Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

Water John wrote: »
    Want to open the debate again on whether it's a hurl or a hurley?

There’s no debate to be had!!!!

It’s clearly a Hurley

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭Odelay

Any of ye have this type of NC sweeper or any other make of them? Are they a good job? Fairly straightforward or any issues with them?

Used similar. Works great once dirt is a little wet and brushes are not worn. Check out the price of new brushes before buying.

Just noticed, no wheels for the brush only the chains? Need wheels or else the brushes will wear out quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭emaherx

Panch18 wrote: »
    There’s no debate to be had!!!!

You have clearly come to the wrong place :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭Good loser

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Alot of spruce plantations in the West are near right offs due to windthrow, poor sighting and planting. Indeed a forestry guy we had on our place looking at a site I wanted to do for the native woodland scheme said many areas in the NW will probably not be re-planted. Alot of the stuff that comes out of spruce plantations that you see being transported around the country appears to be of little use for anything other than cheap pulp

The large, successful and expanding saw mill sector, from the data/tables published (until the recent hiccup with felling licences) has an adequate supply of logs. Obviously there must be enough successful plantations.
    Before the switch to Sitka the Lodgepole Pine plantings were disastrous for form and windthrow - in those days Coillte did virtually all the planting, quite a lot on bogland.

It could be put this way Sitka is to forestry in this country as grass is to agriculture.

In recent years the Forest Service has dissallowed the cutting of deep enough drains (barely a foot in places) when sites are mounded, so when the trees get to any size they topple easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,777 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Whatever it is, knew plastic ones were on the market but see Torpeys are making ones with bamboo. Now what will we call them?

Cú Chulainn must be turning in his grave.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

zKMoTcl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,066 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Glanbia tried to charge me €47 for a box of milking gloves yesterday. I nearly fainted from the shock!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

zKMoTcl.jpg

I reckon they must be Munster cows at Halloween Buford. Sure there's the Galtees in the background :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Glanbia tried to charge me €47 for a box of milking gloves yesterday. I nearly fainted from the shock!

Did ya give them back

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

https://www.thejournal.ie/donald-trump-dispute-election-result-5248420-Nov2020/

Real fears of dictatorship style behaviour from Trump next week.

If I read this about Putin I’d shake my head and say we expected no difference. But from an American President it’s something people thought would never happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

_Brian wrote: »

If I read this about Putin I’d shake my head and say we expected no difference. But from an American President it’s something people thought would never happen.

It doesn't help that their election process is unusual, in that one candidate can poll millions of votes more than the other, and still lose.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    It doesn't help that their election process is unusual, in that one candidate can poll millions of votes more than the other, and still lose.

Yea.
    I was rereading the college system rules there. Even within the individual states the rules can vary.

I can't quite remember the question, but I did see video where he was asked basically would he respect the election outcome and the answer was yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,066 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Reggie. wrote: »
    Did ya give them back

I did and got a box of mullinahone gloves for €16 instead.

They said the price had shot up because of covid

I can't quite remember the question, but I did see video where he was asked basically would he respect the election outcome and the answer was yes.

I think I saw that, I think he said he would respect it if it’s fair, presuming his version of fair.

I did and got a box of mullinahone gloves for €16 instead.

They said the price had shot up because of covid

I normally order a box of 10 boxes at a time and get them at a good rate. I could only get one box at a time for a while back in April/May but they're certainly more available again now though the price has shot up due to demand from hospitals.

Pure and utter propaganda, it amazes me that trash like that ever gets a platform

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Blanchguy

I normally order a box of 10 boxes at a time and get them at a good rate. I could only get one box at a time for a while back in April/May but they're certainly more available again now though the price has shot up due to demand from hospitals.

Price from the factory has more than doubled, if you can get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Used to be able to get 10 boxes for 89 euro on magenta direct. For some reason magenta won't accept payment from me for anything on line for about a year now. Tried different cards but still wont go through.

whelan2 wrote: »
    Used to be able to get 10 boxes for 89 euro on magenta direct. For some reason magenta won't accept payment from me for anything on line for about a year now. Tried different cards but still wont go through.

I'd get mine off a different section of the same company. Unfortunately, they have no problems taking money out of my card:D

• Advertisement

Panch18 wrote: »
    Pure and utter propaganda, it amazes me that trash like that ever gets a platform

Wasn’t propaganda when on national television he told his “proud boys” to “stand back and stand by”

That’s a president of the US using military language speaking directly to a hate group asking them to be ready.

Wasn’t propaganda when on national television he told his “proud boys” to “stand back and stand by”

That’s a president of the US using military language speaking directly to a hate group asking them to be ready.

And hasn’t Biden openly supported the black lives matter movement who are literally holding an area of an American city hostage

• Registered Users Posts: 21,433 ✭✭✭✭Water John

BLM tend not have semi automatics when marching. It's like Leo or Michael looking beyond the official forces of the State.

BLM tend not have semi automatics when marching. It's like Leo or Michael looking beyond the official forces of the State.

Oh really, are you sure about that now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭Gillespy

What kind of gun was used on that congressional baseball game? Funny how little news that made. Meanwhile we are supposed to fear Trump and what that side will do and ignore what's actually happening. Imagine falling for these stories after 2016 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

I think it’s a sad state that the only two you can choose from are those two.

In that televised debate- trump did say he would denounce no problem and after that phrase his wording was wrong, either loaded or not. Biden still hasn’t denounced BLM when there was violence.

Biden telling Trump to shut up was not optimum either- imagine loosing your cool in a high pressure situation.

Everyone said the world would end the second trump got the launch codes, and it still hasn’t happened.

The far right are so far right and the far left are so far left, they are nearly side by side.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭thetiredfarmer

Any of ye have this type of NC sweeper or any other make of them? Are they a good job? Fairly straightforward or any issues with them?
    Yes I have one a good 8 years now. Like everything else the bigger the tractor the better it operates. I work mine on a 6920 jd and it sweeps very well while working in reverse, I have to set the brush at what I think is a good height before engaging the brush motor and then I haven't enough oil flow to lift the box while the brush is running.Also the transport box holds very little muck or dirt and if you don't empty it very very often it will just leave lines of muck after it. It does the job but it's a very time consuming slow progress type of job.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Long story short I nicked a bag of eco urea yesterday when reversing the diet feeder. The bag belongs to a neighbour and is left over from a delivery he got earlier on. The neighbour doesn't have a front loader so he sometimes gets large bags of fert delivered to us and either OH or I lift the bags with the 50b so he can fill the spreader. I phoned him when it happened and he said it's no good to him cause he has all his slurry out and for us to use it. I think it's about 300kg. The grains are just about spilling out from the plastic lining but I don't think I can plug the hole properly and I reckon the outer bag will tear if I try lifting it to move it into a shed.
    Is it too late to spread it next week when the weather dries up. I have a couple of dry fields (20 odd acres) that have been grazed tight so I could put it on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,509 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Base price wrote: »
    Long story short I nicked a bag of eco urea yesterday when reversing the diet feeder. The bag belongs to a neighbour and is left over from a delivery he got earlier on. The neighbour doesn't have a front loader so he sometimes gets large bags of fert delivered to us and either OH or I lift the bags with the 50b so he can fill the spreader. I phoned him when it happened and he said it's no good to him cause he has all his slurry out and for us to use it. I think it's about 300kg. The grains are just about spilling out from the plastic lining but I don't think I can plug the hole properly and I reckon the outer bag will tear if I try lifting it to move it into a shed.
    Is it too late to spread it next week when the weather dries up. I have a couple of dry fields (20 odd acres) that have been grazed tight so I could put it on them.
    There's no real point now.
    It'll leach before the grass gets favourable conditions to grow proper.

Let it into your slurry tank and spread in the spring with the slurry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Quick question. I’ve a heifer booked for slaughter with an abattoir in west Clare for the freezer. Just looked at her dob and she will be 31 months. Does it make any difference or do I need to call the butcher to check anything.

Advertisement