Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭148multi

GBX wrote: »
    Would anybody know where in Ireland that would post that I could get something like this?

https://www.agrisupply.com/manual-canister-lrg-new-style/p/109316/
    https://www.agrisupply.com/manual-canister-lrg-new-style/p/67670A/

(I'm a Dub with no farming contacts)

You can make one yourself using black sewer pipe with a screw lid, chemical weld on the joints. A bit of spunge top and bottom for protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dzer2

Mchughs in Dublin look up
    Document holder

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Thanks all. :)

Or you can get a 105 howitzer shell tube plastic shell case from surplus and outdoor for a 5

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Interesting - its for adding extra storage for some tools on my motorbike. Food for thought with the shell :D

• Advertisement

How do I calculate how much N/ha my flock produces? Just from the livestock. Or even N per animal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,158 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

How do I calculate how much N/ha my flock produces? Just from the livestock. Or even N per animal.

A lowland ewe and her lambs produces 13kg N/year and a hill ewe and her lambs produces 7kg N/year.
    Multiply the number of ewes by whichever figure applies and divide by your number of heactares

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

wrangler wrote: »
    A lowland ewe and her lambs produces 13kg N/year and a hill ewe and her lambs produces 7kg N/year.
    Multiply the number of ewes by whichever figure applies and divide by your number of heactares

That some difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Strange one in work today pulled up a vehicle and ran into the shed for no more than two minutes came back and the windscreen was smashed. Yard was nearly empty no witnesses and right under a surveilance camera(likely not operating during work hours either).

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Strange one in work today pulled up a vehicle and ran into the shed for no more than two minutes came back and the windscreen was smashed. Yard was nearly empty no witnesses and right under a surveilance camera(likely not operating during work hours either).

Hardly a chip on the windscreen to begin with, which exploded due to heat or what not?

• Advertisement

Cheers.
    That some difference!

Lowland ewe is heavier and likely has two lambs. Hill ewe could be 50kg herself and have one lamb.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,158 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Jb1989 wrote: »
    Hardly a chip on the windscreen to begin with, which exploded due to heat or what not?

The door of my tractor did the same, just went into powder for no reason

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

The door of my tractor did the same, just went into powder for no reason

My auld lad had the same thing happen. I forget exactly why, but it just smashed into a million pieces when it was just sitting there. I can't remember if it was the vibration or something.

I believe change in temperature can also do it.

Just one if those things and it can be replaced easily enough, would have been worse if someone was sitting in it at the time i suppose.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Odelay

Had heard similar one day, "what happened the the back window", "nothing, it just broke...". hmmmm

Odelay wrote: »
    Had heard similar one day, "what happened the the back window", "nothing, it just broke...". hmmmm

At least were all singing from the one hymn sheet here, yard manager looked stressed enough about ringing about another f#ck up all the same but these things happen i suppose.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,557 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Styropyro and his IR death Ray attacking people's windscreens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Styropyro and his IR death Ray attacking people's windscreens.

You'd know Reggie wasn't on the team anymore, god bless him.

Jb1989 wrote: »
    You'd know Reggie wasn't on the team anymore, god bless him.

Ryanair plane hijacked too.... Coincidence? I think not.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,557 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Ryanair plane hijacked too.... Coincidence? I think not.....

And Longford Maverick invading Irish airspace with his USAF buddies.

We're Doomed!!

Tis all a master plan by Russia to start a war to end all the talk about Greta. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

And Longford Maverick invading Irish airspace with his USAF buddies.

We're Doomed!!

Tis all a master plan by Russia to start a war to end all the talk about Greta. :pac:

Ah puntin knows the country is vulnerable now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

Cheers.

Lowland ewe is heavier and likely has two lambs. Hill ewe could be 50kg herself and have one lamb.

Ah yeah, i know that but I wouldnt have thought it would be half/double. 'Twas just my initial thought on it.
    I thought the lambing averages might be more 1.3 vs 1.8 ?

Ah yeah, i know that but I wouldnt have thought it would be half/double. 'Twas just my initial thought on it.
    I thought the lambing averages might be more 1.3 vs 1.8 ?

On a hard hill farm with not much fenced land, lambing % could be significantly lower than 1.3 I would think.

Best I achieved was slightly over 1.5, but I haven't gone back there as I'm more interested in profit than production.

On a hard hill farm with not much fenced land, lambing % could be significantly lower than 1.3 I would think.

Best I achieved was slightly over 1.5, but I haven't gone back there as I'm more interested in profit than production.

There are some lowland flocks that are not achieving 1.3 you know.

148multi wrote: »
    There are some lowland flocks that are not achieving 1.3 you know.

Oh yeah probably, all farms are unique in the many factors that make them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,555 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Lovely moon out

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭Base price

whelan2 wrote: »
    Lovely moon out
    I was going to say the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

So to met the neighbour with the calf that was sick from a few weeks ago.

The calf died. So he sold the cow for 3 suck calves (2 black wh heifers and 1 red white head heifer) and a bale of hay. (He paid €1400 for the incalf cow) He said The calves were drinking a bag of maverick for €40 a week and decided it was too expensive. They are about 8 weeks now. So he has just sold the 3 of them for €200 each.

Anyway I met him this evening and he has a cow with pneumonia- paid €1500 for her and I reckon he will have her sold next week for a song and replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭Base price

So to met the neighbour with the calf that was sick from a few weeks ago.

The calf died. So he sold the cow for 3 suck calves (2 black wh heifers and 1 red white head heifer) and a bale of hay. (He paid €1400 for the incalf cow) He said The calves were drinking a bag of maverick for €40 a week and decided it was too expensive. They are about 8 weeks now. So he has just sold the 3 of them for €200 each.

Anyway I met him this evening and he has a cow with pneumonia- paid €1500 for her and I reckon he will have her sold next week for a song and replaced.
    He must have lots of money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Base price wrote: »
    He must have lots of money.

The opposite. Part time working bachelor. Looses money hand over foot at that craic.

He owes the ag advisor about 3 years worth of fees as he thinks he’s too dear.

Advertisement