Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Is it safe to give copper injection to cattle at turnout or should I leave a week between? I was told that copper can stress the animal for the first few days. I don’t know if it’s true. Thanks

Don't have an answer, but would a bolus be an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭memorystick

Water John wrote: »
    Don't have an answer, but would a bolus be an option?

I have the bottles bought and will inject at weekend. Bolus not an option as I’m on my own and too many to do. Lazy as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭White Clover

I have the bottles bought and will inject at weekend. Bolus not an option as I’m on my own and too many to do. Lazy as well.

Do you inject into the top of the neck using a long needle? I always found that tricky enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,784 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I see there is another video now of jockey Rob James on a dead horse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgPgMo1vd-k

'Mobile phones, but men in mobile homes.'

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Odelay

I see there is another video now of jockey Rob James on a dead horse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgPgMo1vd-k

'Mobile phones, but men in mobile homes.'

What is all the fuss about?? He put one leg over, most of his weight was on the left leg on the ground and the horse was dead?? Five seconds of a mistake In 20+ years of life and the lad is all over the news.
    I’ve made plenty of five second poor taste decisions. Remember laughing about something at my dads funeral with my sisters but thankfully no cameras there. There was no disrespect, just one of those things in a time of grief.
    If the horse was dragged about, hit or left out in the open for days, then yes that would be disrespectful but not this. Just five seconds of silliness.

• Advertisement

Do you inject into the top of the neck using a long needle? I always found that tricky enough.

Deep into neck. Not too many lumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,531 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Odelay wrote: »
    What is all the fuss about?? He put one leg over, most of his weight was on the left leg on the ground and the horse was dead?? Five seconds of a mistake In 20+ years of life and the lad is all over the news.
    I’ve made plenty of five second poor taste decisions. Remember laughing about something at my dads funeral with my sisters but thankfully no cameras there. There was no disrespect, just one of those things in a time of grief.
    If the horse was dragged about, hit or left out in the open for days, then yes that would be disrespectful but not this. Just five seconds of silliness.

It's gone beyond stupid at this stage.
    Total witchhunt.

You could see what Rob was at there. He'd have massive experience with machinery and loaders so was probably just watching the loader man that he was doing everything ok.
    Then when he wasn't making much progress with the dead horse. Larked that he'd be quicker riding the horse out himself. That's the way I took it and you could see it in his face when he did it that he thought better of it with those around him.

All these snowflakes will have a total meltdown when they see the next video of the body being skinned.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Thing is people have nothing better to be doing at the minute only criticising the slightest thing

• Registered Users Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Reggie. wrote: »
    Thing is people have nothing better to be doing at the minute only criticising the slightest thing

Any update on who reported you?

The people who are offended the most are also the ones who would have campaigned vigorously for abortion. The mind is a very fickle thing.

• Advertisement

whelan2 wrote: »
    Any update on who reported you?

Nah I'll hold fire till next winter as I'm guessed it will be business as usual then again

The people who are offended the most are also the ones who would have campaigned vigorously for abortion. The mind is a very fickle thing.

Or the ones hoping for a dump of snow so it's pretty to look out at it not having to fight through it to feed animals even tho they would be the first to cast a stone at farmers for abusing thier animals

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

ah now what wrong with abortion?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭Water John

ah now what wrong with abortion?

People have strong opinions on the matter as we found out the last time the matter was raised here. The Constitution and Law on the matter in Ireland is now settled and no politiican will look at the issue again for a generation. So no point in a discussion here. Move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Brought youngest for his dental check up. He missed out in sixth class and they are now doing them as first years. He has to go back to get a filling. I stupidly said will it be the same drill next time,meaning the same protocol. The dentist started going on we don't use drills anymore.. .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

I feel the people shouting the loudest are the same keyboard warriors that would be sharing mental health and anti bullying statuses online. Or would have said how terrible Caroline flack was treated online.
    If the owners of the horse moved on from it I don’t really see it being anyone else’s business. Different story of the horse was mistreated while alive
    Edit: or another thing, these same people would be disgusted at the thought of skinning a dead calf or lamb for fostering it on to a cow/ewe. Can’t see the greater good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

I feel the people shouting the loudest are the same keyboard warriors that would be sharing mental health and anti bullying statuses online. Or would have said how terrible Caroline flack was treated online.
    If the owners of the horse moved on from it I don’t really see it being anyone else’s business. Different story of the horse was mistreated while alive

I think it was a massive lapse in judgement on elliots part and something he will/should be banned for. I dont necessarily see whats being gained by the witch hunt at this stage... but i think whoever is releasing the pic and threatening to release videos is obviously disgruntled at something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Kevhog1988 wrote: »
    I think it was a massive lapse in judgement on elliots part and something he will/should be banned for. I dont necessarily see whats being gained by the witch hunt at this stage... but i think whoever is releasing the pic and threatening to release videos is obviously disgruntled at something.

Would agree Kev.

But the fact he waved at the camera wouldn't make me have any sympathy for him...

Would agree Kev.

But the fact he waved at the camera wouldn't make me have any sympathy for him...

Not necessarily sympathy but i think its up to the racing authorities to decide the ban. What he did was wrong and reflects badly but its going to impact a large number of people if the yard closes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Missed the start of it but looks like Sandra and friends are off again on Liveline about "murdering children" :eek:

Doesn't look like she's getting much traction...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=116465592

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭longgonesilver

I think that has been running on and off since Monday. A caller rang in complaining about a Go vegan poster about murdering children which meant that he was going to have to make a detour going to school to avoid it. He found the language used offensive.

Kevhog1988 wrote: »

Word is that its an ex employee

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Word I heard is that he was caught with a young one, by his girlfriend.
    Fight between the women ensued, with the girlfriend coming off the worst.
    "Hell hath no fury, like a woman scorned"

Allegedly...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

I wonder is he/she behind the other stuff coming out on social media - makes those stables sound like the last days of Soddom and Gomorah!!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Sodom and Begorragh!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,531 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Horsey people were always a bit gamey!!

Sure wasn't Ted Walsh caught riding some mother in a bumper in Tramore.

Horsey people were always a bit gamey!!

Sure wasn't Ted Walsh caught riding some mother in a bumper in Tramore.

Used to be big into horses in my teens, wanted to be a jockey until I had a growth spurt. Was out hunting once and there was a girl a few years older than me on a horse who was absolutely exhausted after a hard day. I said to her "jasus he looks tired" and she replied "if you were between my legs for 4 hours you'd be tired too" 😂😂😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭148multi

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Word I heard is that he was caught with a young one, by his girlfriend.
    Fight between the women ensued, with the girlfriend coming off the worst.
    "Hell hath no fury, like a woman scorned"

Allegedly...

From what I hear there is a few disgruntled ex employees, the word strong was used.
    Sound's like he's a hard man for the ladies to work for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

Birdnuts wrote: »
    I wonder is he/she behind the other stuff coming out on social media - makes those stables sound like the last days of Soddom and Gomorah!!:confused:

Horsey people have always had a bit of that in them, probably the bit of old ascendancy genetics in them driving them mad

• Advertisement

148multi wrote: »
    From what I hear there is a few disgruntled ex employees, the word strong was used.
    Sound's like he's a hard man for the ladies to work for.

Local girl to here worked for him and said it was a great place and a great setup.

Advertisement