Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Have a calf with a hard navel
    What’s the best treatment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Have a calf with a hard navel
    What’s the best treatment?

Synalox injection and bathed in warm salty water here.

Jb1989 wrote: »
    Synalox injection and bathed in warm salty water here.

Thanks have only Betamox LA
    How soon would it turn to joint ill?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭Jb1989

I'm not sure on time. Sooner the better with relief either way

• Registered Users Posts: 29,544 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

You need to inject for a week at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,536 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

There were posters on here before wondering about boron and what this alien mineral means in the grand scheme of things.

https://twitter.com/ntsaustralia/status/1369733692097232901?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Reggie. wrote: »
    Just had a big curried chips. God I feel like a fat bastard

Need a battered sausage with it too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Bit of an Oops moment for all the Liberal Leftie Greens

It appears that Colorado’s legalised cannabis regime is a bigger threat to the Planet than it’s coal mines ��

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2270366-colorados-legal-cannabis-farms-emit-more-carbon-than-its-coal-mines/#ixzz6oeB13atk

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Great coordination from this young lady.

https://twitter.com/rftte/status/1369552044046970886?s=20

Rosahane wrote: »
    legalised cannibals

Fava beans and Chianti for all :eek:

• Advertisement

Jb1989 wrote: »
    I'm not sure on time. Sooner the better with relief either way

Thankfully it’s a double navel, and not hard navel

Ah in fairness. Legalizing cannibalism is a carbon reduction measure.
    Eamon Ryan is probably taking notes.
    To be discussed next week with Cara Augustenberg on Newstalk.
    Hear it out first before deciding on the side dressings. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Bit of an Oops moment for me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

It appears that Colorado’s legalised cannibals regime is a bigger threat to the Planet than it’s coal mines ��

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2270366-colorados-legal-cannabis-farms-emit-more-carbon-than-its-coal-mines/#ixzz6oeB13atk

an unforeseen consequence (in hindsight it should have been obvious that all the indoor grow houses would be big energy users) of a good policy.

No need to throw the baby out with the bathwater tough, that'd be like saying we need to get rid of cows because they're a major part of irelands emissions.

Come the eventual legalisation in ireland, it could be a very profitable use of an old shed, a few lights, a water supply and easy money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

Tell me about it. I'm after polishing off a 12" meat pizza. I've a craving for something sweet now. Tea slice of brack and a few choc digestive will sort that.
    You'll need a feed of oranges to clear that.
    ;)

Depends on what antibiotics work on your farm, in my experience. Pen strep used to cure navels here, betamox would have been a step up and used for joint I'll, god forbid. If it's long acting, LA, use every second day. 2 shots should do but maybe ring your vet?
    If you've any interest in non antibiotic treatments, if it's not weeping yet, the homeopathic remedy Hepar Sulph 200c cures them completely in a day or two here now.

It appears that Colorado’s legalised cannabis regime is a bigger threat to the Planet than it’s coal mines ��

I was thinking lately that legalisation might ease some of the lockdown generated crankiness and angst in a lot of people these times... man.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭Water John

For all of you of a certain age, Lou Ottens 94, inventor of the cassette tape has died:
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/11/lou-ottens-inventor-of-the-cassette-tape-dies-aged-94

Watch out for yourselves folks.

I've never had a travelling salesperson call here for years since they never had any luck with sales here.
    I had a sales person call in before a boarding on the Rosslare ferry a short while ago.
    And now I've had another today from two different vehicles. One in a Ford focus blowing his horn who f**ked off with himself and another in a jeep in the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Watch out for yourselves folks.

I've never had a travelling salesperson call here for years since they never had any luck with sales here.
    I had a sales person call in before a boarding on the Rosslare ferry a short while ago.
    And now I've had another today from two different vehicles. One in a Ford focus blowing his horn who f**ked off with himself and another in a jeep in the afternoon.

Put up a proper gate in the place. Have you a good dog?

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement

Put up a proper gate in the place. Have you a good dog?

I have a proper gate but it just happened to be opened.
    Dog is ok when it's awake.

Travelling people just seem to be in the county more now and travelling to farms before boarding the ferry. These are people that''ve never been here or I've never seen before.
    Not that I know travellers but they're not local.

My father met the second lot today selling floodlights.
    I told him he should have told them he was positive with covid and start coughing his lungs up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭straight

I have a proper gate but it just happened to be opened.
    Dog is ok when it's awake.

Travelling people just seem to be in the county more now and travelling to farms before boarding the ferry. These are people that''ve never been here or I've never seen before.
    Not that I know travellers but they're not local.

My father met the second lot today selling floodlights.
    I told him he should have told them he was positive with covid and start coughing his lungs up.

Sure ninety something percent of travellers are unemployed. U must have been very unlucky to meet the couple that actually work.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Travelling people just seem to be in the county more now and travelling to farms before boarding the ferry..

On their way home after visiting Carrick on Shannon ....

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/up-300-mourners-attend-traveller-23690534.amp?fbclid=IwAR05STDKEvOBGmr5s4WkGG7zPfDvRLBPXweDiL0IxoqpnxSuVmD1M9mrS6Q&__twitter_impression=true

Nekarsulm wrote: »

I wouldn't say they'll be going home for a few days yet. Sure haven't they to quarantine on arrival here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

whelan2 wrote: »
    I wouldn't say they'll be going home for a few days yet. Sure haven't they to quarantine on arrival here?

That rule is only for people who follow rules.

Easy to find the quiet people. That photo inside the church is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭148multi

straight wrote: »
    Sure ninety something percent of travellers are unemployed. U must have been very unlucky to meet the couple that actually work.

Ah now most of them do voluntary work and they all have an essential job to do first thing every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,117 ✭✭✭emaherx

This conversation is crossing the line from discussing cold caller traveling salesmen to general traveller bashing. Please think before you post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Another heifer waiting for me this morning. Lovey speckled coloured. Off stock bull and A speckled park cow.

emaherx wrote: »
    This conversation is crossing the line from discussing cold caller traveling salesmen to general traveller bashing. Please think before you post.

Hold on now. Over 300 of them going into a church for a funeral, where under government guidelines say 10 people. I got called out as a racist on another forum for calling them travellers. They are the reason we will be in lockdown for much longer than necessary with this carry on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,117 ✭✭✭emaherx

whelan2 wrote: »
    Hold on now. Over 300 of them going into a church for a funeral, where under government guidelines say 10 people. I got called out as a racist on another forum for calling them travellers. They are the reason we will be in lockdown for much longer than necessary with this carry on

Plenty of other groups have taken the piss, with regards to funerals. Over 30,000 travellers not at that funeral also get the the blame?

I personally know hard working and well educated travellers, but they are judged by the same standards. I sometimes wonder why they have worked so hard to be part of a society which has them pre-judged.

Advertisement