Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,556 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I suggest it's the drivers at fault, not the machine. Quads are an incredibly useful tool but have their limitations like anything.

This conversation is being held in other English speaking countries. Or rather Japanese companies.

https://www.farmonline.com.au/story/7218635/honda-says-sayonara-to-australian-quad-bike-market/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,158 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

The meal/reception was about 1/3 of overall cost the time I got married in 2010. but in fairness after the bubble burst I know most costs dropped by 20-50%.

Church , singer, dresses, suits, cake, flowers, band, DJ, favours (charity donation) , hair and make up , photographer , and a few other bots like cars , additional hotel rooms maybe etc

As a couple we usually give 250, if the pair spend more than that, that's their hard luck.
    Some weddings nowadys last longer than the marriages, it'd be stupid to contribute to any more than the meal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

wrangler wrote: »
    As a couple we usually give 250, if the pair spend more than that, that's their hard luck.
    Some weddings nowadys last longer than the marriages, it'd be stupid to contribute to any more than the meal

completely agree. Some people go mad. back in 2006/07 I was working in practice and one of the staff members was spending 35/40k on her wedding. And building a house at the same time and incorporated the wedding costs into the house build. So when all is done and dusted the wedding will have cost her 70k plus as the wedding cash she was receiving she was going to buy a Toyota twin cam car

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭Suckler

Rosahane wrote: »
    Which route, up by the waterfall and Ziz Zags or the military road? Two different landowners I think.

Waterfall and Zig zags if its Glenmalure; the military road goes from a pub car park the other side I think?

I've been having shoulder pain and arm pain on my left side these past few weeks.
    Really painful. And very uncomfortable to get a night's sleep.

I was speaking to my sister today and she has the exact same complaint. She's not my twin..:pac:

Only thing we share in common is she was advised a vegan multi vitamin food supplement by a neighbour who said it would improve energy levels. Which it did at the start. So I ordered the same product.
    Same effect at the start.
    But now we're both crippled. I'm on organic oats as a starter to the day in the morning. I think it's all making it worse.

I'm going to drop these and try some fish in the mornings instead.

No wonder these vegans are grumpy! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Odelay

I only eat vegan. All the food I eat is vegan.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Odelay wrote: »

What does a vegan taste like?
    I see the vegetarians are getting pissed off as restaurants are bumping their items (dairy, fish etc) off the menu and use a vegan option to cover both.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭straight

God help you.....

wrangler wrote: »

Why would anyone want to get married in the first place anyway. Its just a legal document. At our wedding there was a very obvious difference between gifts from one side vs the other. Wife loved the whole thing, I guess its a girlie thing, fecking chair covers, bouquets, flowers. I could think of better places for the 30k.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dzer2

straight wrote: »
    Why would anyone want to get married in the first place anyway. Its just a legal document. At our wedding there was a very obvious difference between gifts from one side vs the other. Wife loved the whole thing, I guess its a girlie thing, fecking chair covers, bouquets, flowers. I could think of better places for the 30k.

Jesus, spent 6.5k on ours that included the honeymoon back in the day of the punts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

straight wrote: »

Yep...

But, I think you have to get married, to be able to say with confidence "why get married?" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Suckler wrote: »
    Waterfall and Zig zags if its Glenmalure; the military road goes from a pub car park the other side I think?

You can go up from the other end of the glen from Baravore ford. There are a couple of options from there: up through the Fraughan Rock Glen or further along and walk the ridge from the Small Gap. The old military road goes between Glenmalure and Glen Of Imaal - a long walk!

Mercury poisoning for you next :pac:

Good feed of eggs and proper brown bread in the morning and cut out all this other horse **** :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

I've been having shoulder pain and arm pain on my left side these past few weeks.
    Really painful. And very uncomfortable to get a night's sleep.

I was speaking to my sister today and she has the exact same complaint. She's not my twin..:pac:

Only thing we share in common is she was advised a vegan multi vitamin food supplement by a neighbour who said it would improve energy levels. Which it did at the start. So I ordered the same product.
    Same effect at the start.
    But now we're both crippled. I'm on organic oats as a starter to the day in the morning. I think it's all making it worse.

No wonder these vegans are grumpy! :D

If porridge had side effects I'd say it would have been rumbled by now...
    If you want an energy boost, boil a few nettles, works wonders for me every May, I'd be in right form for the breeding season...

If porridge had side effects I'd say it would have been rumbled by now...
    If you want an energy boost, boil a few nettles, works wonders for me every May, I'd be in right form for the breeding season...

No i don't think porridge just really agrees with me.
    I tried a popular Irish brand on and off over the years with the same problem.
    I went on this organic one then to see and it's still the same.

I've tried nettle a few times. Emphasis on few. It's not something you'd be looking for unless seriously run down.

Never knew there was a breeding season. I assumed it was an all year round thing. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

I've tried nettle a few times. Emphasis on few. It's not something you'd be looking for unless seriously run down.

Never knew there was a breeding season. I assumed it was an all year round thing. :pac:

Mother made a home made nettle tea a few times. I didn't find it too bad to be honest. The siblings said twas pure undrinkable ****e.. :)

I dunno who was right :D

Water John wrote: »
    I see the vegetarians are getting pissed off as restaurants are bumping their items (dairy, fish etc) off the menu and use a vegan option to cover both.

Tastes like beef/pork/lamb. I only eat things that are vegan;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,555 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Why?

Water John wrote: »

We got ya the first time.. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Got the Pfizer vaccine yesterday.
    Feeling peculiar, but no side effects yet!

10BwUI3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,570 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Rushing this afternoon because of rain doing something mundane and I wrenched my back.

Been in bed on Neurophen and solpadine. God damn it’s agony.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭I says

_Brian wrote: »
    Rushing this afternoon because of rain doing something mundane and I wrenched my back.

Been in bed on Neurophen and solpadine. God damn it’s agony.

Get well soon difene works for me

Seriously, and esp if there's any family history, I'd check out that left arm pain with a GP if I were you and hadn't already done so.

Well this has been some 24hours of rain, and no sign of a let up. Time to crack open a few bales I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Well this has been some 24hours of rain, and no sign of a let up. Time to crack open a few bales I think.

Stopped down here now, possibly another paddock that was " planned for reseeding " anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Try this:
    Deep bowl
    Some Raisins, add in a fistful of porridge
    Some Cold water
    Microwave on high 2 mins, stir
    another Microwave on high 2 mins
    Mix in a fistful of chopped walnuts and cold creamy milk.
    Ready to meet the day

Mooooo wrote: »
    Stopped down here now, possibly another paddock that was " planned for reseeding " anyway...

Stopped here about 20 mins after that, I ended up chancing it for another day.
    Sure were getting closer to fine weather every week...

Stopped here about 20 mins after that, I ended up chancing it for another day.
    Sure were getting closer to fine weather every week...

I gave mine pit silage at milking time. Just closed the wire there now and most of them were lying down for a change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

My mothers aunt, a missionary nun passed away in South Africa Last Weekend. Amazing that we could all watch the funeral here in Kildare on youtube. Im not particularily religious but wasn't it some devotion to spend over 60 years of your life helping the less fortunate.

Advertisement