Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭Base price

orm0nd wrote: »
    Yes they advise to keep plenty of fluids on board.

Getting my first jab tomorrow. Thought they had forgotten about me. Crazy busy week here but thought it best to go for it anyhow.
    Did you get the jab today orm0nd. Hope ye have no ill effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,552 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

My dad got his second injection today

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Youngest is chuffed cause he made the front cover - in fairness the ballan wrasse is the real star.
    http://specimenfish.ie/isfc-report-2020-online-now/
    As an aside he is finding it difficult to source a apartment/flat in the greater Inverness area with a garden shed/garage to store his kayak and copious amounts of fishing gear. The majority of apartments/flats are unfurnished and because he doesn't have any financial history in Scotland/UK he will have to pay between 4 to 6 months rent in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Base price wrote: »
    That's good news.

Thank you for sharing her experience. Only from reading your post and subsequent replies I wouldn't have know that hydration was important pre and post vaccination. Hopefully some of us have learned how to prepare ourselves for the vaccine.

There is conflicting information in the UK about taking paracetamol before getting the jab, to reduce side effects.

USA CDC are a definite no on this. The Center for Disease Control & Prevention says you shouldn't take over-the-counter medications or antihistamines like ibuprofen before getting your shot. 21 Apr 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Base, two fine specimens in that pic. You reared him well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Base price wrote: »
    Did you get the jab today orm0nd. Hope ye have no ill effects.

Ty for asking Bp. Yes, so far so good.

Must say I was really impressed with the running of the centre. When I joined the queue going into the car park I thought I was in for a long haul, but in and out in 30 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

whelan2 wrote: »
    My dad got his second injection today

How’s he after it
    In-laws got both jabs, first had no effect but MIL was mentioning her arm for a few days after the second

How’s he after it
    In-laws got both jabs, first had no effect but MIL was mentioning her arm for a few days after the second

He felt a bit dizzy this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

whelan2 wrote: »
    He felt a bit dizzy this evening.

Hopefully he’ll be back to himself before night

• Registered Users Posts: 11,158 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Tenants children arrived here to move cattle a week ago, three of them, 17 year old girl and two lads 16 and 14. 200 hp tractor and 30ft trailer.
    16 year old drew the cattle and other two vaccinated, great kids.
    Just maybe they're not all snowflakes :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭Grueller

wrangler wrote: »
    Tenants children arrived here to move cattle a week ago, three of them, 17 year old girl and two lads 16 and 14. 200 hp tractor and 30ft trailer.

Steady now Wrangler. Next thing you will say that there are one or two decent sorts involved with beef plan🀣

Grueller wrote: »
    Steady now Wrangler. Next thing you will say that there are one or two decent sorts involved with beef plan��

The vaccine must be getting to him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭green daries

Odelay wrote: »
    Why wasn’t the french guy better prepared? Was the pregnancy a surprise?
    As for her leaving, men change roles too and also give two weeks notice. In fact, I’d say men change roles more times in their career than women have babies.

Totally agree companies need to be prepared loads of notice was given...
    I suppose your saying they were mad cos she left after her maternity leave but that's a state benefit very very few Companies top up any wages or income when there out on maternity so their actually out of pocket (Totally wrong in my opinion)whereas a properly organised company will not be affected really .......you do realise we all need couples women the human race to regenerate the population so that the next generation are able to look after the order generation financially etcetera etcetera
    It's a huge problem for the European government at the moment population decline

Grueller wrote: »
    Steady now Wrangler. Next thing you will say that there are one or two decent sorts involved with beef plan��

:eek: ....never

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

wrangler wrote: »

I hear one of them wants to be a guard and the other two want to be teachers.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭2018na

Totally agree companies need to be prepared loads of notice was given...
    I suppose your saying they were mad cos she left after her maternity leave but that's a state benefit very very few Companies top up any wages or income when there out on maternity so their actually out of pocket (Totally wrong in my opinion)whereas a properly organised company will not be affected really .......you do realise we all need couples women the human race to regenerate the population so that the next generation are able to look after the order generation financially etcetera etcetera
    It's a huge problem for the European government at the moment population decline

What would farmers think if there agri contracters put up there rates 20 percent to cover a maternity leave. Or in my game that bathroom renovation I am doing I just need to add €1200 to pay some one on leave

2018na wrote: »
    What would farmers think if there agri contracters put up there rates 20 percent to cover a maternity leave. Or in my game that bathroom renovation I am doing I just need to add €1200 to pay some one on leave

Well I'm afraid It's just a case of that is it.
    When I was younger I never noticed the discrimination against women in the workplace but it really is engrained in society
    It's something that the nation Is going to have to factor in.....if we want to maintain our population
    We will be relying on inward imagration to bolster the population in the not to distant future
    (It will be an unusual situation for Ireland as there's a expat in every corner of the world by necessity and choice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

2018na wrote: »

Chances are if you are a builder or plumber you'll have added that 1200 extra on in the last 12 months anyways...
    And why we might ask - just cos you can... ;):D

ah, just messing...

Back to the bathroom renovation - do you already go back to the owner and ask them for an extra 100 cos Johnny was feeling sick last week, and was off Monday?

I hear one of them wants to be a guard and the other two want to be teachers.

The girl looks after the calves so teaching would probably suit, it'd leave her rested to look after the calves. .. but she's going for veterinary, so the work ethic is there..... older girl is doing medicine but the HSE will probably destroy her

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭2018na

Chances are if you are a builder or plumber you'll have added that 1200 extra on in the last 12 months anyways...
    And why we might ask - just cos you can... ;):D

ah, just messing...

Back to the bathroom renovation - do you already go back to the owner and ask them for an extra 100 cos Johnny was feeling sick last week, and was off Monday?

Amazingly a bathroom refit was 5k punts circa 2001. Same job now 5k euro. Not much room there for maternal leave for male or female staffðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Both parents are getting their 2nd Pfizer jab tomorrow. Any tips/advice from ye on that? I've told them to horse the water into them after reading posts here

Both parents are getting their 2nd Pfizer jab tomorrow. Any tips/advice from ye on that? I've told them to horse the water into them after reading posts here

Take paracetamol and rest after it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

After dealing with the new polish mechanic and he saying it would cost way too much to sort my 2007 Auris, I put it through the test. It failed and brought the list to a mechanic in a neighbouring parish. €320 to get it past the test.
    So the drive for 500k km is on for another year anyway. 61k km left.
    Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Water water water,. Start a few hours before and continue afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭GNWoodd

Well I'm afraid It's just a case of that is it.
    When I was younger I never noticed the discrimination against women in the workplace but it really is engrained in society
    It's something that the nation Is going to have to factor in.....if we want to maintain our population
    We will be relying on inward imagration to bolster the population in the not to distant future
    (It will be an unusual situation for Ireland as there's a expat in every corner of the world by necessity and choice

Surely population reduction wouldn’t be a bad thing
    World is struggling as it is .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

GNWoodd wrote: »

Well, whether it is or not - returning to forcing women to give up work when they get married, or get pregnant is hardly the answer...

Do you mind if I ask if you have kids yourself GN? You hardly do I pose, given the over population issue... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

orm0nd wrote: »
    Water water water,. Start a few hours before and continue afterwards.

Probably a bit of advice we could all take on board at any time of the year. I'd say most of us don't take on enough to be properly hydrated.

GNWoodd wrote: »

Fair play good idea you'll be the first to volunteer a 50 percent reduction in your pension as the state won't have the money to pay for it.

Anyway it's not the point I was trying to make.
    gender inequality is engrained in society was the point but sure it takes alsorts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭Suckler

Has anyone got or seen an attachment to put on the wall of a crush to change the width to work with calves

https://www.crushmate.ie/?fbclid=IwAR0W4eknDXNwmzvvIsP2KINrYUwD1P2yvHHrVf9FQjucjZt1Ajjv7ou4KMk

This what you need?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,732 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Fair play good idea you'll be the first to volunteer a 50 percent reduction in your pension as the state won't have the money to pay for it.

Anyway it's not the point I was trying to make.
    gender inequality is engrained in society was the point but sure it takes alsorts

The pension issue is a bit of a ponzy scheme - if China were to go down that route they would need to increase their population alone to nearly 4 billion. At the end of the day we live on a finite planet that is already getting a good kicking from us in terms of pollution, overfishing, loss of biodiversity etc. If you do the sums it costs at least 100k to get a kid true to Uni, and then theres the cost to the state in terms of child allowance, free health care etc. If that money was kept in a pension pot it would go along way to dealing with the issue.

Advertisement