Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭minerleague

blue5000 wrote: »
    Have you a link to the article minerleague? Between glas, beep, beam, Icbf and bps my life is getting complicated enough. There’s a lot to be said for forestry, log on once a year and click a box, job done until it comes to trying to apply for a felling licence two years in advance. There’s a lot of money spent on admin with all these schemes too.

Might as well be asking me for third secret of fatima as trying to post links :p, Irish examiner ' farming' online is where i saw it.
    From what people are saying about the new reap scheme it seems planners will nearly have to come see each field each year. People who draw up schemes have to put something new in each time ( no work in saying" same again lads" )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭minerleague

wrangler wrote: »
    She collapsed again an hour ago, was only out for a short while, I phoned her GP, they said she was dehydrated, take dioralytes and stay lying down
    Asleep now, she didn't sleep last night, temperature seems to be gone down

Hope she's over the worst, Is that first of 2 or just 1 shot? Will it deter her from 2nd jab? Best wishes to both of you

• Registered Users Posts: 11,158 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Hope she's over the worst, Is that first of 2 or just 1 shot? Will it deter her from 2nd jab? Best wishes to both of you

Thanks, it's the first of two, next one is months away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

She collapsed again an hour ago, was only out for a short while, I phoned her GP, they said she was dehydrated, take dioralytes and stay lying down

The dehydration thought crossed my mind, I read somewhere online (cant find it now) to keep hydrated for 48 hrs. after vaccine. Wishing your OH a speedy recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭orm0nd

The dehydration thought crossed my mind, I read somewhere online (cant find it now) to keep hydrated for 48 hrs. after vaccine. Wishing your OH a speedy recovery.

Yes they advise to keep plenty of fluids on board.

Getting my first jab tomorrow. Thought they had forgotten about me. Crazy busy week here but thought it best to go for it anyhow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Thanks, it's the first of two, next one is months away

Hope she's back to full health soon Wrangler...
    orm0nd wrote: »

Getting my first jab tomorrow. Thought they had forgotten about me. Crazy busy week here but thought it best to go for it anyhow.

Best of luck Ormond...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,552 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Was talking to a farmer last week in his 60s, he didn't know you had to register online for the vaccine. He was waiting for his gp to ring him

Take it easy on yourself afterwards - what's 2 days out of a lifetime.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Hopefully she is back to normal after sleeping. I didn't know that you are supposed to keep hydrated after getting the vaccine.

Base price wrote: »
    Hopefully she is back to normal after sleeping. I didn't know that you are supposed to keep hydrated after getting the vaccine.

Not everyone would react with a high temperature, she was sweating all night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

Yes they advise to keep hydrated and to to take paracetamol regular. I am also told the the first dose of Astrazeneca is the harder one, where as with the Pfizer one its the second shot that is harder. Most people I know that have had them didn't find them to bad, but they would have been older people who would have rested after getting the jabs.
    Hopefully she will be back to full health after a bit of a rest Wrangler.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,552 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Not everyone would react with a high temperature, she was sweating all night

The 40km cycle mightnt have been a great idea. Hopefully she's better soon

She mightn't have rehydrated after the spin either, she even commented that the slowest ones weren't there last night,
    Fair dues to them on the evening spins they go at the speed of the slowest with a bit of a charge at the end of the spin, so last night was probably a charge the whole way

Base price wrote: »

I don't know where I read it, googled it just now and its on several sites.

"Take care of yourself. Get a good night’s rest and hydrate well before your vaccination so you can feel your best on the day.
    https://www.unicef.org/coronavirus/before-during-after-covid-19-vaccine

Being well-hydrated is one of the most important ways to maximize how you feel, both before and after your vaccination.
    https://www.health.com/condition/infectious-diseases/coronavirus/what-to-eat-before-and-after-covid-vaccine "

Anto_Meath wrote: »
    Yes they advise to keep hydrated and to to take paracetamol regular. I am also told the the first dose of Astrazeneca is the harder one, where as with the Pfizer one its the second shot that is harder. Most people I know that have had them didn't find them to bad, but they would have been older people who would have rested after getting the jabs.
    Hopefully she will be back to full health after a bit of a rest Wrangler.
    Thanks everyone
    I'd say she's learnt a lesson, she still thinks she's a young one, she used to even cycle race when she was younger.
    'twas no harm to put it up here, i wouldn't like to see any one get affected like that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Mother got AstraZeneca one last week, was knocked out tired for 48 hours but other than that ok. Was glad she had cancelled everything for the day after

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

After finding another cow stuck in a hole there now, getting bad run of it lately :(

Is she back on terra firma yet? A neighbours heifers broke into a cutaway bog last spring, they were probably frightened with deer I'd imagine. One of them ended up in a deep silt filled drain and kept fighting until only her head was above water. It was a good half a mile from the road with no chance of getting near her only on foot. It took 2 hour's with a few of us pulling to free her, she'd give no help until we relaxed and then she'd start fighting and sinking back into the mire.

I haltered her and tied her to a nearby tree which was just as well because when she finally was freed she stumbled backwards and would have been upside down in the drain if not for the halter. We then had to walk her back through the scrub to get out of the bog. She was staggering across turf banks and it was a miracle she didn't fall into another hole. I'd say if she was another few hours in the drain it would have been a different outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Thanks everyone
    I'd say she's learnt a lesson, she still thinks she's a young one, she used to even cycle race when she was younger.
    'twas no harm to put it up here, i wouldn't like to see any one get affected like that

Hopefully she’ll be back to herself soon

Has anyone got or seen an attachment to put on the wall of a crush to change the width to work with calves

• Registered Users Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Hope OH has recovered Wrangler, dehydration with the sweating most likely. Bit of a fright for you.

The REAP Scheme needs two visits a year by planner TMK but they only get the same money as the other schemes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Has anyone got or seen an attachment to put on the wall of a crush to change the width to work with calves

A pallet :p

Is she back on terra firma yet? A neighbours heifers broke into a cutaway bog last spring, they were probably frightened with deer I'd imagine. One of them ended up in a deep silt filled drain and kept fighting until only her head was above water. It was a good half a mile from the road with no chance of getting near her only on foot. It took 2 hour's with a few of us pulling to free her, she'd give no help until we relaxed and then she'd start fighting and sinking back into the mire.

I haltered her and tied her to a nearby tree which was just as well because when she finally was freed she stumbled backwards and would have been upside down in the drain if not for the halter. We then had to walk her back through the scrub to get out of the bog. She was staggering across turf banks and it was a miracle she didn't fall into another hole. I'd say if she was another few hours in the drain it would have been a different outcome.

Similar story with a cow near the BILs farm, their story ended with the cow being hosed down with warm water, put into a straw bedded old dark stone barn with huge dose of Poitin down her neck. She slept soundly and was up and ready for out when checked on later that evening.

Kevhog1988 wrote: »
    A pallet :p

Trying that
    Sadly they’re not as robust

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

There is one alright, saw it on Twitter cant for the life of me remember what they called it tho, maybe worth a search

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Figerty

Similar story with a cow near the BILs farm, their story ended with the cow being hosed down with warm water, put into a straw bedded old dark stone barn with huge dose of Poitin down her neck. She slept soundly and was up and ready for out when checked on later that evening.

Yep, Seen the Poiteen work and almost kill a cow! Be careful..Steam rising out of the cow and then the loose energy.

Pint of Poteen is potent stuff.

Figerty wrote: »
    Yep, Seen the Poiteen work and almost kill a cow! Be careful..Steam rising out of the cow and then the loose energy.

that and into on an empty stomach - definitely not advisable.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,569 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Going through Cootehill today she saw barbershop open and lads on getting hair cut.

_Brian wrote: »
    Going through Cootehill today she saw barbershop open and lads on getting hair cut.

I could do with being shorn myself :eek:

Figerty wrote: »

That must have been the proper stuff, plenty of watered down shyte around. The real thing is to be handled with care.

• Advertisement

I could do with being shorn myself :eek:

I'm getting quite good at cutting my own,
    Despite the OH saying it's a good job she won't let me near hers
    One more haircut and the clippers is paid for, Can't have money invested in machinery on this forum and it not paying its way

Advertisement