Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Butcher Boy

whelan2 wrote: »
    The butcher boy is on rte2 at half 9
    A good film,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,260 ✭✭✭tanko

A good film,

Don't suppose you know where that lake at the start of the film is?

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Butcher Boy

tanko wrote: »
    Don't suppose you know where that lake at the start of the film is?[/QUOTE
    Sorry no I don't ,but nice looking spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭Base price

A good film,
    Jeez, I tried watching it on RTE many years ago and switched it off after about half an hour.

Base price wrote: »
    Jeez, I tried watching it on RTE many years ago and switched it off after about half an hour.

I've watched it a couple of times, tbh it's not for me either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

The butcher boy is on rte2 at half 9

A few lines fairly relevant to todays situation just now in it. "What did i do? What did i do to deserve this?"

Better living everyone

tanko wrote: »
    Don't suppose you know where that lake at the start of the film is?

Is it the same lake as was shown just now? Looks to be in tje Wicklow Mountains and has a connection to Guinness i believe. Never been yet but have seen posts about it in social media

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Is it the same lake as was shown just now? Looks to be in tje Wicklow Mountains and has a connection to Guinness i believe. Never been yet but have seen posts about it in social media

That's lough tay

Kevhog1988 wrote: »
    That's lough tay

Shaped like a loveheart?

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 9,260 ✭✭✭tanko

Yeah, i think so.
    It was a long walk from there to Clones for the boys :pac:

It's on private property apparently, i wonder are people allowed to visit there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Christ the Late Late Show is real cringe tv now. That Tubridy is as fake as they come.
    Gay Byrne must be turning in his grave.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

Have an ad on donedeal and was being plagued with someone prank calling me all evening. They forgot to hide their number so I'm going to ring them every time I'm up during the night for the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Have an ad on donedeal and was being plagued with someone prank calling me all evening. They forgot to hide their number so I'm going to ring them every time I'm up during the night for the next few weeks.

Don’t you forget to hide your number :)

Don’t you forget to hide your number :)

Might post an ad for a hiace free to take away and put their number on it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Might post an ad for a hiace free to take away and put their number on it

Phone Number for donedeal needs verification by text now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Christ the Late Late Show is real cringe tv now. That Tubridy is as fake as they come.

It and Ryan aren't that bad patsy. Shocking despair and negativity online about everything atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

I get that anytime I place an add on the farming section, thick pretend hillbilly accent.

The devil makes work for idle hands to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

God be good to Gay but his fakeness was very genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,544 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Blow a whistle down the line

I get that anytime I place an add on the farming section, thick pretend hillbilly accent.

The devil makes work for idle hands to do.

Strange fella altogether, asking me did the ram have a big c**k.... and it wasnt a young lad either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,538 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Strange fella altogether, asking me did the ram have a big c**k.... and it wasnt a young lad either.

Wouldn't you love to out him on one of the farming groups on Facebook.

There is an Irish phone nuissance registry. Can't find it now. But I googled a phone number that was ringing here in the morning a while back. Turns out lots of people across the country were getting calls from this number and it was a scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭148multi

You just never know what turns some lads on😘😘😘

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

148multi wrote: »
    You just never know what turns some lads on������

It's always been a female voice, not teenage either, you can hear giggles in the background. I often wondered if it was the donedeal crowd taking the piss to while away the evening hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭roosterman71

What would ye recommend to burst up the ground? Have a couple of spots in fields now that are gone fierce hard. Problem is it's the top of a field and the driest part and it's where bales are brought to for loading a couple of times a year. It's not low lying and I see water sitting on the top of the ground lately even though it's the highest part of the field. Something to just loosen it up without having to go reseed it or pull up stones would be super

What would ye recommend to burst up the ground? Have a couple of spots in fields now that are gone fierce hard. Problem is it's the top of a field and the driest part and it's where bales are brought to for loading a couple of times a year. It's not low lying and I see water sitting on the top of the ground lately even though it's the highest part of the field. Something to just loosen it up without having to go reseed it or pull up stones would be super

Deep ripper/Subsoiler. Only works in dry conditions.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 29,544 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Was writing on my mother's day card for my mother. The wording on the card is irish. Looked at the back of the card. Made in China :P

Was writing on my mother's day card for my mother. The wording on the card is irish. Looked at the back of the card. Made in China :P

Got a card with the Gaeilge myself. Only one that didn't say "Mum" or "Mummy". Mother gets disgusted seeing that written on cards she gets

• Registered Users Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Do you think its compaction from the loading tractor and the bale trailer? That compaction would be down a few inches or could it be capping as in the top of the ground gone hard, which is a different problem and solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Murray Walker has passed away. Great voice matched to his great passion for the sport made him best ever to do it. What a great life he must have had especially the time he did it with so many great characters around back them.

• Advertisement

Water John wrote: »
    Do you think its compaction from the loading tractor and the bale trailer? That compaction would be down a few inches or could it be capping as in the top of the ground gone hard, which is a different problem and solution.

Yeah that's it. No livestock on it except sheep in the Autumn. Slurry spread, then all the baling gear and bale loading.

Advertisement