Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Can the Co-Op Superstores be contacted from NI.

Can't get 1890 22 11 33 to work from here.

Edit - was trying 00353 1890 22 11 33
    It looks like each store has a direct dial number. Here is a link to google maps showing all their stores, just click on one and it shows their phone number, drop the 0 for the area code and put in 353 before the number.
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/Dairygold+Co+Op+Superstore/@52.6244948,-9.7795769,8z/data=!4m9!1m2!2m1!1sDairygold+Co+Op+Superstores!3m5!1s0x0:0x58e6d0608afc9c4!8m2!3d52.5084988!4d-7.8905114!15sChtEYWlyeWdvbGQgQ28gT3AgU3VwZXJzdG9yZXMiA4gBAVo6ChtkYWlyeWdvbGQgY28gb3Agc3VwZXJzdG9yZXMiG2RhaXJ5Z29sZCBjbyBvcCBzdXBlcnN0b3Jlc5IBDmhhcmR3YXJlX3N0b3JlmgEkQ2hkRFNVaE5NRzluUzBWSlEwRm5TVVJuY1dGbWVDMTNSUkFC

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I wonder if any other Government Departments will be affected by the cyber attacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,555 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Base price wrote: »
    I wonder if any other Government Departments will be affected by the cyber attacks.

Brother and his wife tested positive. No appointments being given out for testing. All test centres are just show up atm

• Registered Users Posts: 18,570 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Jez hopefully not.
    Herself was saying it’s a torture in the hospital. It will have a massive knock on with diagnosis and treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭roosterman71

_Brian wrote: »
    Jez hopefully not.
    Herself was saying it’s a torture in the hospital. It will have a massive knock on with diagnosis and treatment.

Wait till their pay doesn't go through. All staff locked out of payroll too. It's not just the medical side of things that's banjaxed but the admin side too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,556 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Don't know.

But Wrangler will love the civil service here even more here now when the FBI had the warning out about wizardspider to the NHS across the water last year.
    Maybe our own don't read Reuters or have contact with hospitals in the U.S...? :rolleyes:

https://www.computerweekly.com/news/252491324/Surge-in-Ryuk-ransomware-attacks-has-hospitals-on-alert

• Registered Users Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Don't know.

But Wrangler will love the civil service here even more here now when the FBI had the warning out about wizardspider to the NHS across the water last year.
    Maybe our own don't read Reuters or have contact with hospitals in the U.S...? :rolleyes:

https://www.computerweekly.com/news/252491324/Surge-in-Ryuk-ransomware-attacks-has-hospitals-on-alert

Dont wake the man. He needs his sleep at his age

Reggie. wrote: »
    Dont wake the man. He needs his sleep at his age

WRANGLER.!!!! :D

Don't know.

NHS were caught short by similar hacker in 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Local hospital staff ordered by their IT guys to not even switch on their computers.
    X-Rays, scans etc can go ahead, the problem is contacting people.
    Having to search any paper files for phone numbers and hoping they are still current.

Registered 10 days ago for the vaccine myself, got text today advising that I'm getting Pfizer on Wednesday.
    There was criticism early on in the vaccination programme that staff were having to record with pen and paper.
    That could have been a good thing, in retrospect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Mothers uncle called in this evening. Would have called into our place without fail every day for the last 35 years. Fully vaccinated and in flying form. He must of missed telling the yarns cos he was giving them some lash this evening 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 11,158 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

WRANGLER.!!!! :D

The incompetence of the civil service knows no bounds, nothing surprises me.
    This is going to cost us that pay tax millions

wrangler wrote: »

My dad gas an angiogram today and it's going ahead

whelan2 wrote: »
    My dad gas an angiogram today and it's going ahead

Best of luck with that, where is he getting it done,

Morning

Best of luck with that, where is he getting it done,

All I know is that it's in Dublin. ..my brother was to bring him but he tested positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Things like radiotherapy would be most affected as the data for it would be held on the system.

Any large business is at risk from ransomware and cyber attack, even Boards. The fact that some of the system was still running on Windows 7 didn't help.
    I think a couple of hospitals have their own systems that were never integrated, incl the South Infirmary, Cork, aren't they lucky.

The civil and public services are just ordinary people doing their best in what is usually a system that’s hard to work inside. If my OH was a retired civil/public servant I think I’d be a bit more understanding of that.

Noticed a C17 Globemaster fly over the house this morning around 0830am. Chances are it was an RAF aircraft. Wonder are the bits invading. She was fairly low

The civil and public services are just ordinary people doing their best in what is usually a system that’s hard to work inside. If my OH was a retired civil/public servant I think I’d be a bit more understanding of that.

A nurse put this up on facebook during the week

https://scontent.fdub4-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/187845547_2805787189686323_1470151631740341240_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=U3ZosPm4XEkAX-OnOag&tn=dipBfcm8sjvlXF4j&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=863d2eed2b76d8cfd53a110b6c9876d3&oe=60C8F495

There's a message there directed at the HSE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Just got a call from an irish mobile no. 353 83 339 6326. After a slight delay a Recorded voice sounding foreign claiming to be from Dept of Social Protection. Then went on to say that they had noticed strange activity on their computer network and my details were at risk. I hung up at that point and switched off the phone for a few mins. Got a call from Denmark last week that I didn't answer. +45 91 30 30 79.

Noticed a C17 Globemaster fly over the house this morning around 0830am. Chances are it was an RAF aircraft. Wonder are the bits invading. She was fairly low

What did flightradar say?

Just got a call from an irish mobile no. 353 83 339 6326. After a slight delay a Recorded voice sounding foreign claiming to be from Dept of Social Protection. Then went on to say that they had noticed strange activity on their computer network and my details were at risk. I hung up at that point and switched off the phone for a few mins. Got a call from Denmark last week that I didn't answer. +45 91 30 30 79.
    I got a scam message there a while ago from an 085 number claiming to be after just buying a phone for just €500 and thanking their Mum.

I replied Wrong number.
    And the reply was I swear.

Obviously wanted to draw out the messages. Probably my own phone is now hacked by the Russians just for replying Wrong number..:p

I got a scam message there a while ago from an 085 number claiming to be after just buying a phone for just €500 and thanking their Mum.

I replied Wrong number.
    And the reply was I swear.

Obviously wanted to draw out the messages. Probably my own phone is now hacked by the Russians just for replying Wrong number..:p

I saw on FB where fake websites are put up using letters from the Cyrillic alphabet, so an "a" looks slightly different but spelled correctly at a glance, but if you weren't paying attention :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

The trouble is a lot of us ordinary people don't do their best, that's where a good culture of leadership and accountability come in, and where that's very often lacking the toxic snakes take over.

The trouble is a lot of us ordinary people don't do their best, that's where a good culture of leadership and accountability come in, and where that's very often lacking the toxic snakes take over.

You get that portion of society everywhere though, including on here.

What did flightradar say?

From another forum it was an USAF C17 Landed in baldonnell and then headed to Scotland aftwards

Apparently the pilot ordinated from Longford and circled to town this morning. Also did a low pass over the cliffs of moher

From another forum it was an USAF C17 Landed in baldonnell and then headed to Scotland aftwards

Apparently the pilot ordinated from Longford and circled to town this morning. Also did a low pass over the cliffs of moher
    Two hundred million dollar piece of U.S.military equipment and a longford pilot takes it on a jollie..

I was going to say the UN climate talks in Glasgow but that's not till November.
    Unless they're preparing security and getting reci's done.

(They know where you live Reggie.) :)

Two hundred million dollar piece of U.S.military equipment and a longford pilot takes it on a jollie..

I was going to say the UN climate talks in Glasgow but that's not till November.
    Unless they're preparing security and getting reci's done.

(They know where you live Reggie.) :)

*slowly puts on the helmet and lowers into the foxhole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

Used to new app to register calves there. You know when it asks you for the generic dam details, is that only If the calf was born from an embryo transplant or something?

Advertisement