Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

The lunatics at it again...

https://www-mirror-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-mcdonalds-face-supply-issues-24161643.amp?utm_source=upday&utm_medium=referral

Apparently they want the want the company to become fully plant based

Because of course according to their warped mindset animal farming alone is responsible for global warming...

Even though all farming worldwide - plant and animal contributes just 12-14 % of all global emissions.

How many of these fuqers have given up their cars or do without their mass produced clothes?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Different pair of slippers for every day of the week and two for Sundays

Oh baby

• Registered Users Posts: 21,460 ✭✭✭✭Water John

gozunda wrote: »

https://www-mirror-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-mcdonalds-face-supply-issues-24161643.amp?utm_source=upday&utm_medium=referral

Because of course according to their warped mindset animal farming alone is responsible for global warming...

Even though all farming worldwide - plant and animal contributes just 12-14 % of all global emissions.

How many of these fuqers have given up their cars or do without their mass produced clothes?

They really need to keep up with the science. Grazing animals are important for the soil sequesration of carbon. Vegans falsely piggy backing on climate
    change.
    That seems 50 across the 6 protest sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,570 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

gozunda wrote: »

We know they masquerade their emotional weakness for farmed animals under the environment and climate change banners. It’s terribly transparent and quite embarrassing on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,557 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Water John wrote: »
    They really need to keep up with the science. Grazing animals are important for the soil sequesration of carbon. Vegans falsely piggy backing on climate
    change.
    That seems 50 across the 6 protest sites.

It's the new age religion. A worldwide union of modern hipsters connected by social media with one aim "the common good".

There's fierce opposition to regenerative farming from vegan and even "scientists" on social media.

I'm just glad regenerative farming got first out of the traps before veganism even became a thing.
    If it was just veganism vs conventional farming they might stand a chance.
    But veganism vs regenerative farming represents a considerable obstacle.

Science is led by whoever pays the researcher. And science atm is kind of not doing regenerative agriculture any favours. The figures are there on soil sequestration and others going on soil methane eating bacteria.
    But when you've our own researchers claiming grassland is an emitter what hope have we.

Anyway Harry's farm on YouTube has an interesting clip on soil carbon content.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,555 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Had to go to the shop to buy briquettes. Can't believe we are still lighting the fire at nearly the end of May

Reggie. wrote: »
    Well thats it. Reggie is now a full time farmer/ contractor/ ****e talker

Would you recommend the army to a young lad now? Why did you join when you did?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭straight

whelan2 wrote: »
    Had to go to the shop to buy briquettes. Can't believe we are still lighting the fire at nearly the end of May

I'm giving the cows silage these days which is even more sickening. 2018 was like this as far as I remember. We put in the first cut in the rain and then the drought a few weeks later.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭Base price

straight wrote: »
    I'm giving the cows silage these days which is even more sickening. 2018 was like this as far as I remember. We put in the first cut in the rain and then the drought a few weeks later.
    +1
    We had a wet Spring and then the drought hit. I remember we sowed the WBC near the end of May and the next day we had torrential rain. I was worried that the seed would pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Maybe for the first 5 years and then get out. Something for the CV but not a career. Gov has the guts pulled out of the army. No pension worth talking about for anyone joining now. Even tho I reckon they will have to introduce it again to retain numbers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,732 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

The temp profile of the last 6 months apparently has very strong echoes of the infamous 1879 - an interesting year in Irish history....

Does watching the Eurovision with the sound off make me a dirty aul fella??:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Does watching the Eurovision with the sound off make me a dirty aul fella??:o

You know it's time to be putting on the silage crates & a bit of greasing up when the eurovision is on.(what all them early cutters hurry was,il'll never know.)

United Kingdom on no points

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭Base price

The public votes really changes the leader board.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

straight wrote: »

Quite different here, spring 18 was very wet, then it dried up. This year we'd a very dry spring and it has turned wet.

What happened in 1879 Birdnuts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

United Kingdom on no points

Tis bad when your less popular than Israel.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,570 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Wee clip of the Italian winners of Eurovision from TikTok

That line of coke should keep his spirits up nicely 😂😂

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMeWynRSH/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

What’s the best type of mattress to get and how often do you change them?
    Have a memory foam mattress 5 1/2 years where I’m waking up with a sore back recently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Have a memory foam mattress 5 1/2 years where I’m waking up with a sore back recently

Have you it turned from top to bottom, spin her side to your side, 10 year is the basic rule of thumb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Tileman

It’s all the cash under it. Just go out and spend some of it and ure back will be sorted. 😉

Jb1989 wrote: »
    Have you it turned from top to bottom, spin her side to your side, 10 year is the basic rule of thumb.

You can only spin around as there’s a solid membrane on the bottom
    Disappointed we’re changing so soon but we’ve had nights of kids coming in and giving the occasional kick to the head as they were turning

Tileman wrote: »
    It’s all the cash under it. Just go out and spend some of it and ure back will be sorted. 😉

Damn .. you have me sussed .....
    Was thinking of going king coil, has anyone got experience

• Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭orm0nd

We bought off bigmickie.ie here on the the bargain alerts forum here on boards.ie.

Good honest advise and fast delivery. Good price too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

We bought a dear enough 2 years ago, it’s not memory foam but has a special top on it so you can’t flip it upside down. Anyhow, we both don’t like it. It’s too soft for me. The odd night I sleep in the child’s bed with him and have a way better sleep, and it’s only a cheap enough regular one, old too, but it’s lovely and firm.
    Don’t think I’d spend as much again and change more often if needed

• Registered Users Posts: 21,460 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Would putting marine ply or something under the mattress, firm it up?

What happened in 1879 Birdnuts?

Famine conditions in some parts of the country and the Knock apparition. It also saw the kick off of the movements that built up to the Land League in rural Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Famine conditions in some parts of the country and the Knock apparition. It also saw the kick off of the movements that built up to the Land League in rural Ireland

Grandfather used to say the famine went on til the 1920s...
    Now, I am not sure if this is 100% true, but what I would say is food was still scarce and the memories of the famine were still very much in everyone’s mind...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

An Górta mór. The Great hunger, it was the biggest famine, one of about 30 or 40, forget exactly between 1700 and 1880s.

Even the small ones were big ones by Europe s standard of the time. while the one in the 1740s killed as many per capita as the 1840s, given our population had been halved twice in the 1600s at sword point the numbers weren't there.

Bad neighbours are a scourge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Just seen this on the news - it didn’t say anything about the guards following up on it, but they surely would be wouldn’t they?

https://t.co/0YvrI9zeMN https://twitter.com/IrishRail/status/1395676823695020034?s=20

Advertisement