to get it on a Friday evening. I know my advisor was unreachable, only have an idea what it's for from here.

Ye, had my dad on to me about it too. He got the text as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

Just been reading this on the matter. Long but insightful:

https://www.private-eye.co.uk/pictures/special_reports/not-the-foot-and-mouth.pdf

Thread over on The Farming Forum dedicted to the subject. Harrowing for all those affected and even those not directly affected as they watched neighbouring farms go down.
    Horrible times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Has anyone used Physiolith to correct the PH?
    Would it be short term like gran-lime or longer effect like ground lime?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,531 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Has anyone used Physiolith to correct the PH?
    Would it be short term like gran-lime or longer effect like ground lime?

There's some using it here. Yearly job I think too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,531 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Anyone any experience of the Pruex products?
    Expensive. Very expensive but if it works..

Wrangler have you, used it?

https://www.pruex.co.uk/blogs/news/tagged/ahs

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭longgonesilver

The top rate of VAT is going back up from 21% to 23% at midnight on Sunday. It was reduced on September 1 for six months and there have been no announcements that it is being extended. The special 9% rate for hotels and restaurants is being extended.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,226 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

CHOPS01 wrote: »
    Thread over on The Farming Forum dedicted to the subject. Harrowing for all those affected and even those not directly affected as they watched neighbouring farms go down.
    Horrible times.

Yes. That's where I was reading and picked up the link.
    It was a ****e time and I'm glad it's over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭roosterman71

The special 9% rate for hotels and restaurants is being extended.

Easy extend that when most of them are doing the sum total of **** all. Once they all open again, watch it go back to 13% (it was 13 I think)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Good weather brings out the gob****es!

Rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

ganmo wrote: »

Rant over

Too fine a day for working all the same.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Rant over

I'll bite.......what happened

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Anyone recommend a crowd that make proper dog enclosures?

Need to get a proper one done... seem a few on donedeal, but like everything, you’d like to hear good reports about a crowd...

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭johnsparkexile

Anyone recommend a crowd that make proper dog enclosures?

Need to get a proper one done... seem a few on donedeal, but like everything, you’d like to hear good reports about a crowd...

Got 1 from Slaneyside Kennels last year, easy to deal with, good selection of runs. There on Donedeal but also have a good website. More than happy with what I got.

I have no connection to the business, just a happy customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Ard_MC

Got 1 from Slaneyside Kennels last year, easy to deal with, good selection of runs. There on Donedeal but also have a good website. More than happy with what I got.

I have no connection to the business, just a happy customer.

Found the same about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭The Rabbi

RTE,every second ad is an initative of our wonderful government to tell you to keep up the good work,keep 2m social distance,stay close to home and the last few days all their experts telling parents not to congregate at the school gates when schools reopen.Oh holy suffering folk,ten minutes of the lunch time news taken up with reporters hanging around school gates interviewing children and parents.You just gotta love it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

Reggie. wrote: »
    A the war machine has revved back up

I don't think it ever slowed down, just had a less effective driver for a while

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Mod note moved Bank of Ireland posts to a new thread

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=116445927#post116445927

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,784 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Rant over

Years ago I had my catalytic convertor stolen while it was parked at work. They did a few jeeps in the industrial estate that day. When a guard from the forensics department came to look at it, I said to him, that they were probably still stealing them. It was a couple of hours after they had stole it and it had started to rain.
    He smirked and goes ' Them boys don't work in the rain.'

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

Advertisement