Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

We have a little Jack Russel here and since the Labrador dog next-door attacked him, we have to keep him locked up. It was my turn today to take him out for a short walk to do his business. When I opened the pen where he was, he wouldn't come out, cowering down and wouldn't move. Couldn't figure out what was wrong till I realised I had work gloves on and he taught he was getting washed. Off with the gloves and out he came :D

He wouldn't let me walk him towards the water tap either, would only go the other way around it. The gas thing is, I haven't washed him in over a year. :D

Must be like the sheep, they never forget the dipping either

• Registered Users Posts: 29,550 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

greysides wrote: »
    Lovely bright orange sun in a pale pink sky. Sun shining through dust.

Would love to have caught it on camera but I was driving and the phone just doesn't handle sunset colours correctly.

Brought the kids to oldbridge estate. Lovely grounds. So quiet , only birds singing, forget about covid for a while. Back to training etc next week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭Suckler

wrangler wrote: »
    .... probably a reflection of your character.
    Mod:

It's been a good argument but that's over the line. Stop!

First ones ok though?? got it, I'll edit my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭Base price

whelan2 wrote: »
    Lovely sunset out this evening
    I spent 20 odd minutes looking for the calf that I was worried about that was born last Sunday. I let the cow and him out for a nip of grass in a field beside the yard during the day to build up her milk as she is feeding two other calves. I eventually found him lying under an old tipping trailer in the yard that is half covered in briars. He must have made his way back into the yard sometime during the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭Water John

This is esp for Wrangler, who thinks the Irish PS are poor. Here's a guy in Italy, who hasn't been to work since 2005 and is still being paid:
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/apr/21/italian-king-of-absentees-allegedly-skipped-work-for-15-years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Lovely evening here

https://flic.kr/p/2kUbA3N

Odelay wrote: »
    1. Who determines they have broken the law? Is that for the police to do? I thought it was the courts?

2. No rights?? Are they not entitled to fair process?

I'm no leftist, but there has to be some bit of civility and fair process, without that the good are no better than the bad. Just because someone reaches a certain level doesn't mean the gloves are off.

It's that civility and fair process that encourages the lawbreakers. Criminals can give the finger to the guards now as they go to commit a crime

• Registered Users Posts: 9,732 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Water John wrote: »
    This is esp for Wrangler, who thinks the Irish PS are poor. Here's a guy in Italy, who hasn't been to work since 2005 and is still being paid:
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/apr/21/italian-king-of-absentees-allegedly-skipped-work-for-15-years

Oh to be Italian - great weather, great food, great art, great countryside and then theres the ladies......:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Reggie. wrote: »
    Well if you believe your first statement then you have a biased view on me straight away. How do you know what struggles I've had in my life and what I've done to get to where I am today. I've never seen any "white privilege" that you speak about. So from your explanation my house and all my machinery and such I would have gotten anyways whichever I worked hard or not just because I'm white and male.

This white privilege effort to be honest I don't know what to make of it and why anyone would even want to mention it. Everyone starts life the same way and what effort you put in is the success you get out of it.

Dont know what your trying to show in your first video. All it shows that the parents of the kids up the front stayed married, the father stayed at home and both parents provided for their kids. How does that translate to privilege?
    The parents of them kids worked hard and if that gives them a head start well that's down to the parents and not some privilege. It actually speaks poorly of the coloured community as the family unit isn't present I believe. Young mothers getting pregnant out of wedlock or young fathers abandoning the mother and child.

The second video just shows the cops pulling over a car due to the fact that they ran the number plate and no info came back and also they explained they couldn't see into the car so they pulled over the car to investigate as they explained the car could have been stolen.
    The occupant and police officer were both polite to each other and both complied with each others questions so again no issue there. Just because the female driver was a person of colour doesn't mean they tore up the road after her.

Makiah Byrant shooting was it justified yes our no

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Lovely sunset out this evening

A grand evening to be working late in it, bright till nearly 9 o clock with us and not long home now. Didnt put in as long a day since Oz and long may they keep coming.

Better living everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

About 4 months till its getting dark again for 9 o'clock. Enjoy.(shame to have to go to bed at all &then get up again. 7 days aweek,at this time of year)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Suckler wrote: »

.... probably a reflection of your character.
    Mod:

It's been a good argument but that's over the line. Stop!

First ones ok though?? got it, I'll edit my post.

Mod:
    Okay, hands up, I should have included Wrangler too.

Wrangler, consider yourself admonished too!

Just pull me up by PM next time though, please.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

ruwithme wrote: »
    About 4 months till its getting dark again for 9 o'clock. Enjoy.(shame to have to go to bed at all &then get up again. 7 days aweek,at this time of year)

6 days a week and 5 of them long ones af that for us at the moment. Theres enough short weeks in the year as if is we may as welll get as much out of this bursr of work as we can.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭I says

I like reading this page about farming not some **** that happens thousands of miles away. Fcuk away over to the social and politics page. Nobody is owed a living or otherwise in this country or others. If ya want something work for it and shut up whinging about someone or something holding you back.
    I remember a young fella in work who wouldn’t work to warm himself and he got called up by the boss to get the pep talk. During the course of it the boss said if you lose your job whose fault is it. Here are the answers in order he gave 1) looking at the boss it your fault.2) it’s my line managers fault, eventually the penny dropped.
    Get on with yer own life and stop worrying about what’s going on somewhere else.

Odelay wrote: »
    1. Who determines they have broken the law? Is that for the police to do? I thought it was the courts? As I said don't confuse law with justice

2. No rights?? Are they not entitled to fair process? They're entitled to nothing same as the way they treat their victims

I'm no leftist, but there has to be some bit of civility and fair process, without that the good are no better than the bad. Just because someone reaches a certain level doesn't mean the gloves are off.

Do you not get it, the carry on of the public service and the courts in this country encourages criminality.
    The ordinary people in this country have no one in their corner...... no rights at all according to our public service.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I got served a Jury Duty notice a couple of weeks back. Kinda put off filling in the form, as busy with other things. I said today I'd deffo fill it in. Was heading into the house and the postman arrived with a letter. I'm no longer required to serve. Whoever it was, must have plea bargained.
    Happy days. :cool:

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭2018na

I got served a Jury Duty notice a couple of weeks back. Kinda put off filling in the form, as busy with other things. I said today I'd deffo fill it in. Was heading into the house and the postman arrived with a letter. I'm no longer required to serve. Whoever it was, must have plea bargained.
    Happy days. :cool:

Nothing happens when you just don’t turn up

2018na wrote: »
    Nothing happens when you just don’t turn up

Really !!!!

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

At least the girl that was missing is found, that eighteen year old boy must feel a right idiot.
    Never was it so true that a teenagers heart can't supply his brain and his cock at the same time :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,550 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

He's 18, not too long ago he was a child too.

He's 18, not too long ago he was a child too.

The guy that killed all the refugees in the lorry only looked like a child too. I think they were only 24,
    I thought the girl (Svetlana) was in big trouble, that age group is in big demand in areas
    Wouldn't have been as easy for him if someone didn't give him a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

The guy that killed all the refugees in the lorry only looked like a child too. I think they were only 24,
    I thought the girl (Svetlana) was in big trouble, that age group is in big demand in areas
    Wouldn't have been as easy for him if someone didn't give him a car.

ANPR up the North would have pinged his car easy enough, but if you are going on the run Wrangler, don't choose a car that's so rare... :D

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    ANPR up the North would have pinged his car easy enough, but if you are going on the run Wrangler, don't choose a car that's so rare... :D

if you're going on the run, the last place you will be found is at home. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭2018na

Really !!!!

Did you like the wording of the letter ie. you are summoned to attend so and so court. Am I fcuk summoned to attend any where

2018na wrote: »
    Did you like the wording of the letter ie. you are summoned to attend so and so court. Am I fcuk summoned to attend any where

I was called to jury duty once, my name came up and I was objected to, never knew why.
    It was a serious case and those that served were on for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dzer2

Nekarsulm wrote: »

The rare car was to intice the ladies. Lucky he wasn't smart enough to get out of the country

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dzer2

I was called to jury duty once, my name came up and I was objected to, never knew why.
    It was a serious case and those that served were on for a week.

Was selected for a real serious case once. I knew the defendant so was excused.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

dzer2 wrote: »
    The rare car was to intice the ladies. Lucky he wasn't smart enough to get out of the country

It's rare, but hardly glamorous.... :D
    Two doors on the passanger side, but only one door on the drivers side .....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Clear herd test.....happy days:D

Advertisement