Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,511 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Matterson is an unusual surname.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

orm0nd wrote: »
    the picture of mattersons on that link is where the social welfare offices are now, havent been around there in yonkers but last time there was a queue , presumily of people claiming some benefit

big changes from when perhaps a couple of hundred worked there

While checking to see if I could purchase a copy, I see where you can download the pdf version.

https://www.limerick.ie/sites/default/files/media/documents/2020-03/pigtown-a-history-of-limericks-bacon-industry.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

Anyone get any GLAS payment today?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,435 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

That was some second goal there by Jota

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

wrangler wrote: »

I was going to say you have a super set of gates :pac:

Dog looks like a collie alsation cross from its colours?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,777 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

That's one clever dog.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

gozunda wrote: »

Kelpie

Interesting they're only putting in the rams tomorrow. I'd been mulling over it all year and decided on late October, didn't work out as I got hurt. Gave me time to properly assess how this year went, seeing as I've all the ram lambs cleared out now. Reckon I'll leave them until Dec 1 and have a handy spring. I was almost that late last year and putting nothing into my lambs except grass I very nearly hit my price target.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Suckler

whelan2 wrote: »
    That was some second goal there by Jota

They are making them look very amateur.

Kelpie

As in the Australian variety?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Anyone recommend a good hedge trimmer?
    Have had one of these on the go:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Pro-T-Electric-Hedgecutter-Capacity/dp/B001P3NV5C
    It burnt out on me there at the weekend so looking for a replacement. That one was a 700W with 30" blade. Would need something the same specs or better

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Interesting they're only putting in the rams tomorrow. I'd been mulling over it all year and decided on late October, didn't work out as I got hurt. Gave me time to properly assess how this year went, seeing as I've all the ram lambs cleared out now. Reckon I'll leave them until Dec 1 and have a handy spring. I was almost that late last year and putting nothing into my lambs except grass I very nearly hit my price target.

Those are ewe lambs, March born ewe lambs wouldn't be breeding in october, in any numbers. They have the mature ewes served already.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

As in the Australian variety?

Ya I think so

Blue merle father and mother 1/3 German shepherd 2/3 collie, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Suckler

Anyone recommend a good hedge trimmer?
    Have had one of these on the go:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Pro-T-Electric-Hedgecutter-Capacity/dp/B001P3NV5C
    It burnt out on me there at the weekend so looking for a replacement. That one was a 700W with 30" blade. Would need something the same specs or better

I see this one listed below - Greenworks Tools G40HT61K2 Cordless Hedge Trimmer

Not the hedge trimmer but I was given a greenworks cordless chainsaw, didn't expect much of it but its the handiest yoke to have and performance is spot on. It's not commercial use and for heavy timber I'll use the petrol chainsaw but will always carry the cordless chainsaw with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Suckler wrote: »
    I see this one listed below - Greenworks Tools G40HT61K2 Cordless Hedge Trimmer

Not the hedge trimmer but I was given a greenworks cordless chainsaw, didn't expect much of it but its the handiest yoke to have and performance is spot on. It's not commercial use and for heavy timber I'll use the petrol chainsaw but will always carry the cordless chainsaw with me.

Have a DeWalt cordless one. Electric one then for heavier work where there's lots to be done. Electric one has burnt out so looking to replace

Blue merle father and mother 1/3 German shepherd 2/3 collie, apparently.

Thanks. We had something similar a few years back. And he was a great dog. Still missed.

Thanks. We had something similar a few years back. And it was a great dog. Still missed.

My father had a good German Shepherd cattle dog back in the day.
    They just have an intelligence.

• Advertisement

Ballina must be looking for a suitable service station at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

Ballina must be looking for a suitable service station at this stage.

Trump Plaza ? Build one in the two of them that way the tourists won't be disappointed when the go to the wrong Ballina :D

Oops thought you were talking about Trump. Time for me log off and go to bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,435 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The other side of Biden's ancestors come from Louth I think.

Election programme hasn't even really started and already I'm on YouTube watching fencing videos :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Water John wrote: »
    The other side of Biden's ancestors come from Louth I think.

Yea, oh parents live close by relatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Anyone know what's the story with Adverts, lots of ads by Donedealuser (××××××××) the bit in brackets changes. A rake of ads but they look to be spam?
    Yet I seen the odd one also posted on Donedeal normal enough looking.
    Anyone any idea what's going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭emaherx

Anyone know what's the story with Adverts, lots of ads by Donedealuser (××××××××) the bit in brackets changes. A rake of ads but they look to be spam?
    Yet I seen the odd one also posted on Donedeal normal enough looking.
    Anyone any idea what's going on?

It would appear Dondeal and Adverts are sharing adds. So I guess those adds were listed on DoneDeal hence the Dondeal user.

https://help.adverts.ie/hc/en-us/articles/360001288765-Ad-Sharing-from-to-DoneDeal-ie
    What is the personal data shared from DoneDeal to Adverts used for?

Once a seller has explicitly opted-in to the service - shared data is used to pair DoneDeal accounts to existing Adverts accounts where possible. When a successful pairing can’t be achieved - a new Adverts account is created for the seller using the shared account information.

In both cases, once a successful account pairing or creation has been completed, the additional shared data is used to create and publish the ad under the aforementioned account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Dropped heifer back yesterday evening, be interesting to see how she fairs out.

Wonder what will happen in USA if either side win. Trump looking to just about do it. Something to talk about that’s not Covid or Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Wonder what will happen in USA if either side win. Trump looking to just about do it. Something to talk about that’s not Covid or Brexit.

He's pretty much nailed on, it's crazy how on google search no new updates our articles are running on the result in realtime they know the game is up they just don't want to admit it, who knew running a candidate that should of been in a nursing home rather than leader of the free world was a bad idea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Seriously close in the US, agree looks like Trump will take it, or be close enough to go to the supreme court and have them give it to him.

Be interesting to see how the post in ballots go. Some states have a few days to continue counting them, will that make any difference or will they be allowed continue counting.

Advertisement