Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭Grueller

I'd imagine every filling station locally has a green diesel pump, I have a tank at the house and work from that (for the tractor only mind) but lots of lads get it from the forecourt as needed so there's plenty of demand. He could drink it from the pump for all I care but it's not a great plan filling directly on the fore court in full view of passing traffic.

Local man here has driven on it for 50 years. He tells everyone that he does as he says whenever there is a checkpoint he gets a multitude of warnings.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,543 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Hiace drivers. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Lets not moraliz too much over the green diesel users in the wrong vehicle. Countries awash with tractors involved in non agricultural construction related activities on the roads.

Doubt its the white stuff in use there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭straight

Hiace drivers. :pac:

Evenflow? Some pilot in the hiace.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

Grueller wrote: »
    Local man here has driven on it for 50 years. He tells everyone that he does as he says whenever there is a checkpoint he gets a multitude of warnings.

That's brilliance in fairness. Sure enough if I met a customs check point I'd have a fair idea who'd need a head's up and who would pass without issue. If I was running on green I'd keep it a secret and of course would be told nothing about the check point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

A friend of mine has the car & the Jeep running on green from the tank in yard. The accountant asked him last year was he doing contracting as there was that much green used. So my lad said no, but told the accountant what he was using it for. The accountant would only let him out in half the invoices as he said it could flag as something with revenue that so much was used & bring on an audit...
    I have heard it said that some places around here have been caught sell green out of the white pump, so if lads get caught locally they tell the customs they bought it in such & such filling station..

• Registered Users Posts: 29,548 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Cul camps are now open for booking. We were texted late Tuesday night to tell us. Other clubs didn't tell parents and they are sold out in some cases. Might be worth checking on the site if your kids are going this year

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

whelan2 wrote: »
    Cul camps are now open for booking. We were texted late Tuesday night to tell us. Other clubs didn't tell parents and they are sold out in some cases. Might be worth checking on the site if your kids are going this year

It's very optimistic to think it'll open, I see three people tested positive this morning in the quarantine hotels.
    Government is foolish to think of opening up anything for another three months.
    Nothing is safe yet

wrangler wrote: »
    It's very optimistic to think it'll open, I see three people tested positive this morning in the quarantine hotels.
    Government is foolish to think of opening up anything for another three months.
    Nothing is safe yet

Camps not on until july

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Camps not on until july

Isn't underage starting this month, Gatherings like that will only be superspreaders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

Camps not on until july

Must be only in certain counties. Just checked now when I saw your message and says no camps available in Clare

CHOPS01 wrote: »
    Must be only in certain counties. Just checked now when I saw your message and says no camps available in Clare

You'd think they'd put the whole lot up the one day. Some clubs are sold out already. This will be our last cul camp this year. I booked it, if it happens it happens. Same kit as last year

wrangler wrote: »
    Isn't underage starting this month, Gatherings like that will only be superspreaders

20 kids standing around local cross road would be more of a super spreader than a maximum of 15 underage kids in non contact outdoor training imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Ard_MC

I pulled up at the local filling station earlier for some much need chocolate and coke (of the coca cola variety before anyone jumps to conclusions). There was a young lad filling his audi out of the agri pump, it's one way to combat rising fuel cost's. I'd know a fair few yolks that would never see anything only green but they'd fill from a tank at the house or similar. I haven't seen anyone filling directly on the forecourt in a few year's.

Yellow plates on her i bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,260 ✭✭✭tanko

Ard_MC wrote: »

DL just as likely.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

Ard_MC wrote: »

Yellow plates but southern reg. Standard boy racer type, lowered, aerials, tinted window's ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Clare not up yet. They were a god send lady year. The GAA and soccer club locally is just mighty. Trying everything to keep the show on the road and following guidelines and our little lady all the better from it too.

Anyone know where I might get bulk sunflower seeds to plant. Thinking of doing 1/4 of an acre in a veg garden that I’m not going to use this year. Worst case scenario I’ll plant wild flower seeds.

Google seems to show up bird seed. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Anyone know where I might get bulk sunflower seeds to plant. Thinking of doing 1/4 of an acre in a veg garden that I’m not going to use this year. Worst case scenario I’ll plant wild flower seeds.

Google seems to show up bird seed. Thanks in advance.
    I was going to suggest https://www.fruithillfarm.com but I see that online orders are temporarily suspended until the 6th of April. They sell one and five kg packs of organic ones - https://www.fruithillfarm.com/sunflower-seeds-in-shell-organic.html
    Maybe phone them tomorrow and ask. I buy the phacelia seed for the wbc from them and find them excellent to deal with.

• Advertisement

Base price wrote: »
    I was going to suggest https://www.fruithillfarm.com but I see that online orders are temporarily suspended until the 6th of April. They sell one and five kg packs of organic ones - https://www.fruithillfarm.com/sunflower-seeds-in-shell-organic.html
    Maybe phone them tomorrow and ask. I buy the phacelia seed for the wbc from them and find them excellent to deal with.

Brilliant thank. Shur April 6th is only Around the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Tom Fouhy, Fermoy tillage farmer, grows 2 acres of sunflowers for the hospice.

Water John wrote: »
    Tom Fouhy, Fermoy tillage farmer, grows 2 acres of sunflowers for the hospice.

There was a lad in north Clare that was doing it too.

I got some Bank of England sterling to give to youngest when he heads to Scotland later on next week and was surprised that it's plastic money like the Australian dollar. I presume it lasts longer in circulation than our cotton money.

Base price wrote: »
    I got some Bank of England sterling to give to youngest when he heads to Scotland later on next week and was surprised that it's plastic money like the Australian dollar. I presume it lasts longer in circulation than our cotton money.

Ye I think it's like that a while. Is the exchange rate good at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Cionn80

Not great €1 =£0.85.

I got £500stg to help him on his way and it cost €597.92.

I remember going over a few years ago and the rate was €1 =65p. Terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

I remember going over a few years ago and the rate was €1 =65p. Terrible

That was before the crash in 09
    Up to the €150 was £100

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

When I bought land here a few years ago I got €1.35 to every £1 I transferred home

Advertisement