Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭enricoh

dzer2 wrote: »
    The rare car was to intice the ladies. Lucky he wasn't smart enough to get out of the country

A neighbour got a phone call early one morning from a mate of his that was on the larne to stranrar ferry. His mate drove on, copped his Jeep on the ferry and rang him to say he'll meet gim for breakfast in 10 minutes.
    My neighbour was in bed but there was no cruiser outside when he opened the curtains. Some polish fella had robbed it and straight up to the early morning ferry. He changed the plates and all but yer man had a few combines for charity etc etc stickers and that's how his mate copped it.
    Scottish cops were waiting, god knows how many yer man got away with before.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,552 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    Clear herd test.....happy days:D

Snap! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    Clear herd test.....happy days:D

Testing week after next hear, dreading it. On 4 month tests and have been restricted since January. Didn't want to go mixing bundles of cows and running them through the crush when they were heavy in calf. Last time I tested them that time of year I had 3 abortions after it so told them I wasn't going testing and to restrict me away.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,569 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Snap! :p

Double Snap.

Clear there this evening!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,550 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Bought a few cows off a farm the far side of cavan town. Went with local cattle man in his lorry to collect them today. It was a nice break to get away from the yard, go a bit further than my 5km, talk to someone different. Back to reality now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

whelan2 wrote: »
    Bought a few cows off a farm the far side of cavan town. Went with local cattle man in his lorry to collect them today. It was a nice break to get away from the yard, go a bit further than my 5km, talk to someone different. Back to reality now

Great to get to a nice part of the country too
    Joking aside Lockdown has left somethings allot harder
    Hopefully they’re lucky for you

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

I wouldn't sit into anyones' vehicle, especially for such a long time,
    Getting infected now would be like getting shot the last day of the war

wrangler wrote: »
    We both had masks on . No different to being on a bus.

We both had masks on . No different to being on a bus.

I just wouldn't go on a bus either, If you and I got infected, my chances of dying is multiples of yours, and dying would be the softer result

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

She'll be grand.she took a bigger risk going West of cavan town. They don't see many women over that way.she was lucky to get out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Just thought of poster 'ncd jd' there now and went to look for him, see his account is gone. I'm not starting a conversation on him, just noteing his absence. He was a down to earth, easy going poster. And while I'm hear, we've knowingly not come across 'a cow called daisy', in a long long time, hope she's OK where ever she is.

Just watching BBC weather forecast, looks like we're heading for a cold drought.
    Some rain this week but feck all, getting colder at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Jb1989 wrote: »
    Just thought of poster 'ncd jd' there now and went to look for him, see his account is gone. I'm not starting a conversation on him, just noteing his absence. He was a down to earth, easy going poster. And while I'm hear, we've knowingly not come across 'a cow called daisy', in a long long time, hope she's OK where ever she is.

Yeh, noticed his absence too, put it down to busy at Customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Missed Daisy as well.
    Haven't heard anything from "golodge" in a good while either.
    She was a very interesting poster about beef farming in Lithuania.

Daisy is gone a long time. She had great wit.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,569 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Daughter had her second covid test yesterday, fingers crossed for a clear test and back to school tomorrow. Weeks to LC are ticking away.

She’s well, runs 4-5k most mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,552 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Just watching BBC weather forecast, looks like we're heading for a cold drought.
    Some rain this week but feck all, getting colder at the weekend

You'd really see the benefits of fym this weather.
    Have a few fields spread this spring and for one the stock don't graze as tightly so there's grass, solar panels, soil protection from wind and Sun drying out the ground.
    Two then there's humus dripping off the fym with the dew at night driving biology in the soil keeping it warmer from the frost.
    Three then there's the p, k and other micronutrients trundling it along and with that and the cover increasing the benefits of any fert spread.

Slurry big benefit too but stock graze that bit tighter on it.

Moving sucklers this morning . A calf we had that vet was with a couple of times just dropped down dead. Never saw anything like it. She had been fine this last few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Moving sucklers this morning . A calf we had that vet was with a couple of times just dropped down dead. Never saw anything like it. She had been fine this last few weeks
    Found a 2 month old one dead in the field yesterday, no illness since it was born.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Sorry to hear that. What was the vet out to her for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭Grueller

Vet diagnosed a twin calf here with a heart murmur and an infection in the heart. On antibiotics for 14 days and has improved immensely.

Sorry to hear that. What was the vet out to her for?

Was nothing really diagnosed. She had a bad eye, a bit of a scour. All of which healed up

Over 20 degrees here today, only downside is being thronged by tourists.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Really?

Car only reads 14 here, lovely sun but cold wind still...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Ya it's melting here too. Abandoned the farm to be a tourist myself for the evening. Been a long time since we got a few hours away from it now.

Really?

Car only reads 14 here, lovely sun but cold wind still...

I'm out fencing in a t-shirt yet

Don't forget the sunscreen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

I just wouldn't go on a bus either, If you and I got infected, my chances of dying is multiples of yours, and dying would be the softer result

Gave a fair bit of the fall of the year travelling in a truck with a fella through work and a lot of the rest of the year in a van travelling the country for work, covid guidelines were a van like a transit or lorry cab were sweet enough to travel together in but a small van wasnt ok. We just got on with it and between the three of us we all either had it, had a close contact with it or suspected synptoms at some stage or other.
    Were all grown ups we can decide for ourselves whats right and wrong most of the time. Some people are plain and simply gone to f#ck in the last year in regards guidelines. The closest friend locally here wont call up to the house for a chat outside but will meet up in town in a more crowded place as thats what the current guidelines are. Worlds gone mad.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 9,732 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Don't forget the sunscreen

I did and now I'm literally a "redneck":(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,732 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

You'd really see the benefits of fym this weather.

Undrained Callow land is also an asset in such conditions and on many farms provided the only bit of growth during the epic 2018 drought.

Advertisement