Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

jimini0 wrote: »
    Haha

This times 1000

• Registered Users Posts: 29,544 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Anyone watch the Harry and Meghan ****e on tv last night. I went to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

whelan2 wrote: »
    I was watching it with herself, had to leave after 30 mins!

whelan2 wrote: »

No I didn’t- zero interest in it. I wonder how long will the monarchy last in this woke society?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,117 ✭✭✭emaherx

jimini0 wrote: »
    Haha

546307.jpg

:D

I just tie mine back, haven't been to a barber in years, I just get the wife to cut a few inches off when it starts to limit my ability to move my head if I'm lying on my back under a machine. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

kevthegaff wrote: »
    I was watching it with herself, had to leave after 30 mins!

See there's talk that Oprah had what looks like an ankle bracelet on her. Could see a bulge in on of her boots

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

No I didn’t- zero interest in it. I wonder how long will the monarchy last in this woke society?

hopefully not much longer,

Why any irish person cares about the is beyond me. One week we're remembering someone who died fighting the brits the next we're gushing over the monarchy we fought to get rid.

One of the more bizarre parts of our post colonial mindset

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭straight

Why any irish person cares about the is beyond me. One week we're remembering someone who died fighting the brits the next we're gushing over the monarchy we fought to get rid.

Peoples obsession with "celebrities" always amaze me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Sure we all love the gossip 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Tig98

I wouldn't think its that odd. I watched it to get an insight into what their life was like in the Royal family, and because I believe its the beginning of a huge and very public ****storm that will cost the monarchy a lot of support. It piggybacks nicely on the back of the black lives matter movement and we'll definitely be hearing some kind of rebuttal soon. They were already spooked before the interview aired and they released statements saying Meghan forced some PAs to quit and drove them near suicide...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Was spreading slurry yesterday and going the finest. I'd stopped in the shop for a cup of coffee and bought myself a packet of lemon bonbons. Been an absolute age since I'd had them and I treated myself.

I was nibbling away, 1 per load so as not to get fat. Once the lemon bit is gone, yer left with a hard centre. No problem, I have teeth. Was tipping across the field and must have hit a rabbit hole or something. Bit of the sweet left my gnashers and straight down my neck. And lodged. Holy moly did I panic.

Was failing to get it out so hopped off the tractor and bent over to try release it. No luck. In sheer desperation, I jumped and landed flat on my belly and the shock of it popped out my bonbon. I lay there for a minute. Then realised I'd jumped into ****e already spread. Not cool to be covered in ****e. Abandoned the tractor and walked back to the yard where the car was. I'd some running gear in that so gave myself a quick hose down and put on shorts and a t shirt then to finish the day.

Such a simple thing to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

Was spreading slurry yesterday and going the finest. I'd stopped in the shop for a cup of coffee and bought myself a packet of lemon bonbons. Been an absolute age since I'd had them and I treated myself.

I was nibbling away, 1 per load so as not to get fat. Once the lemon bit is gone, yer left with a hard centre. No problem, I have teeth. Was tipping across the field and must have hit a rabbit hole or something. Bit of the sweet left my gnashers and straight down my neck. And lodged. Holy moly did I panic.

Was failing to get it out so hopped off the tractor and bent over to try release it. No luck. In sheer desperation, I jumped and landed flat on my belly and the shock of it popped out my bonbon. I lay there for a minute. Then realised I'd jumped into ****e already spread. Not cool to be covered in ****e. Abandoned the tractor and walked back to the yard where the car was. I'd some running gear in that so gave myself a quick hose down and put on shorts and a t shirt then to finish the day.

Such a simple thing to happen

Haha, Rooster I was laughing to myself reading that thinking you were about to say you got into the car and headed home for a change. I was thinking he'd sooner cover the car seats in sh*te than dirty the nice Fendt...
    (In fairness so would I if I had it)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,536 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Didn't watch Harry, Meghan and Oprah last night.

What breed of hens had they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

gozunda wrote: »
    Don't know if this was posted in a while. Anyways posting it now because its after dinner on a Sunday ;)

https://youtu.be/QchwVJAftyM

:D:D:D
    That did me good for one anyway.

Met a neighbour yesterday who took to driving late in life. When he was taking lessons the instructor asked him what he was most afraid of meeting on the road? "A lip reader" came the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Didn't watch Harry, Meghan and Oprah last night.

What breed of hens had they?
    A commercially bred Leghorn. They lay a white egg.

Just in from tb testing and johnes testing. The vet had 2 student vets with her doing the bloods. I thought we would be all day but they sped up after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

:D:D:D
    That did me good for one anyway.

That line where he goes 'and they looked down the subs bench and no one there but me' had me in stitches. We've all been there.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Tig98

Base price wrote: »
    A commercially bred Leghorn. They lay a white egg.

Yeah in America white eggs are normal, and people dislike brown. I remember getting plated up a bowl of scrambled egg out there and I genuinely thought the eggs must have gone off, it was good luck another Irish person at the table gave me a dig into the ribs and told me shut up and eat them before I said anything out loud.

Generally the food out there is very poor quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭Water John

I think the white egg breeds tend to be about 10% more prolific. The system in America taught the consumer to like them.

• Advertisement

Tig98 wrote: »
    Yeah in America white eggs are normal, and people dislike brown. I remember getting plated up a bowl of scrambled egg out there and I genuinely thought the eggs must have gone off, it was good luck another Irish person at the table gave me a dig into the ribs and told me shut up and eat them before I said anything out loud.

Generally the food out there is very poor quality.

We ate in a variety of restaurants over there and found quality to be inferior to here. Everything large too.

We were in a 4 star hotel and the oh decided to have fruit one morning and it was laced with sugar.

Nothing nicer than the sound of mouse traps going off in the attic at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭I says

Reggie. wrote: »

Ya might get to stroke the pussy now as a thanks.:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Hmm - so which character is you? ;)

https://youtu.be/wbpAUNNxwuI

We've had one rat this winter which has managed to escape a resident mouser aka 'mean tom' plus live traps and bait..

I've ran out of ideas at this stage ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

front page of the local paper is a story about dead calves being dumped, had a proplem with someone doing the same down the road from me a few years back.

some lads shouldn't have stock

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

front page of the local paper is a story about dead calves being dumped, had a proplem with someone doing the same down the road from me a few years back.

some lads shouldn't have stock

Lambs dumped in a river featuring in the news here

Imagine the effort they have to go to to dump them.

Just had a big curried chips. God I feel like a fat bastard

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Tell me about it. I'm after polishing off a 12" meat pizza. I've a craving for something sweet now. Tea slice of brack and a few choc digestive will sort that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Just had a big curried chips. God I feel like a fat bastard

ooooh ahhhh.

Advertisement